When loading G2F clothes, cannot find corresponding duf file

I'm having trouble loading clothes on G2F (Wilmap's and others).  Daz tells me there will be a problem because the duf file cannot be found (yet when it shows me the file path, it looks fine and I know the file is there in data/etc/etc/xyz.duf).  I don't get a choice to try to find the duf file.  When it loads, I get the gray blocks that I guess would be appropriate for the Michelin Man but not for G2F :)

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  The files for the clothes look to be in the right folders...

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited July 2015

The grey boxes usually mean you haven't installed the items correctly.

I have a tutorial which shows how to install zip files properly on my website.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • Thank you!!  I'll definitely check it out.  I totally missed the tutorial but I see it now.  I'll let you know how it goes tonight :)

• I followed the tutorial but got the same result, a message that says: "some assets needed for the file were found to be missing, the content may not work as expected" followed by the file path for the file that is supposedly missing:

/data/Pusey Designs/G2F Asian Dress/G2F Asian Dress/Asian Dress UV_38704.dsf

The funny thing is, I do have that file in that path (the full path  on my computer is Public/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/My Library/data/" and then what shows up above).

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The funny thing is, I do have that file in that path (the full path  on my computer is Public/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/My Library/data/" and then what shows up above).

That's not right. 

A 'My Lubrary/data' should NOT be the mapped folder, nor should it be 'My DAZ 3D Library/My Library/anything'.   Especially if there is another /data folder in ANY of those folders.  That's called 'nested content folders' and those Studio for a loop.

It should be something like...

/My DAZ 3D Library (that's what you map TO in the CDM)  and then in it should be

• /data
    • /Figures
    • /several other folders (People, Props, etc)
    • /Runtime  (in it should be)
      • /Geometries
      • /Libraries
      • /Textures

And the structure should be the same for My Library.

Can you post a screenshout of Window's Explorer showing the folders in My DAZ 3D Library?

• edited July 2015

Here it is.

screen.png
    728 x 642 - 52K
    screen.jpg
    728 x 642 - 122K
    Post edited by riochild_663b64339f on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Items in that "My Library" folder underneath "My DAZ 3D Library" will not work, you need to take the folders underneath "My Library" and move them up one level to merge with the folders which are directly underneath "My DAZ 3D Library".

• That worked! Just as you said, everything needed to be one level up.  Thanks~