Store website disfunctional

marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Am I the only one to notice that the store is getting more and more difficult to navigate?

Lately, I have noticed delays when opening product pages or clicking from one page to the next. And I have, for a long time, been unable to predict what will show up when I use the filters. For example, if the filter says "New Arrivals" I often get the same layout as the "Most Popular" filter. Sometimes switching between those two corrects the view but just now I did that and was still getting ancient V3 items on the same page as 2022 content.

Another problem showing up lately is that, when paging through a multi-page list, I click on the next page only to find it half full of the products from the previous page. This repetition goes on through all the pages. I am not using the DAZ Deals add-on these days so perhaps that masked a lot of these problems when I used it in the past - so maybe the site has been this bad for a long time?

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,376

I've noticed the same two things, the second is especially annoying. Thanks for bringing it up, I just couldn't summon the energy.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250

The search results paging has been a pain for a long time. The results initially don't seem to align with the default of 40 items per page when you first try it. Change it to one of the others and back again, and it should be good. Still, there is also an off-by-one error on the page count. If your search returns more than one page of results, the page control (only at the bottom, still) is one short. Just divide the number of results by the number per page, and you only get full pages, any remainder is dropped. You can still get to the last page of results by typing in the page number in the URL in the address bar (yada, yada, &p=number). Say there are 50 results in the search. At 60 per page, you get one page with 50 items. At 40 per page, you still only get one page available, with the first 40 items.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688
    edited October 2022

Same here. But I've lost the will to complain. I prefer sarcasm and snarkiness, though they can lead to bitterness. I can't imagine how Daz's response to these issues would be any different if they didn't care at all.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • On filtering - if there is a filter (such as Popular) set in thw URL you need to select a different one, then go back to the one you want to get it to change. It will sometimes revert after other operations even so.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Richard Haseltine said:

On filtering - if there is a filter (such as Popular) set in thw URL you need to select a different one, then go back to the one you want to get it to change. It will sometimes revert after other operations even so.

Yes, that's what I meant in my OP when saying I was switching between filters. Sometimes it corrects, sometimes it doesn't. 

All-in-all, the website is becoming as unreliable as the forum site (which has to be the worst forum software on the planet). Unfortunately, the store is what keeps DAZ in business and people, as can be seen above, are possibly tiring of jumping through hoops to find the products they want to buy. I thought I read somewhere that a new Webmaster has been appointed recently but I have only seen things get even worse. The disfunctional filters, the hopeless search, the constant bombardment of ever-more-complicated promotions usually involving conditional sales ("Get this discount but only if you buy these products") is making the whole transactional experience unpleasant.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,033

I've noticed that when I first come here, I get a message saying that the website is logging me out. Why? Especially when I checked off to remain logged in! What's the point of having a box to remain logged in when it doesn't work?

Drogo Nazhur said:

I've noticed that when I first come here, I get a message saying that the website is logging me out. Why? Especially when I checked off to remain logged in! What's the point of having a box to remain logged in when it doesn't work?

I suspect that if you login from a different device it logs you out. I usually sit at my PC to browse the DAZ website but occasionally use my iPad. If I login from my iPad, the next time I access DAZ from the PC it logs me out.

• marble said:

Another problem showing up lately is that, when paging through a multi-page list, I click on the next page only to find it half full of the products from the previous page. This repetition goes on through all the pages. I am not using the DAZ Deals add-on these days so perhaps that masked a lot of these problems when I used it in the past - so maybe the site has been this bad for a long time?

This is just really annoying. I also have instances where changing pages, instead of bringing me to the top of the new page, just stays on the bottom, with the top images not loading (or having the previous page products). 

EnoughButter said:

marble said:

This is just really annoying. I also have instances where changing pages, instead of bringing me to the top of the new page, just stays on the bottom, with the top images not loading (or having the previous page products). 

Yeah - that annoys me too. It has got to the point where I am reaching for the Home Key to bring the page back to the top on other sites too - just because it has become a habit on this site.

• kwerkxkwerkx Posts: 105

The (side bar) filters annoy me the most.  Recently (or maybe it was always this way) selecting more than one figure is additive.. so I am able to use the filters to get more selections than there are results by checking multiple figures.  Assume that is because some items support multiple figures and get duplicated in the filtered results.  Also, I have seen the same issues above: duplicate items and wierd results from the meta (recent, popular, high/low, low/high) filters.

Suggestion: Set up a test store when G9 hits the market, put new products in both stores and experiment on a better search and filter system.

kwerkx said:

The (side bar) filters annoy me the most.  Recently (or maybe it was always this way) selecting more than one figure is additive..

YES! 

Another one that bugs me too. There is no way to filter-OUT categories or vendors or Not-On-Sale. Rendo has a much better filter system but I could suggest improvements for that too. It is so much better than we have for the DAZ Store though.

• kwerkxkwerkx Posts: 105

marble said:

kwerkx said:

The (side bar) filters annoy me the most.  Recently (or maybe it was always this way) selecting more than one figure is additive..

YES! 

Another one that bugs me too. There is no way to filter-OUT categories or vendors or Not-On-Sale. Rendo has a much better filter system but I could suggest improvements for that too. It is so much better than we have for the DAZ Store though.

Yep, filtering stuff.. sigh.  Rendo has it's own problems though (multiple formats and s l  o  w  search results) and both suffer from the this sort of word salad problem where the keyword you search for has to be in the title or (probably) description for it to be found.  That puts a large burdon on PAs to name and describe thier products.. e.g. that supersuit should also mention halloween, costume, superhero, and a slew of other keywords to come up in search.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761

Lolz. And today's sale banner says 66% off while the actual prices are only 60% off. They can't make up their mind what discount to really offer.

• I have a problem on my iPhone where the login isn't persistent. When I click on a new page, the website loses the cookies, I guess. It does not remember to hide things I've already purchased.

So, I've just had to use my PC recently. Very annoying.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186

{Sarcastic font engaged} My favorite disfunctional aspect of the site is when doing a search you may see the same product listed several times, if it goes more than one page. I have given up hope of the store ever being fixed.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    edited October 2022

It's a pity the site is so badly configured with it's problems. It certainly doesn't have to be this way. I have been building and maintaining websites for yonks and everything in this comment thread is fixable.

Post edited by Paintbox on
  • One that bothers me: if you're searching through an 8 page list - say, the 8 items for 2.99 pc+ club deal. If you're on page 4 and see an item you like and click on it to get more detail, as soon as you hit the back button on your browser you're dumped back to page 1 of that multi-page list! This drives me batty because I don't always memorize what page I'm on, so when I get dumped back to page 1 I have to manually sort through the whole list again!
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Drives me batty too, I've taken to opening anything in a seperate tab. I think it is 'a feature' they took from the Artstation website, but it is also the main thing I hate about Artstations lists. They were asking us at one point which other websites we used and seem to have adopted worst features.

• Yes, I open things in new tabs and then I can go through them at the end of scanning the list.

• 3Ddreamer said:

Drives me batty too, I've taken to opening anything in a seperate tab. I think it is 'a feature' they took from the Artstation website, but it is also the main thing I hate about Artstations lists. They were asking us at one point which other websites we used and seem to have adopted worst features.

Hmmm...good idea. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks!

I'm so used to opening new tabs to avoid being sent back to page one that I had forgotten that's why I do it. Again, it has become an automatic habit. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited October 2022

My biggest store pet peeve is being on page 11, clicking on a product, backing out and now being on page 1 again. THAT is super annoying and has even made me drop it and stop shopping if I'm in the right (or wrong) mood. I don't always remember to open it in a separate tab (and, frankly, shouldn't have to).

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

I've just started a grumpy thread about Daz+ popups: another irritating aspect of the site at the moment, though this is new and I hope transitory. If I have Daz+, I don't really want repeated popups for it.

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606

Problems to log in...

• Unseen said:

Problems to log in...

1. Make sure you signed the Daz End User License Agreement (EULA) here: https://www.daz3d.com/eula
    2. Login failures can also occur due to special characters within the password... Click the “Forgot Password” link to reset.
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207496406