Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

One final word (promise).

If you have read the threads posted by me, you are aware I have Hi-Jacked this discussion

Some of my earlier comments could be misconstrued as these being bad products. Far from

the truth, they are not. Which is why I pursued the solution further than usual..

But, I do think, if you read my comments and more importantly the response from the deelopers, you will notice something unique.

These (Developers) are  people who truly take pride in their product.

And, more importantly, will go the extra yard to make sure they work.

They and their products are unique!!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Lol no hijacking at all. This is what the thread is for. Thank you for the kind words and support, and we are glad we could assist.yes

• The scripts are not working for me... when launching I get the message that 'Can't find the required base product: "Genesis 3&8 to 9 Poser Converter."  Please make sure it is installed before running the script.'

====================================================================================================
    G3 and G8 to G9 Batch Pose Converter 1.0 (Dev 8)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bit Architecture: 64
    DS Version: 4.21.0.5
    DS Edition: Pro
    DS Release Cycle: General Release
    RKEY: 085cc16a-76b3-4c5a-828c-52aeada5a077
    Script: /Volumes/Dark Wing/Graphics/Genesis/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Batch Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Batch Pose Converter.dse

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023-02-28 11:20:59.296 [DEBUG] :: #KWd6HB: Unable to find abs path for base product.
    2023-02-28 11:23:09.595 [DEBUG] :: #dY1w9Y: Original Pose Converter base product not found.
    2023-02-28 11:23:09.596 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: /Volumes/Dark Wing/Graphics/Genesis/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Batch Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Batch Pose Converter.dse

I've reinstalled, removed/reinstallewd, and reinstalled through DIM (normally I do manual installs).  I do wonder though if something has been missed somewhere given that this posting lists 1.2 as the current version and the logs seem to show 1.0, even though I've re-downloaded today for those installs.  Any suggestions?

• crikett said:

The scripts are not working for me... when launching I get the message that 'Can't find the required base product: "Genesis 3&8 to 9 Poser Converter."  Please make sure it is installed before running the script.'

====================================================================================================
    G3 and G8 to G9 Batch Pose Converter 1.0 (Dev 8)
    Bit Architecture: 64
    DS Version: 4.21.0.5
    DS Edition: Pro
    DS Release Cycle: General Release
    RKEY: 085cc16a-76b3-4c5a-828c-52aeada5a077
    Script: /Volumes/Dark Wing/Graphics/Genesis/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Batch Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Batch Pose Converter.dse

2023-02-28 11:20:59.296 [DEBUG] :: #KWd6HB: Unable to find abs path for base product.
    2023-02-28 11:23:09.595 [DEBUG] :: #dY1w9Y: Original Pose Converter base product not found.
    2023-02-28 11:23:09.596 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: /Volumes/Dark Wing/Graphics/Genesis/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Batch Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Batch Pose Converter.dse

I've reinstalled, removed/reinstallewd, and reinstalled through DIM (normally I do manual installs).  I do wonder though if something has been missed somewhere given that this posting lists 1.2 as the current version and the logs seem to show 1.0, even though I've re-downloaded today for those installs.  Any suggestions?

And you do have both the converter and the batch tool installed?

• crikettcrikett Posts: 77

Richard Haseltine said:

And you do have both the converter and the batch tool installed?

ARGH!  Of course.... thank you Richard, in getting focused on the Batch product I completely overlooked the obvious.  Just re-installed that as well and everything is good!  The wonders a second set of eyes can do on a problem!  Thanks again!

• nashnirnashnir Posts: 3
    edited March 2023

Hi, I have the https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-pose-converter-bundle

I am trying to convert a small animation from 8.1 to 9 but I am only able to convert the pose at frame 1.

How can I convert this (Assuming it is possible)?

Daz.png
    1043 x 291 - 50K
    Post edited by nashnir on
  • MonytoMonyto Posts: 19

hello I have a little problem... I did everything as you demonstrate in the video, it's installed, the slave key in "p" and here is the message that appears when I do anything! Before bothering you with my question, I tried a lot of things...

After I thought, maybe it's because of my Mac system?? but normally that shouldn't be a problem...

and finally, I have in my library all the versions of Genesis from 2 to 9...

help because there, I do not understand, thank you in advance for your help... have a pleasant day

Capture-Ecran.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 163K

Hi. Do you own the Originial Pose Converter product which is required? It is listed on the product page.

nashnir said:

I am trying to convert a small animation from 8.1 to 9 but I am only able to convert the pose at frame 1.

Hi. The system isn't designed for animation timelines. We are looking at an animation converter but don't know if it will be viable enough.

• MonytoMonyto Posts: 19
    edited March 2023

Zev0 said:

Hi. Do you own the Originial Pose Converter product which is required? It is listed on the product page.

But what a jerk I am... pffff ok I'll try and let you know... thank you for your quick answer

15 minutes later...

so indeed, it works much better when you have the right extension... a thousand thanks, it's spot on! pity that Gen9 does not have the same size as Gen 8... but hey, the poses work great, thank you very much for this software which will save me precious time... have a nice day ;)

Post edited by Monyto on
  • nashnirnashnir Posts: 3
    edited March 2023

Zev0 said:

nashnir said:

Hi. The system isn't designed for animation timelines. We are looking at an animation converter but don't know if it will be viable enough.

Thank you.

Post edited by nashnir on
  • BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237

I looked through the forum, and unless I'm blind, I didn't see any solution to why the Pose Converter won't work.  I have Daz Studio 4.20.0.2.  When I try to open the script, I get the following error, "An error occured while reading the file.  Please see the log for more details".  I looked at the log and it says this: 2023-04-17 16:04:16.039 [INFO] :: Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter.dse
    2023-04-17 16:04:16.039 [INFO] :: Failed to load script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter.dse.  I saw people stating similar errors, but they didn't have versio 4.20.0.2.  What could be my problem?

• The current version is 4.21.0.5, though I would expect a version-mismatch to give an explicit error. It may be worth reinstalling incase something went wrong with the file, but again I would expect file corruption to give a more specific error.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237

I just deleted the download, redownloaded it, deleted all the files and reinstalled them, and I still get the same error.

edited April 2023

Hi. Script was compiled in 4.20.0.17. So you need that or higher.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • wildcard84wildcard84 Posts: 5
    edited April 2023

Hi 

I see the discussion is not over and I have or had the same problems with the converter not working.

I may have found a reason at the base of the frustrations. The script works very nice and as expected. What does not work is the link to start the script. 
    How it could start the script was via the pane Script IDE. When I execute the converter from here, everything is nice and running.

After some more searching, I found, that the shortcut and the Script Menu try to start the script from an old file location and then nothing is happening because obviously no script can be found.

So I got a workaround to convert poses. But to make things smoother, it would be nice if we could get a bugfix to delete the old reference to the .dse.

Error.png
    3228 x 198 - 129K
    Post edited by wildcard84 on
  • bitwelderbitwelder Posts: 212

wildcard84 said:

Hi 

I see the discussion is not over and I have or had the same problems with the converter not working.

I may have found a reason at the base of the frustrations. The script works very nice and as expected. What does not work is the link to start the script. 
    How it could start the script was via the pane Script IDE. When I execute the converter from here, everything is nice and running.

After some more searching, I found, that the shortcut and the Script Menu try to start the script from an old file location and then nothing is happening because obviously no script can be found.

So I got a workaround to convert poses. But to make things smoother, it would be nice if we could get a bugfix to delete the old reference to the .dse.

Here are a couple of things you can try to fix this:

1. Update the custom action path to the script manually in Daz Studio. (See attached screenshot entitled 'How to change the path to a Custom Action script')

--or--

2. Delete the custom action, then try setting the keyboard shortcut/Scripts menu item again. (See attached screenshot entitled 'How to delete Custom Action')

Also, if there are multiple copies of the script installed, I'd recommend uninstalling all of them but one because it could potentially cause problems.

Please let me know how this turns out, and if it doesn't work, we'll look at other options. Thanks!

ChangeCustomActionScriptPath.jpg
    1628 x 1049 - 385K
    DeleteCustomAction.jpg
    1614 x 1049 - 332K
  • Very nice, that did the trick for me. I was not aware of the ”edit custom action” option. Maybe others can use that information too. Especially when having had older versions of the converter in use. THY

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,181
    edited June 2023

Hi, I just wanted to extol the great value of this 3 and 8 to 9 pose converter!

In about 35 minutes I converted 16,000+ Genesis 3 male/female, Genesis 8 male/female and Genesis 8.1 male/female poses to Genesis 9!

...and they are all context aware in smart content when I have a Genesis 9 figure selected!

At first I thought, why batch convert these poses when I can just convert them on the fly?

Well converting them on the fly is a lot of extra steps when you could just double click and apply the pose!

This is one of the best working and fully functional products available in the Daz store. Is it almost perfect? No, it is perfect!

The poses go on as expected and the tweaking needed is only because each figure has its own unique shape and size.

As if I don't have enough poses already, but I went out and bought another few thousand Michael 4 and Victoria 4 poses.

Could you please make a converter for M4 and V4 to Genesis 9? It is noteworthy that there were a ton of poses that were made for M4 and V4.

Having the entire pose library available for Genesis 9 would be really nice!

I have exponentially more poses for M4 and V4 than I do for Genesis (1)

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by RexRed on

Hi. Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately we will not be going so far back to V4/M4 for G9. Not even Genesis & Genesis 2. G3 is the furthest we will go for Genesis 9. Another factor is the market has moved on long ago from V4/M4 and conversion products for them do not sell very well to warrant developement time.

• Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122
    edited July 2023

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

In Daz, if I take a Generation 8 pose, apply it to my Generation 9 model and then save that pose as a preset, that pose will not work if I import it into Blender via the Daz Blender Bridge. Non-converted  poses made for Generation 9 models do seem to translate well to Blender.

Thank you.

Chou-Vert

This isn't your converter, this is the Blender bridge, it doesn't seem to bring over saved preset poses.

Post edited by Chou-Vert on
  • hi, so i bought this, but it literally does nothing. it says select the figure, i select it but it complains i didnt choose a pose.....i cant choose two things at once so i don't get it. Also i try launching the script in a window but that does absolutely nothing when i click it. COuld it possible be due to the fact i have CMS connection issues since my old drive died?

Hi. You highlight the figure in scene, a pose from your content library and launch the script via the scripts menu ontop or via a shortcut. That way you maintain both selections of figure and required pose.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

I have both of your converters for Genesis 9.  I'm more interested in using the Batch converter and was wondering if that takes care of all the dialogs that one has to deal with in saving them out which my old brain has an issue remembering.  I've not been able to find exact info on what's required to save out a pose and would love to know what I have to uncheck and check to save out the pose itself from the save dialog box.  

Thanks so much

Richard 

• Hello would it be possible a script for aniblocks with morph ( because face capture )  or animation poses ? . Thank you !! 

edited October 2023

RAMWolff said:

I have both of your converters for Genesis 9.  I'm more interested in using the Batch converter and was wondering if that takes care of all the dialogs that one has to deal with in saving them out which my old brain has an issue remembering.  I've not been able to find exact info on what's required to save out a pose and would love to know what I have to uncheck and check to save out the pose itself from the save dialog box.  

Thanks so much

Richard 

Hi. The batch converter will convert the entire pose folder selected. There is an option to remove selected poses before saving.

Capture.JPG
    717 x 680 - 99K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited October 2023

contact_40b2015a said:

Hello would it be possible a script for aniblocks with morph ( because face capture )  or animation poses ? . Thank you !! 

Hi. Don't think we will do that to be honest.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Zev0 said:

RAMWolff said:

Thanks so much

Richard 

Hi. The batch converter will convert the entire pose folder selected. There is an option to remove selected poses before saving.

Yes, that works wonderfully.  Do you know of a tutorial that teaches one how to save out a pose correctly though?  I see some of the poses needs tweaking and well I'm very rusty as I've been over on the Poser side for the past couple of years and my old brain is having a time remembering.  

Thanks so much!  

There are lots of examples on youtube such as this

THank you.  I did watch that one but there is nothing nuanced about the save dialog.  Basically saved the entirety of what was selected by default for the dialog and that was all that was really shown for saving.