Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• MartialMartial Posts: 404
    edited January 2023

If i copy all content  files inside E:\DAZStudio Library\ My Library sur E  to E:\ My Library sur E and modify the path in content manager in Preferences  , can i reopen the files saved using older path ? I don't want to reinstall all too many content installed  using E:\DAZStudio Library\ My Library sur E

R ichard Haseltine said:

Martial said:

But i use this folders structure for around 3 years now and all my others contents work ok All these are indicated in the content directory manager in Preferences

Zev0 said:

Martial said:

OK forget my comment this script works

i make confusion with

88686-01_Genesis3and8to9BatchPoseConverter

this new script don't work for me

Martial said:

Too bad The script don't work for me also
    I have DAZStudio 4.21.0.5
    i have installed and reinstalled manually,and tried with DAZ Instal Manager, Failed  -see capture screens __oups uploading still don't work
    Here my files and folders structure
    D\DAZStudio4 64 bits\Scripts
    Most of my files for scripts and files in runtime fold are there i my main DAZStudio soft exe:
    D\DAZStudio4 64 bits\My Library\Scripts
    D\DAZStudio4 64 bits\My Library\Runtime
    There where i have installed

Few files are here:

i also hasve another library in
    E:\DAZStudio Library\ My Library sur E
    where some scripts are in Scripts folder

Some suggestions please  Thanks

"i also hasve another library in
    E:\DAZStudio Library\ My Library sur E"

Looks like you have nested libraries. EG a library within a library. But a log file would help. Thanks

Nested content directories (one inside another) cause problems because Daz Studio doesn't knoww hich to take as the starting point for relative paths - should a texture  in the inner folder be listed as /Runtime/Textures/Someflders/someimage.jpg or /My Library sur E/Runtime/Textures/Someflders/someimage.jpg - though that may not be apparent until the file is opened on another system.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I am trying to use your app but I keep getting the error : Cannot find the required product "Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter" Please make sure it is installed before running the script.

Please can you help me.

Thanks

Stuart

• Martial said:

If i copy all content  files inside E:\DAZStudio Library\ My Library sur E  to E:\ My Library sur E and modify the path in content manager in Preferences  , can i reopen the files saved using older path ? I don't want to reinstall all too many content installed  using E:\DAZStudio Library\ My Library sur E

R ichard Haseltine said:

Martial said:

But i use this folders structure for around 3 years now and all my others contents work ok All these are indicated in the content directory manager in Preferences

Zev0 said:

Martial said:

OK forget my comment this script works

i make confusion with

88686-01_Genesis3and8to9BatchPoseConverter

this new script don't work for me

Martial said:

Too bad The script don't work for me also
    I have DAZStudio 4.21.0.5
    i have installed and reinstalled manually,and tried with DAZ Instal Manager, Failed  -see capture screens __oups uploading still don't work
    Here my files and folders structure
    Most of my files for scripts and files in runtime fold are there i my main DAZStudio soft exe:
    D\DAZStudio4 64 bits\My Library\Scripts
    D\DAZStudio4 64 bits\My Library\Runtime
    There where i have installed

Few files are here:

i also hasve another library in
    E:\DAZStudio Library\ My Library sur E
    where some scripts are in Scripts folder

Some suggestions please  Thanks

"i also hasve another library in
    E:\DAZStudio Library\ My Library sur E"

Looks like you have nested libraries. EG a library within a library. But a log file would help. Thanks

Nested content directories (one inside another) cause problems because Daz Studio doesn't knoww hich to take as the starting point for relative paths - should a texture  in the inner folder be listed as /Runtime/Textures/Someflders/someimage.jpg or /My Library sur E/Runtime/Textures/Someflders/someimage.jpg - though that may not be apparent until the file is opened on another system.

The problem will come if the files used the bad relative path ( /My Library sur E/Runtime/Textures/Someflders/someimage.jpg) as that won't work in anything else - unless you uncompress the files (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Batch Convert or use an archive tool like 7Zip) and edit them in a text editor, replacing

/My%20Library%20sur%20E/Runtime/

with nothing. You could otherwise consolidate the two content directories, or just move the My Library sur E folder to another location and name it that or anything else. Note, however, that if you installed content to that location via Daz Central or Install Manager they will still think the files are in the original location.

Thanks for your attention and  suggestions. I must think about the balance between advantages and disadvantages to make this modification. For now , in the most case, the actual structure seems working even if  sometime i must locate the textures

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Am experiencing same error

Cannot find the required product "Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter" Please make sure it is installed before running the script.

Any solution?

Thank you

• bicc39 said:

Am experiencing same error

Cannot find the required product "Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter" Please make sure it is installed before running the script.

Any solution?

Thank you

How did you install the actual converter script? I assume this message is from https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-and-8-to-9-batch-pose-converter , which is a batch-execution script not the converter itself.

When Batch Converter is installed, there is a product support link in the contents that goes here!!!!!

Pose converter works great,

The "batch" item produces the error message

Installed manually, created scriot shortcut on menue. I also have this https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-and-8-to-9-pose-converter,this works great!!!

• I only have one complaint about the pose converter. I dont like how the popup box shows up every time I apply a pose. I use alot of partial poses and im always having to close this popup box because I cant work through it. Is there a setting that I missed somewhere that I can use to disable the popup? If not, could you please consider this feature for a future update. In my opinion this is a fairly significant stutter in what is generally a really hassle free product.

Tried a few things.

Uninstalled everything

Installed  pose converter 1st to  library with Genisis 9

Then installed "batch:" same error

Is thee any way to get converter to kiss and makeup with batch?

Like two feuding family members.

Batch refuses to recognize converter

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Send me a log please.

AnotherUserName said:

I only have one complaint about the pose converter. I dont like how the popup box shows up every time I apply a pose. I use alot of partial poses and im always having to close this popup box because I cant work through it. Is there a setting that I missed somewhere that I can use to disable the popup? If not, could you please consider this feature for a future update. In my opinion this is a fairly significant stutter in what is generally a really hassle free product.

Hitting escape closes it immediately. I do not see how this is an issue. You can close it as soon as it pops up before you even choose a new partial.

• Zev0 said:

AnotherUserName said:

I only have one complaint about the pose converter. I dont like how the popup box shows up every time I apply a pose. I use alot of partial poses and im always having to close this popup box because I cant work through it. Is there a setting that I missed somewhere that I can use to disable the popup? If not, could you please consider this feature for a future update. In my opinion this is a fairly significant stutter in what is generally a really hassle free product.

Hitting escape closes it immediately. I do not see how this is an issue. You can close it as soon as it pops up before you even choose a new partial.

I never sais it was an issue. Obviously it is by design. From a usability perspective it is less than desirable though.

Zevo....will start with a blank log. How would you like me to set up test What steps to perform...in sequence

Steps is when you try and run batch converter and it doesnt work.

I can see now where part of the problem rests

1. I load the figure Genesis 9 yes?

2. I then select the appropriat pose /foder ? yes?

3. Now what.....just run batch.? Dont forget I have never gotten to dialog box

4. There are no instructions for this program! outside of screen shots!!!

The product support link come here where there is only pose convertor

Please think of me as a small dumb animal, in regards to things like this the smallest step is important..

To you it is old hat, to me brand new

I don't think run the script/send the log quite covers it.

OK I am confused as to what you are trying to do. Are you wanting to convert a single pose, or do a batch conversion? If you are doing a batch conversion you dont need to load a figure. Just run the script.

The promo image is as extensive as it gets. There is nothing else to add instruction wise.

"The product support link come here where there is only pose convertor"

The addon falls under this product line. Makes no sense starting a new thread.

Please send me a screenshot of when the batch converter script is open.

Log

====================================================================================================
    G3 and G8 to G9 Batch Pose Converter 1.0 (Dev 8)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023-01-18 07:35:04.047 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
    2023-01-18 07:35:04.048 [DEBUG] :: #6x9UWQ: Checking for presence of script: E:/Daz My Library 1 612gb/My library 34/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter.dse
    2023-01-18 07:35:04.161 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
    2023-01-18 07:35:04.167 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
    2023-01-18 07:35:04.168 [DEBUG] :: Runtime/textures/BitZev/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter/instructions.png
    2023-01-18 07:35:22.626 [DEBUG] :: #dY1w9Y: Original Pose Converter base product not found.

Pose coverter installed in same script folder and works great!!!!

OK I am confused as to what you are trying to do. Are you wanting to convert a single pose, or do a batch conversion? If you are doing a batch conversion you dont need to load a figure. Just run the script.
    New information not known

The promo image is as extensive as it gets. There is nothing else to add instruction wise.
    Don't think so

"The product support link come here where there is only pose convertor"

The addon falls under this product line. Makes no sense starting a new thread.
    Then why am I and another here?

Please send me a screenshot of when the batch converter script is open.

In order to run the pose converter a Genesis 9 figure must be loaded
    Selecting a pose folder and running the batch, provides the same error message.
    Batch does not find pose convertor.
    How do you tell Batch it is in the same script folder as Pose converte?

Screen prints attached

error message.jpg
    1342 x 1008 - 111K
    error message 2.jpg
    959 x 708 - 78K

After trial and error I finally managed to make it work Genesis3and8to9PoseConverter  AND Genesis3and8to9BatchPoseConverte Thanks

Martial said:

After trial and error I finally managed to make it work Genesis3and8to9PoseConverter  AND Genesis3and8to9BatchPoseConverte Thanks

How?

Home run in reverse

As  of right now neither work

Error messages for both.

Yes, I know log file.

Consider a new thread for batch......just a hunch

• StareagleStareagle Posts: 11
    edited January 2023

GhostofMacbeth said:

Do you own this? https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-and-8-to-9-pose-converte

Ah talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. Yes, I do own that (but it is not installed) and now I understand why it won't work!

Note to oneself read the product requirements!! Now walks off and digs a big hole to jump in to hide embarrassment!! blush

Thanks
    Stuart

Post edited by Stareagle on

Progress...after 2 hours finally got  pose converter to work as before.

Good program was worth the work.

Batch error message same.

Sent you log, screen shots, am I missing something<

So far have worked on this for two days, please advise

Thank you

edited January 2023

Allo

First i have installed the scripts manually (most of my contents are manually installed)  at differents possibles localisations and nothing working except Genesis3and8to9PoseConverter .After i have tried using smart contents inside DAZStudio : failure After that i have uninstall the scripts and try via DAZCentral:still not working And finally using DAZ Install Manager i have uninstall the two scripts ang instal these still using DAZ Install Manager AND surprise :the two sripts are working now And i like the scripts  working

OUF never have a difficuty like this for installing plugins and scripts inside DAZStudio

bicc39 said:

Martial said:

How?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Thank you so very much for your explanation, have tried your various combinations

still no luck.

At one point, again lost the most valuable  prpgram Pose Converter, again another few hours to get that back.

Will wait for Zevo finding.

I do wish to thank you very much for your reply....meant a lot

Best of luck

Consolidate for easy viewing and review

====================================================================================================
    G3 and G8 to G9 Batch Pose Converter 1.0 (Dev 8)

2023-01-18 07:35:04.047 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
    2023-01-18 07:35:04.048 [DEBUG] :: #6x9UWQ: Checking for presence of script: E:/Daz My Library 1 612gb/My library 34/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter.dse
    2023-01-18 07:35:04.161 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
    2023-01-18 07:35:04.167 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
    2023-01-18 07:35:04.168 [DEBUG] :: Runtime/textures/BitZev/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter/instructions.png
    2023-01-18 07:35:22.626 [DEBUG] :: #dY1w9Y: Original Pose Converter base product not found.

Have spent two days on this!

error message 2.jpg
    959 x 708 - 78K
    error message.jpg
    1342 x 1008 - 111K
    edited January 2023

"Checking for presence of script: E:/Daz My Library 1 612gb/My library 34/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter.dse"

Your issue is you have a library within a library. This is why it cannot be found. This is not how a library structure should look. It should be Library/Scripts, not Library/Library/Scripts. The script is not designed to look for a structure like that. Unfortunately this is not an issue with the script, but content management. If they are installed in the same directory then this is the issue most likely.

Post edited by Zev0 on