This is Dynamic clothing for Poser and will NOT work in Daz Studio.....

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

How literal is that statement? "This is Dynamic clothing for Poser and will NOT work in Daz Studio." By "not work" is it the "dynamics" won't work? Or the thing won't load? It'll blow up the computer?

Comments

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847

The dynamics will not work.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Usually it means that it loads a static obj...no rigging. 

Sometimes, though it means more than that...like it uses some obscure 'trick' that only Poser understands (usually something with some sort of Python script) so that it won't even load.

I have some really nice, older Poser dynamic stuff that I've spent the time rigging in DS (before DS 4) with the old rigging tools...and it wasn't easy, but it can be worth the work.  It is easier now with the newer content creation tools.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Hmm..might be best to avoid for now, since "rigging" and "content creation tools" are words I don't really use :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504

The practical upshot of it is that Poser has a 'cloth room' which can turn otherwise unmoving objects into flowing cloth. It's this feature which the dynamic cloth takes advantage of, rather than the Optitex plugin that comes with Daz Studio which is exclusively for Daz.

This is why Poser 'dynamics' don't work in Daz and vice versa. Though, you can at least export a Daz dynamic object into Poser and make use of the cloth room as normal.

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272

If you are rendering stills, you have also the option to export the figure and the cloth to Blender, use Blender cloth engine and export back to Studio the final cloth mesh.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    latego said:

If you are rendering stills, you have also the option to export the figure and the cloth to Blender, use Blender cloth engine and export back to Studio the final cloth mesh.

I keep meaning to put in the effort to learn how to use Blender to add this to my workflow. Are there hairs as well?

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited July 2015

Are there hairs as well?

From this thread on Blenderartists:

Hairy enough wink?

Beware, it is not easy. Your character will get the hair you will pull from your head.

Post edited by jpb06t on
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited July 2015
    latego said:

Are there hairs as well?

From this thread on Blenderartists:

Hairy enough wink?

Beware, it is not easy. Your character will get the hair you will pull from your head.

That's.... Amazing. "Not easy" scares me, but that realism is hard to pass up at least trying!

Edit: Ah, it sounds like he sculpted the hair, I was hoping for dynamic hair.

Post edited by Testing6790 on

I just wanted to be able to use a pretty dress I saw....I'm not willing to learn new software for it..I'm sure I can find a similar other.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    Scavenger said:

I just wanted to be able to use a pretty dress I saw....I'm not willing to learn new software for it..I'm sure I can find a similar other.

in that case best skip it

otherwise buy Poser, Poser 10 has been on sale a lot I got it for $50

you can then export result to DAZ studio too some pz3 scenes even load animated

A friend was complaining the other day to me that Daz 4.8 can't import PZ3's?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited July 2015

they broken that again damn

well I only have 4.8 pubic build and just tried one and it worked

(I am still using 4.7)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited July 2015

Poser dynamics can be used in DS, we had a "hack" that allowed you to use them in the Optitex engine, but they weren't happy about that and tried to block it from working, can still be used even in 4..8 if you know what your doing, but that's as much as I'm saying on the subject as they really don't like me as it is cheeky

You can also do a quick and dirty rig for them in DS with the help of the TU and the "convert figure to weightmapping" feature.

With PZ3's it really depends on what's in them, most Poser content will still load from them but the usual suspects like PMD morphs wont.

Post edited by Bejaymac on