WHERE ARE ALL THE OLD THREADS???

2»

Comments

• kyoto kid said:
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:

...the change in how embedding images is handled is going to severely cripple any "how to..." tutorial posts. The small thumbnails are useless, and clicking on them no longer opens the image in a separate window.  The only other way get a "viewable" sized image in a post would require having to upload it to some "gallery" site first then use the "image" button to import it via the URL (a clumsy option). 

Upgrades to a forum should improve the "User Experience" for all (no matter what type of device they are using to view it), not detract from it as this apparently has done.

We haven't been able to do in line images for tutorials since 2012

...I am aware about inline images no longer being available (sad because I used to use a lot of other emoticons).  I'm speaking about just being able to insert viewable sized images like we used to be able to do in the previous forum instead of these "postage stamp" sized thumbnails or having to post them to another site first and call them in with the "image" button in the comment editing window header. The latter option has the issue of the images disappearing from the post should that site go offline or be closed down.

When I did tutorial posts in the previous forum, I always referenced the attached images thus:

Fig. 1 <short description>, Fig 2. <short description>, etc...

...and then noted which figure applied to which part of the process in the text body.

Attach the image, copy the location, and use that as an inline image. It has been said that you can then deleet the atachment but I wouldn't trust that.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151
    Chohole said:

Hi Cho, Part III link is taking me to Part II page..... 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2015

Let me try again   Part 3  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56019/

OK that works, so I have edited it on my original post.    Thanks for spotting that.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • because of the infinite login issue I still can't access the first thread in the forum regarding the new forum. Because even if I force stop the page from loading the stupid login white box blocks out the first several threads :(

You need change your username. It worked for me, from gilikshe to GiGi_7. Info is in the first thread that you can't achieve because you need to change your username to achieve the firt thread with info about change you username to achive the first thread...

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,346
    edited July 2015
    Byrdie said:

Whew! For a minute there I thought I was the only one who hated the New Look. 

I love more images, and images from link, good for tutorials. I love copy/paste with format from word (although some colors don't paste) I really love this from the deep of my heartheart. Format works in tablet very well, in PC I'm neutral...but I triple-hate quote angry

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2015
    GiGi_7 said:

because of the infinite login issue I still can't access the first thread in the forum regarding the new forum. Because even if I force stop the page from loading the stupid login white box blocks out the first several threads :(

You need change your username. It worked for me, from gilikshe to GiGi_7. Info is in the first thread that you can't achieve because you need to change your username to achieve the firt thread with info about change you username to achive the first thread...

Daz knows about the issue so I expect they will fix it. I won't change my username, cause it's my username! MINE. MINE! If I change it someone would take it and be a fake me. That would be bad. (i'm the same everywhere I go so I'm easy to find cool)

And I also hate the new quote functionality. I've seen it on other sites and I hated it there too. It works OK once you post, but it's kind of a pain to use for replies.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151

Thanks Cho.  I wasn't subscribed so never got your response.   It's bookmarked now...

Wow, that spell checker is a PITA!  Still can't right click and use the built in one for Firefox.  I really hope they fix the right click options... that's messed up!