Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited May 2020

I keep trying to do the right thing

posting images

but

the image properties don't stick for opening in a new window blank

on neither Chrome or Safari broken heart

Untitled.jpg
    913 x 592 - 61K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited May 2020

well damn it worked then

but will not here
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5629786/#Comment_5629786

tried URL in that space too

works with or without here not there

• brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213

is it normal that I have to login so often even when using the forum? it's annoying when I receive an email notification about a new post on threads I follow and when I open that link into my browser I can see the thread only for a moment before being forced to log out.. once I login again I'm sent to the account page, then I go back and I'm on forum geneal and finally I can go back again where I needed to be, on the thread.. when on mobile it really really annoys.. :(

• brvsn said:

is it normal that I have to login so often even when using the forum? it's annoying when I receive an email notification about a new post on threads I follow and when I open that link into my browser I can see the thread only for a moment before being forced to log out.. once I login again I'm sent to the account page, then I go back and I'm on forum geneal and finally I can go back again where I needed to be, on the thread.. when on mobile it really really annoys.. :(

Using the inks to open the site does seem prone to this - try opening the site directly first (and thenm clicking the link to go to the post/thread).

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited June 2020
    brvsn said:

It's been like that since at least 2017 *, but it doesn't happen to most people so it's never going to be fixed (that was a reply, albeit paraphrased, to a bug report I made about this a few years ago).

I think you're just going to have to get used to it.

I have.

( on the positive side - at least it helps you not to forget your password ! )

*make that 2015, or even 2012. Something to do with Magento and/or Cloudflare and/or incompetence

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213

ouch..

if there are the premises I guess it's useless to talk about tapatalk, isn't it? I could search the forum and find some very old similar request, maybe devil

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Not a new problem, but tonight it just bit me again.

I read the DAZ forums by clicking "Recent Discussions" from the top menu then opening a series of pages in tabs until I run out of "new"-tagged threads. Problem is, "Recent Discussions" is three items down on the menu, and at the top is "Mark Forums Viewed", which nukes all "new" tags. Every now and then my mousing finger slips, and I hit "Mark" instead of "Recent" and lose all my tags. It's much too easy to do this accidentally.

edited August 2020

Bit of a surprise today regarding forum auto-sign-out and having to re-sign-in.

I was logged in this morning and didn't manually sign out.

I just reopened my browser and find I'm not logged in. No 'signing you out' message. I'm just simply not signed in. Weird (well, to most people that would be perfectly normal. But when you're one of the select few with the auto-sign-out problem... it's weird !

I tried to re-sign-in in the usual manner (usual for the select few who have to do this every few days) - click the little head-and-shoulders icon top right, click the green login button without filling in username and password (because I know it always gives me that Captcha/hCaptcha test next, and then always asks me to sign in again regardless of whether I've already entered my username and password, and I've worked out that it's less stressful to only enter username and password when  you know the system isn't going to totally ignore it).

I was stumped for a while, because no Captcha appeared and nothing seemed to happen.

But then I noticed an extra bit of text saying something like 'username and password required). "Weird!" I thought.

So I tried again - click the little head and shoulders top right, enter my username and password on the dropdown, and click the green Login button.

I had a huge surprise - it logged me straight in ! No Captcha. For the first time in at least a couple of years.

My first thought was that it must be something to do with the clean Windows 10 reinstallation. But it can't be that, because I've been having the old auto-sign-out problem over the past few days, after the reinstallation.

So I'm wondering...

...has somebody perhaps accidentally fixed it ?

No, not fixed. It was just a fluke. Today I opened my browser, was signed out by the system, and had to sign in again in time-honoured fashion, via the hCaptchas.

edited August 2020

I still have the auto Sign-Out problem, but symptoms have changed

( Sorry to keep banging on about this, but if DAZ had fixed it at some time in the five (eight?) years since it was first reported I wouldn't have to*, would I ? )

It appears worse now - it looks like I'm being  auto-signed every day, or more precisely, every time I open the DA site after my computer's been restarted.

Sometimes I get the old 'auto sign-out' message when I open my first DAZ page (I think the little head-and-shoulders sign-in icon top right stays blue, as always, which is wrong)...
    ...but at other times I don't, and the little head-and-shoulders sigb-in icon top right is white as it should be. Which is an improvement in one way - that's as it should be if I'm not signed in.

However, I don't always get presented with a Captcha now, it sometimes goes straight to my account page.

(and Chohole - it makes no difference for me whether I log in from the forums or the shop)

And I can now sign in by entering my username and password in the drop down that appears from the little head-and-shoulders sign-in icon top right without being asked to enter that information again after doing the Captcha (if I'm asked to do one).

So something's definitely changed, some things are a bit better, but others are a bit worse

*If anybody can find a link to the thread a year or so back where a DAZ person explained that the captcha (and auto-sign out?) was intentional, and happened if your IP address changed, please let me have it. I want to link to it from here.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2020

3dcheapskate
    (and Chohole - it makes no difference for me whether I log in from the forums or the shop)

How about if you use the log in from the Home Page?

BTW   I have never had to go through a Captcha  on sign in at Daz.   

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2020
    Chohole said:

3dcheapskate

How about if you use the log in from the Home Page?

BTW   I have never had to go through a Captcha  on sign in at Daz.   

That's what I meant, homepage. yes
    I get the same thing, ever since I first tried what you suggested, years back.
    It's still the same problem as logging in from the forum for me.

Regarding the Captcha, this is definitely something to do with the country you're in and whether your ISP provides you with a fixed IP address (so Big Brother can more easily keep track of you) or a dynamic IP address (which is just as easy for Big Brother to keep track of you with).
    DAZ_<somebody> explained this on a thread that I read (and commented on I think?), but which I can't find.

Totally agree that this isn't a problem at all for most people.
    But if, like me, you're one of the 'not-most'... it's rather irritating.
    I'm not moving to another country or changing my ISP just so that DAZ doesn't keep kicking me out !
    There's no other site I use that does anything like this...

laugh

edited August 2020

Yesterday I logged in like this:

Opened and closed the browser many times during the day, no problem.

Turned off the computer and went to bed

This morning I turned the computer on, went to the DAZ site (via a bookmark for a forum thread), and guess what ?

...I got the "Signing you out" crap as usual.

So I can confirm yet again that signing in from the homepage does not work (for me) ! laugh

(Signing in from the homepage is definitely worth a try if you have this problem, but don't get your hopes too high)

DAZsignin.jpg
    1894 x 472 - 151K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Stupid question of the day ... you have set your browser to NOT clean up cookies and stuff when closing it?

(I have set mine to cleaning up, so I am ok with logging in every time I shut my browser and open it again ...)

Kerya said:

Stupid question of the day ... you have set your browser to NOT clean up cookies and stuff when closing it?

(I have set mine to cleaning up, so I am ok with logging in every time I shut my browser and open it again ...)

It's always worth checking the obvious, but that's not the problem here.

At Renderosity, Hivewire, ShareCG and DeviantArt I remain logged in from day to day, week to week, month to month unless (a) I hit the 2 week timeout (ShareCG), (b) intentionally log out, or (c) deliberately clear my cookies and stuff.

DAZ is the only place that randomly signs me out every day or so.

The problem's the same whether I use Edge, Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.

edited August 2020

For the first time in ages I turned the thing on this morning and went to my main DAZ bookmark, which is now the DAZ homepage, to find to my great surprise that I was still logged in !

This is probably just a fluke, but...*

*that's called a cliffhanger

...yes, 'twas but a fluke.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Another couple of forum weirdnesses that occasionally bite me seem to be cropping up more often recently. When I click on the Quote button, either there's a long wait until the comment box populates with the post I'm replying to, or the browser window scrolls up a bit instead of down to the Leave A Comment box.

Anyone else?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,130

Yep, I've had delays with quotes for quite a while now. I also get that upward-scrolling thing sometimes.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

File upload seems to be broken - it says "Uploading..." but nothing happens.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    Taoz said:

File upload seems to be broken - it says "Uploading..." but nothing happens.

Never mind, was the old problem with a "&" in the file name.

• Upload does fail sometimes. I just keep trying until it works; doesn't often take more than two or three attempts.

edited September 2020

I am having the same problem ... trying to upload a picture. It says uploading for a short moment, then it says something like no file chosen (translated from German)

Edited to add: And when I saved the comment without the render I got the message that "You do not have permission to upload files". ?????

Edited again to add: with editing the comment it worked ... aaargh?????

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited September 2020

Sounds like somebody's been tinkering under the hood* again ! smiley

*Sorry, I meant bonnet - why on earth did I use the American term ? That worries me...

Sounds like somebody's been tinkering under the hood* again ! smiley

*Sorry, I meant bonnet - why on earth did I use the American term ? That worries me...

I am German ... I understand both. LOL

edited September 2020

wrong thread

• Another glitch with the recent forum updates, and this one's a beauty. I just got stealth-logged-out in the middle of typing up a reply, and nothing was happening when I clicked the "Post Comment" button. Usually a tiny grey "Page Not Found" button pops up right at the bottom of the browser window, but I wasn't seeing it this time.

After a few minutes I found out why — in the coding for the new forum pages, the new-look dark blue page footer is stacked over these error messages, so they're invisible unless you know you need to scroll down just a bit to let the error peek out from under the footer.

<headdesk>

• After Downloading DAZ Studio 4,12.. It is not opwning why?

edited September 2020

Yes, it's another rant about that "auto-kick-you-out-of-the-site" feature* 

The behaviour of the "auto-kick-you-out-of-the-site" feature* (you know, the one that's only accessible to the chosen few, cunningly concealed as a "KEEP ME LOGGED IN" checkbox - what wit! ) seems to have settled down now.

To a rather more irritating level than before.

When I open my browser (now usually Edge or Chrome) I'm getting into the habit of going to https://www.daz3d.com first, specifically to keep Chohole happy ! angellaugh

It appears that if I turned my computer off since I last viewed the site in a signed-in state, then I'm signed out. Of course, the main page taunts me first by displaying the little head-and-shoulders icon top right in blue before switching it to white.

Since I always turn my computer off overnight this seems to happen on a daily basis.

So I sign in yet again from the main page (specifically to keep Chohole happy again ! angellaugh)

But the worst bit is the hCaptchas - they're getting bloody difficult ! Often the pictures you're supposed to identify as containing traffic lights, bicycles, baboons, baboons on bicycles at the traffic lights, or whatever are taken from such weird angles and with such camera shake that it's almost impossible to tell whether it's a photo or a load of Jackson Pollocks !

Ah ! That's better. I feel much happier now. laughwink

*I believe that it's a feature, not a bug.
    Designed to annoy the chosen few so much that they give up and never log into DAZ again, thereby curtailing the irritation the chosen few cause to the non-chosen many.

Well it hasn't worked cheekydevil

Untitled.png
    1366 x 527 - 662K
    edited October 2020

Yet more hCaptcha bullshit when trying to sign in to DAZ

This now almost daily auto-signout / hCaptcha bullshit is beginning to piss me off again - can you tell ? devilwink

No, I have NOT changed anything in my browser setup since yesterday - which is when I last had to go through this bullshit.

But this one is new to me:

So I had to try the whole enter-your-user-name-and-password-and-then-prove-you're-human-by-doing-this-hCaptcha-crap again. The second time there was no problem. Seems like CloudFlare got their error message wrong. Why doesn't that surprise me* ?

But if I did have an adblocker, then that would be yet another hoop

Why do I feel like Steve Martin at the end of this clip ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unseSFWjuqs

*Good to see that CloudFlare doesn't have any problems. Just 'issues'. Probably with their 'assets'. To me an 'issue' is something that "comes, goes, or flows out from...". So that's rather like verbal diarrhoea then.

CloudFlareBullShit.png
    973 x 1016 - 60K