Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,250
    We cannot delete posts. You can edit them to remove the text or ask an administrator to remove them.
  • barbult said:
    Thank you!
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,632

...you can't  You can delete the text of a duplicate post and replace it with something like "double post" then save the change.

...Fix The Fraggin' Login Logout Loop!

I mean how long has this gone on and how many people have brought this up over the last several months?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    kyoto kid said:

I mean how long has this gone on and how many people have brought this up over the last several months?

The honest answer to that it a small proportion of the forum members have brought it up a multitude of times.

Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:

The honest answer to that it a small proportion of the forum members have brought it up a multitude of times.

I'm not sure whether I ever mentioned it in the forums or not. I have the problem - have had for months - on any device I use, with any browser I use. I HATE it! I think many people who have the problem are not saying a lot about it, because other people have alread brought a lot of attention to it. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot more of us out here also suffering. I have no new information to add to help Daz  figure it out. My symptoms are as described by every other sufferer.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,580

Recently, I've been getting a large number of notifications that lead to a page not found when I click on them. Is the notification system on the fritz, or is it just the censorship hammer being used more often?

- Greg

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,107

Recently, I've been getting a large number of notifications that lead to a page not found when I click on them. Is the notification system on the fritz, or is it just the censorship hammer being used more often?

- Greg

It could be an old problem resurfacing.  There was a while when the notifications had links that were long and they actually were broken when they wrapped to a new line in the email message.  But, having seen a lot of complaints lately, it could be the hammer.

Dana

DanaTA said:

- Greg

It could be an old problem resurfacing.  There was a while when the notifications had links that were long and they actually were broken when they wrapped to a new line in the email message.  But, having seen a lot of complaints lately, it could be the hammer.

Dana

I was just clicking on the links in the list of notifications here on the site, like this one:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/997069#Comment_997069

Not sure what's going on, but the link doesn't appear to be malformed.

- Greg

DanaTA said:

- Greg

Dana

I was just clicking on the links in the list of notifications here on the site, like this one:

- Greg

That usually means that moderators removed a post for TOS violation or other reason. The poster will receive an email telling them why the post was removed.

barbult said:
    DanaTA said:

- Greg

Dana

- Greg

That usually means that moderators removed a post for TOS violation or other reason. The poster will receive an email telling them why the post was removed.

One of the notifications that lead to a page not found was a post made by Design Anvil:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/996470#Comment_996470

Seemed kind of unlikely that they would violate the TOS.

- Greg

edited January 2016

The links work for me. Those posts are still there.  I can get to them,   

Post edited by Chohole on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

I'm getting "Page Not Found" on that link too - also on several images in other threads I've tried to click to get full-size version - this has just started happening this evening, this afternoon I had no problems.

edited January 2016

I also get page not found. I assumed it was a deleted post. Maybe it is, and you see it because you are an administrator, Chohole.

Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:

I also get page not found. I assumed it was a deleted post. Maybe it is, and you see it because you are an administrator, Chohole.

Chohole said:
    barbult said:

Uh....not sure what that means, but it looks sinister! cheeky

Was I right in my guess? Are you all powerful?

Aye

Chohole said:

The links work for me. Those posts are still there.  I can get to them,   

I just tried and cannot.  I get Page Not Found!  Maybe mods can still see them.

Dana

Chohole said:
    barbult said:

Not an appropriate response considering the issues.  Makes me want to go somewhere else.  Certainly is not helpful.

Dana

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,950

There are, currently, three spam posts - but there does not appear to be a way of flagging or reporting them, or at least not for us mere mortals ;)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I know exactly what's happening there, because I get it too. I have a support ticket in about it, just waiting to see if they can actually do something about it.

The problem is that I'm being silently logged out of the forums with no visible sign that it's happened. If this happens while I'm browsing merrily along in a non-PC-only forum, all that happens is the next time I click on a "next page" link I get the "Signing you back in" message briefly floating over my browser window. If I click on a link in an e-bot notification while I'm auto-logged-out, though, there's a good chance I get the not found error, going up to "always happens" if the post is in a PC-only thread.

Adding to the annoyance, the logging out is totally random. I can walk away from my computer, make and eat supper and have an after-supper nap, come back to my computer and carry on in the forums with no problem. Or I can get the "Signing you back in" prompt in the middle of continuous forum activity, within ten minutes of logging in to the DAZ site for my daily fix browsing session. If there's a pattern to this website behaviour, it's one that only Escher and Lovecraft would be able to see.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

The real problem is that I will get no more notifications for a thread if I don't visit it after a notification.

If I get the page not found, I did not visit the thread, even when I did get a notification.

This means I have to copy the name of the thread from the notification mail and put it into google to visit the thread ... or have no more notifications.

Not funny ...

...when the same issue keeps occurring for a number of people of a an extended period of time, that is a bug. Bugs need fixing. Besides the bugs, the current site software has a lousy spell check and useless search engine.

I gave up on notifications a long time ago.  If I want to follow a thread, I click the star and it's in My Bookmarks.  A few times a day I'll refresh the page with My Bookmarks and visit the threads that have new messages.  It works out quite well, and I don't get spammed with notifications in my email.  Now if that stops working...

Dana

...not so much a Forums issue, but could we please get rid of the annoying auto-zoom on the home page?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    kyoto kid said:

...not so much a Forums issue, but could we please get rid of the annoying auto-zoom on the home page?

You mean the way the background pics suddenly begin doing a floaty dance? Ugh, yes, please, it just looks weird. I might change my bookmark to go directly to the store rather than to this.

What the <blankety-blank> <bleep> are they teaching people in web design school these days?

edited January 2016

...I know I find it rather bothersome on other sites as well as on television.

The rapid scrolling of the banner in the store is bad enough (actually makes me dizzy and a bit nauseous).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

What's this 503 Error that keeps popping up... I'm in the middle of a post and it will pop up blocking the post button and part of the text field... Quite annoying and quite frequent lately...

It's a cloud flare error

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is there anyway to post my mp4 (carrara animation) clips, or post to gallery mebbe?
    as long as it's under the 2gb limit?  

... or was that 2mb ?