How do I make this look like the promos?

edited August 2022 in Carrara Discussion

Hi! I'm very new to Carrara and I thought I'd start with premade scenes. I picked up the World Gardens Maze by Howie Farkes, but I can't get the azaleas to look like azaleas, I just get green shrubs. What setting am I missing? Thanks for your help.

Carrara screenshot.jpg
1616 x 912 - 334K
Post edited by jhogenboom_da69c035a9 on

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,189

jhogenboom_da69c035a9 said:

Hi! I'm very new to Carrara and I thought I'd start with premade scenes. I picked up the World Gardens Maze by Howie Farkes, but I can't get the azaleas to look like azaleas, I just get green shrubs. What setting am I missing? Thanks for your help.

My only guess would be to try the "Custom Leaf Objects - Azalea Flower" listed with the product.  The complete scene file may have somehow left these out. 

• Thanks. This shows how very new I am. Daz Install Manager has put the file here:  /Data/World Gardens/Maze/HF_AzaleaFlower.car

How do I get at it? I tried the content tab on the browser, but I don't see anything to open.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Here is the online readme, there is a file list, check if something is missing. It could all be installed in the Carrara folder, I guess depending on how DIM is setup. http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15969/start
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

Carrara very fussy about leaf location and will load the default leaf without a whimper if they are not where it expects them, DIM is particularly bad at putting them where Carrara doesn't look, I end up searching the installed files and finding them and replacing them manually 

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 189
    edited August 2022

All the files of the original Data-folder needs be placed in the /Data/Plants/World Gardens/Maze/ folder located within the application-folder.

After you have done that open the original unchanged scene-file. If you have opened and saved the original scene file eariier Carrara will have replaced all the leave reference, that it can not find, with the default leave. A simple green one.  

FinderScreenSnapz005.png
    1226 x 523 - 161K
    Post edited by RuudL on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,189

jhogenboom_da69c035a9 said:

Thanks. This shows how very new I am. Daz Install Manager has put the file here:  /Data/World Gardens/Maze/HF_AzaleaFlower.car

How do I get at it? I tried the content tab on the browser, but I don't see anything to open.

I don't know, but the other folks here have good advice.  I do not as a rule use DIM, but download the products to my own folder, then use that folder to load products.  I have always been able to find and load *.car files.

• Ooo. Look at that! It's magic! Thanks RuudL and everybody.

HF_Maze_02.jpg
    400 x 520 - 44K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Nicely done!

Welcome to Carrara.