Any free eggplants?

IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
edited December 1969 in The Commons

yeah, eggplant. I can find all kinds of veggies, but no eggplants i can use in DAZ Studio. I got a cheap joke to render.

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

eggplants are dangerous. stay far away.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

Not tempura'd and wokked over their little purple heads. Otherwise, yeah, down right viscous.
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,958
    edited December 1969

I think there is eggplants over at Renderoisty ,I think the vendor name is Pappy something

edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:
    Not tempura'd and wokked over their little purple heads. Otherwise, yeah, down right viscous.

:) Good luck with the render.

edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:

:) Good luck with the render.Thanks - as a precursor, I'm dong a Mashed Boogers with Lung Butter Gravy for a friend who has the flu. I'm a caregiver.

edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:

:) Good luck with the render.Thanks - as a precursor, I'm dong a Mashed Boogers with Lung Butter Gravy for a friend who has the flu. I'm a caregiver.

Oh that's something else all right. *chuckles*

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    I think there is eggplants over at Renderoisty ,I think the vendor name is Pappy something

Product for sale, but I' not spending for a joke image. Thanks for the info though.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/exnem-veggies-vol-2/95604/

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,430
    edited December 1969

Not free; but there are eggplants at Turbo for about $10

edited December 1969

Not free; but there are eggplants at Turbo for about $10
    I can't stand TS. They are... no... I'll be good here.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited June 2015

Ikyoto said:
    yeah, eggplant. I can find all kinds of veggies, but no eggplants i can use in DAZ Studio. I got a cheap joke to render.

The plant or the fruit...

I've got a partially finished fruit, still needs to be textured, that I can 'bump' up the to do list...

Here's one in 3ds format.
    Link remvoed (needs to be cleaned up and converted, but it's not a horrible job to do)

I do know that a while back, it was one of the Xfrog samples...not free any longer ($24)...but it's the whole plant AND fruit.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited June 2015

mjc1016 said:
    Ikyoto said:

I've got a partially finished fruit, still needs to be textured, that I can 'bump' up the to do list...

Link remvoed (needs to be cleaned up and converted, but it's not a horrible job to do)

I do know that a while back, it was one of the Xfrog samples...not free any longer ($24)...but it's the whole plant AND fruit.so bump. Like i said - joke render. No to low effort.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

If you can't find one, as a quick workaround maybe you could you pick some other veggie like a tomato, slap a dformer on the lower half to stretch it out from tomato to eggplant shape, then change the color from red to purple. Should only take a minute or two.

edited June 2015

Ikyoto said:
    mjc1016 said:
    Ikyoto said:

I do know that a while back, it was one of the Xfrog samples...not free any longer ($24)...but it's the whole plant AND fruit.

so bump. Like i said - joke render. No to low effort.

Well, I just looked...it's in a less finished state than I thought...the squash are more finished...can I interest you in a zucchini?

It's not UV mapped, like I thought it was and it's missing the calyx/stem...don't know where they went. So it won't be done tonight. :red:

edited December 1969

If you can't find one, as a quick workaround maybe you could you pick some other veggie like a tomato, slap a dformer on the lower half to stretch it out from tomato to eggplant shape, then change the color from red to purple. Should only take a minute or two.
    seriously good thinking around.

And I didn't fergit to post the Mashed Boggers and Lung Butter Gravy,

mash_0001.jpg
    846 x 479 - 84K
    edited December 1969

My unfinished one is on the top...the converted one on the bottom...

eggplant.png
    800 x 1000 - 109K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited December 1969

There one in the Carrara object catalogue.
    If you have Carrara.

There one in the Carrara object catalogue.
    If you have Carrara.

I didn't know that.. cool. thanks.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

If you're feeling froggy, there used to be an eggplant tutorial for Wings...

• KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208

There's a Japanese site that has a lot of foodstuffs including an eggplant but I'm afraid I can't post the link here as there is nudity.    You can do a google search for cgi.jelly-po and the first link is it.   It has Japanese characters and the site is in Japanese so you need to go on the right, below the calendar and it's the first link.   From there scroll to the bottom and go to the next page and you'll find it.   Sorrry for all these directions but I've had posts deleted before for linking to sites so this is the best way I can direct you.   If you can't find it PM me and I'll send you the link privately.  

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    Kalypso said:

There's a Japanese site that has a lot of foodstuffs including an eggplant but I'm afraid I can't post the link here as there is nudity.    You can do a google search for cgi.jelly-po and the first link is it.   It has Japanese characters and the site is in Japanese so you need to go on the right, below the calendar and it's the first link.   From there scroll to the bottom and go to the next page and you'll find it.   Sorrry for all these directions but I've had posts deleted before for linking to sites so this is the best way I can direct you.   If you can't find it PM me and I'll send you the link privately.  

I buy my eggplants fully clothed for this reason.

thank you for th link and the heads up. I'll check it out when I'm home from work.

Kalypso said:

Or run it through Google translate...it does a good enough job to navigate by.