Face Transfer

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about purchasing Face Transfer from the Daz Store, but I noticed that if your photos aren't "perfect" you don't get the results you want. Not every picture can be with a neutral face and straight on. What if the only photo you have to use has the person smiling, or wearing glasses? Is there a way to fix this? Is there another piece of software that does it better?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,562

IMO all face transfer apps rely on quality rssources to get good results. headshop says it works better with less than perfect images, but I have seen users say otherwsie. To get "perfect" results, a user needs to actually photograph the person and create the best quality images to use with any programs.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,228

You might want to check out Face Transfer Shapes for Genesis 8 | Daz 3D. Face transfer requires a frontal facial Shot. The forehead must be clear of hair. The shape utility will correct the shape into something You like.

• mechw8mechw8 Posts: 32

Thanks Gys, but my question is can you fix a person's facial expressions, like a smile, if that's the only pic you have to work with. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/closeup-portrait-beautiful-smiling-brunette-model-trendy-girl-posing-street_16503609.htm#query=girl smile&position=2&from_view=keyword

• mechw8mechw8 Posts: 32

AgitatedRiot, Ithought that's what everone would say; I can't see spending the money on that product if it only works on virtually perfect pictures. I think for now I'll just try recrating the faces with the morph tools I alredy have. The learning curve may be steeper, but I think it will pay off in the future. Thanks again.

• FSMCDesigns said:

IMO all face transfer apps rely on quality rssources to get good results. headshop says it works better with less than perfect images, but I have seen users say otherwsie. To get "perfect" results, a user needs to actually photograph the person and create the best quality images to use with any programs.

Yeah, and good luck photographing dead people or people not reachable...

• MartyrdogMartyrdog Posts: 16
    edited July 2022

I'll be honest.. I've been having some real fun in creating 3d characters out of photos of people I know.. I even used the android version of Faceapp to change the age or gender of someone and then saved/imported the image.. while it all depends on the quality of the image used, you can get the desired character you're after.. I found it very useful as opposed to attempting to do my own. I've yet to actually try it, but I believe you can save those character morphs that Face Transfer creates(?) but don't quote me on it. I think it's worth getting personaly.. but after all, this is just my opinion lol smiley

Post edited by Martyrdog on