exporting to Bryce?

boni_m_ab7b32f625boni_m_ab7b32f625 Posts: 113
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have a Bryce scene opened. Set up perfect ... wow, it all comes back after ten years away ... and I want to send a figure over to Bryce from DAZ4.8. The tutorials refer to older versions of both DAZ|Studio and Bryce with ... different configurations ... so how do I bring my posed figure from DAZ to Bryce?

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited December 1969

I haven't done it yet with DAZ 4.8, only just installed it, but in 4.7 I go to the scene tab; left mouse click in the pane and expand and select all; go to the file menu and send to bryce. Not everything transfers too well at times though and make sure you select everything in bryce and group it or strange things happen when you try to turn or resize it. Second way is to do the same but instead of sending to bryce export as a .obj file and bring it into bryce that way. With sending to bryce sometimes, if the piece is big, you will get run out of memory issues.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Other:

Bryce Bridge - The bridge is currently broken. While we work on a fix you can export/Import OBJ files between both applications

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56756/

edited December 1969

C**P! I just tried it with 4.8 and bridge doesn't work as has been pointed out. I use it all the time and if I had known/remembered it didn't work I wouldn't have upgraded yet. Not amused >:-(

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@Fishtales, you might still be ok. Try this: Instead of running DAZ Studio first and then sending something to Bryce, run Bryce FIRST, then send something (like a cube) to DAZ Studio so the bridge is started in the opposite direction. NOW send somethign from DAZ Studio back to Bryce.

edited December 1969

Woohoo! That did it. You are a life saver Sean. Not that exporting it as an .obj is hard but the bridge is so much quicker :-)

Thank you.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

Just learned about this from another friend. The broken bridge has been my main reason for not yet installing DS 4.8, as I rely on that bridge a lot. Now I have a way to get around the break, so will now install the new build! Thanks big time, guys!

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Instead of running DAZ Studio first and then sending something to Bryce, run Bryce FIRST, then send something (like a cube) to DAZ Studio so the bridge is started in the opposite direction. NOW send somethign from DAZ Studio back to Bryce.

Thanks for the tip, this somehow works (i'm on daz 4.8, haven't moved to 4.10 yet)