Help with Packaging a freebie, Please?

JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello.. I am trying to make some freebie MATS to share, but I still have no idea what I am doing..lol. Something isn't working right because the files are saving where they should, but for some reason they are not showing up in DS. I mean... the thumbnails aren't showing up and it looks like the folder is empty... but if I open windows, there they are just as plain as day. The folder shows up in Daz...but it looks like nothing is in it. Any idea what I could have done wrong?

Thanks

Jaz

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

What are you saving, and where?

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Richard.

OK... the main product is installed in a Poser Runtime, so I have been saving to :Runtime/Libraries/Poses/MyNewFolder and I am saving them as .dsb (Material preset). They do seem to work... they just only work if I am draging and dropping them from a windows folder, becuase they are not showing up in DS at all

edited August 2012

Am I not doing this right? Anybody?

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DS scripts only show up in the Poser runtime if there's a matching Poser-format file. Just create an empty text file with the same filename and .pz2 extension, and make sure the .png is just filename.png and not filename.dsb.png.

edited December 1969

THANK YOU, MIKE! :) :) :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I was doing some other stuff and hadn't thought to tick notify me of replies.