Aquatic Genesis NOW IN THE STORE! [Commercial]

blondie9999blondie9999 Posts: 771
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Now in the store, and 50% off for one day only!

thumbnail.jpg
240 x 312 - 26K
Post edited by blondie9999 on

Comments

• Risika75Risika75 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

That looks very cool.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Indeed. The skin looks great.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

I found it ;)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Looks good so far Blondie. I hope you plan on giving us some more teasers, especially a little larger and perhaps a closeup or two, so we can see the skin even better. ;-)

• blondie9999blondie9999 Posts: 771
    edited December 1969

This is something I've been thinking of making for a long time now-- an aquatic human with webbed hands and feet and a fin-crest on the head-- either a human genetically altered to live in the water, or maybe a separate branch of humanity that went back to the water eons ago. Prior to the development of Genesis and geo-grafting, such a thing wasn't feasible-- but now it is.

The set includes four geo-graft items: the head crest, ears, hands, and feet. Each is fully rigged and poseable-- even the spines in the crest and ears can be individually posed.

There are two full texture sets: silver-blue and green-brown speckle.

Here's a shot showing a fuller view:

sample_green_1.jpg
    476 x 600 - 205K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

You've answered my question - its for Genesis.
    I really like the look of this. The webbed hands are really cool - can you use thenm on shorter fingers?
    I don't suppose theres a mermaid like tail anywhere, its one thing that Genesis is missing and trying to use the gen4 ones is a nightmare.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Nice!

Does it come with a fit for The Daz Cow?

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897
    edited December 1969

I've had the privilege of playing with this watery creature, and it's a treat! Blondie really did a great job with the texture and the rigging on the geografted parts. It's very fun to play with.

And to help you play with the beastie, I've whipped together a pose set, consisting of 27 poses (including separate poses for each of the geografted body parts) for Genesis swimming, skulking, lurking, and diving. In addition, there are 9 vignette poses - 3 for Aquatic versus Genesis base, 3 for Aquatic versus V5, and 3 for Aquatic versus M5.

Here's a sample of one of the vignette poses:

Deep_Ones_Promo_081412_c_Forum.jpg
    500 x 650 - 201K
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Very cool.

I have to say, I'm glad the ears are a separate graft, since this is almost perfect for an image I want to do, but the merfolk I'm trying to do would be earless. :)

edited December 1969

Here's another vignette, this time with M5.

Deep_Ones_Promo_2_081412_b_forum.jpg
    500 x 650 - 206K
    edited December 1969

I really like the look of this. The webbed hands are really cool - can you use thenm on shorter fingers?
    No. The hands are not morphs of Genesis's hands; they complete geo-grafts-- in other words, I did not just stick webbing between Genesis's fingers. However, you may be able to shorten the fingers using scaling.

I don't suppose theres a mermaid like tail anywhere, its one thing that Genesis is missing and trying to use the gen4 ones is a nightmare.

No, sorry, no mermaid tail. These aren't intended to be mermaids, but aquatic humans.

I have to say, I'm glad the ears are a separate graft, since this is almost perfect for an image I want to do, but the merfolk I'm trying to do would be earless. :)
    This may not work for what you want, since no textures are provided for the portions of Genesis replaced by the geo-grafted parts-- that is, there are no textures for Genesis's own ears, hands, or feet.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Does it come with a dorsal fin?

Kendall

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Oh that looks Fintanstic blondie. ;)

edited December 1969

Hey, Miss B-- you asked for it, you got it---

Here is a close-up of the silver-blue texture. I'll post one of the green speckle texture when it finishes rendering.

sample_silver-blue.jpg
    600 x 600 - 346K
    edited August 2012

WOW!!! That's amazing!!! Can't wait to see the other one too. This looks quite nice. Definitely different from anything anyone else has ever tried, and I have wanted to do some more underwater scenes again for a long time now.

Keep up the great work. :-)

Post edited by Miss B on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Looks really good hun!

edited December 1969

And here's the green-brown speckle texture--

sample_green_speckle.jpg
    600 x 600 - 350K
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Wow, that's the best scaly texture I've seen in Poser. :) What UV map does it use?

edited December 1969

Um, it's not in Poser-- this is a Genesis product, and that was rendered in DS. It just uses the base "Genesis" UVs, which are the "V4" UVs, The geo-graft add-ons, of course, have their own UVs.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

OMG OMG OMG OMG. Waaaaaaaaaaant.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Well, as I said, the texture looks pretty awesome, really and interesting product.

But now that it has been mentioned, we really need to find a way to force smay to create a Genesis mermaid tail asap...

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I would like to see mammalian merfolk

edited December 1969

Well, these ARE intended to be mammals-- humans who either evolved or were genetically altered to live in the water.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Well, these ARE intended to be mammals-- humans who either evolved or were genetically altered to live in the water.

Like dolphins -- makes sense. The green-brown texture's especially beautiful (but green's my favorite color, so I'm biased).

I like the head-crest, but looking over the current promos I'm not seeing a back-crest -- if you've not considered that, would you please? I'd very much like one included.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,549
    edited December 1969

Awesome looking set. I have plans for this one.

edited December 1969

WOW Blondie, that second texture's wonderful!! I think I might like it even better than the first, if that's at all possible. ~hee, hee, hee~

edited December 1969

Here's another render of the third pose vignettes - this time with the Genesis base.

Deep_Ones_Promo_3_081512_forum.jpg
    500 x 650 - 229K
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Um, it's not in Poser-- this is a Genesis product, and that was rendered in DS. It just uses the base "Genesis" UVs, which are the "V4" UVs, The geo-graft add-ons, of course, have their own UVs.

When I say "Poser" I technically mean either Poser or DS; I just happen to use Poser. :P Which, incidentally, is why I was asking about the UV maps--so technically I could use at least the texture in Poser. :)
    edited December 1969

Yeah-- from what I hear, that exporter thing works reasonably well, but I have no idea how well it exports a Genesis figure with geo-grafted parts.