[Contest] RRRR - Unlikely Occupations - with prizes

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited July 2015

Thanks, MelanieL. The link is broken on the image you just posted, here and on the entries only thread. (Aren't the new forums fun?)

Here is my #12:

Cargo Units 2
    Michael 4 Morphs++ 
    Nalfar for M4
    A Curious Passage 
    Alien Collector (LB)
    Crocodile (LB)
    Gianni 6 Jungle Poses (LB)
    Via Serena (LB)
    Scissor Lift (LB)

summer 15 #12.jpg
    781 x 379 - 110K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited July 2015

Ok let's see what's new and exciting, but most importantly, Luci, what will you do with all your time once you' r full on your 12 entries? There is some place all that creative engery has to go!

Luci#8: hehe I imagine my hoaqurtur turret man inbetrween .. stealing a car or something (I guess that's how he got into that job in the first place), love that haughty arrogant look on that nobel alien, the scene could be straight out of a film.

Ostadan: great market scene, why could she be in such a hurry? nice render!

Totte#6:  great action going on there, will they turn to stone when the sun comes up?

Emsim#2:  great scenario, I guess if you'r trying to tell him he's doing it wrong he will spit some acid at your face

Luci#9: ok thank you, now I finally understand why those dungeon are so crazy at times, very cool idea to get all that stuff in one render

Obanion#1: man those pixies can be bureaucrats, just imagine all that time the poor girl will now have to spend on filling forms in triplicate...

Luci#10:  so I guess he was a lucky bastard, all those new arrival first thing need a grog after the shock... I would as well. great story, love it.

Luci#11: I was laughing when I found those chicken running around, well you could imagine some places of too well paid people looking like that.

MelanieL I cant see your render either, and it's not showing in the entries.

Thanks to Emsim, Totte, Luci45, kyoto kid  and MelanieL for the comments, and yes a do have a lot of fun with this, we shoud make a story out of all the renders together in the end!

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited July 2015

now this crazy forum system got me good as well..

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,147
    luci45 said:

Thanks, MelanieL. The link is broken on the image you just posted, here and on the entries only thread. (Aren't the new forums fun?)

Thanks for letting me know - I've re-uploaded in both places - could you possibly take a look and see if the pic has turned up? Thanks...  I could see it perfectly well in both threads whether logged in or out, but it may be that it was saved in my cache and working for that reason. Yes the new forums are a barrel of laughs!

MelanieL said:
    luci45 said:

Thanks for letting me know - I've re-uploaded in both places - could you possibly take a look and see if the pic has turned up? Thanks...  I could see it perfectly well in both threads whether logged in or out, but it may be that it was saved in my cache and working for that reason. Yes the new forums are a barrel of laughs!

It's there now. LOL, nice one! That could happen.

Thanks very much for checking, Luci smiley

• That makes three avatars I know I had saved, that are now gone. Zev0, Flipmode, and luci45.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I see Luci45's avatar just fine.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited July 2015
    barbult said:

I see Luci45's avatar just fine.

Yea, it just came back... Yes I screen-capped this, as it is so appropriate, lol.

(EDIT) The other two Avatars are back now as well.

20150710_3dcheapskate_WellPut_001.png
    415 x 249 - 97K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited July 2015

tag: luci45 #12
    Alien Crocodile Poacher
    Zaarg Pr'nidzl of Planet Tk'glorvf in the Bziek Solar System made a good living from his frequent journeys to nearby (by means of the B'Jningp Wormhole) Planet Earth to poach crocodiles, their tails being a culinary delight on his home planet.  

Used:
    Cargo Units 2
    Michael 4 Morphs++ 
    Nalfar for M4
    A Curious Passage 
    Alien Collector
    Crocodile
    Gianni 6 Jungle Poses
    Via Serena
    Scissor Lift 

Also used:
    Veranil for M4
    Diana and Jones Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s) and Female(s)
    Basic Hair
    Maximum Overkill
    Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray
    Ecomantics - Efficient Ecosystems
    Dead Pool
    Dubious Bank
    Dubious Pub
    iRadiance - HDRI Variety Pack One

crocodile breeder.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 634K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited July 2015
    Totte said:

barbult said:

Shouldn't we be allowed to purge our runtimes of whatever we don't want to use anymore? I'm talking about BEFORE we draw our items. For example, if I don't want to use generation 4 anymore, can't I uninstall it and remove it from my RRRR list, too? Is Luci not allowed to remove products that she doesn't want to use anymore? I need a rule clarification, please.

Purging I think we must allow, as "you just don't have to add them in the first place", but repulling once pulled not in this race, so yes, Luci can purge the list before the pull. After this current pull I think I need to remove Gen 2 & 3 stuff that I never use, lol

For some reason, the forum software "unquoted" the paragraph above from Totte.  It still appears "quoted" in my edit window...

I haven't yet competed due to time constraints, but I do look at these threads, and I do maintain a spreadsheet of my products for pulling.  I keep every library item in my spreadsheet (along with some other criteria, such as purchased/last installed; all nicely available via DIM export function), but only assign a "pull number" for those that I want to be eligible for pulling.  "N/A" items are present, but by the magic of Excel's "conditional formatting" feature, they don't have a pull number, so they'll never get selected.

Maybe I am breaking the rules, but about a year ago I created these conditional formatting criteria to avoid pulling things that are not applicable (for example, all Millennia people and/or named as Gen1/Gen2 stuff where a more current version exists in my library (example:  Michael Millennum Man 1, Victoria 2/3, and Stephanie (Wait; I may have kept Stephanie 3)), and some other things that are just plain obsolete.  I also removed all morphs, shaders (not just those of one type), and I removed all things that don't apply to DAZ Studio (for example, since Carrara and Bryce are pretty much dead-software walking, I exclude on any product with those words in the name).  I also exclude any products, plugins, or tools that require a version of DS that is not current.

My feeling is that I don't have a lot of time to do this stuff (and probably won't until the day I retire from my current job).  If I ever DO join an RRRR competition, I'd be doing it to help me improve my art and especially my creativity.  I feel that forcing myself to use obsolete products would not further me in those goals.  At over 2000 items (when breaking down from bundles), my library is fairly big.  Even with an aggressive culling of aforementioned "N/A" items, that still leaves me something like 1700-1800 products in my library that COULD get pulled.

Sorry to take this thread off-track.  Rule discussions are good, though so maybe this will be a good spin-off conversation someday.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited July 2015

Karibou said:

Pull #2:
    7355 SageBabylon- Expansion (fabiana), RR
    8553 Tellus Mater (Laksmi), DAZ
    9978 YR-Mystic Fantasia V4-A4-Elite-GND4 (renapd, Yanelis3D), RR
    9912 WWII Jeep Plus (DAZ Originals), DAZ

Tag: Karibou #2
    Title: Photo Bomber
    In the cutthroat world of fantasy photography, studios often go to drastic measures to disrupt the competition's photo shoots, taking the art of "photo bombing" to new, literal levels...

(again, the quotes didn't all appear correctly)  Photo Bomber is awesome, as are many other works in this thread.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • Subtropic Pixel, I do believe there was rules about being able to pull stuff that is broken, and how much stuff from Studio 4.6 no longer works in 4.8 (AoA cameras for example, lol). Generation 2 is kind of going back far enough, that I suspect almost all of it doesn't work in the current version of Studio. Especial the older Poser Script stuff doesn't in newer versions of Poser.

I find Generation 4 stuff just as bad to work with, as I'll end up wasting hours blindly clicking Dz Pz files till I find one that will actually load the object, and then spend a few more hours doing it all again, before I find one that actually puts a texture on the object. A few days later, and I finally have a complete outfit of V4, and look at that, the joints are all deferent, lol. My desire to use V4 stuff is not all that, shall we say, enthusiastic, and I've actually Uninstalled most of it at this point.

Now, I'm finding odd Autofollow difficulties with Generation 7 stuff, and am really scratching my head. So it has been a rather eventful month, and three renders I wanted to do, haven't happened at all yet (one of them a pull I got from the last RRRR round). lol.

P.S. Photo Bomber was a good one, along with quite a few others I haven't explicitly called out. I just have not had the time to do lists-posts like others do.

Oh, we now have 'Private threads' instead of the older PM system. That is going to make Totte's job rather 'fun' or at least interesting, lol.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

..this is why I still have DAz 3.1 installed. I have removed everything for Carrara from the list for the time being as I am not quite up to speed with it yet. Bryce is a different story as I have more experience with it and they finally fixed the bugs in the 4.8 -> Bryce bridge).

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,513

I’m back to civilization, can I make the remaning pulls, one week to go…

Thanks luci45, MelanieL &  Linwelly
    emsim #2 - Looks like a dangerous job to me!
    luci45 #9 - Oh, like this one, great idea!
    obanion#01 - Lol, I think we have those here!
    luci45 #10 - Where do you get those ides from, what do you use and whee can I get some? (as Ken used to ask)
    luci45 #11 - Haha, love her expression!
    Linwelly#6 - Haha, wonderful!
    MelanieL#3 - That sounds like an idea for a new home makeover series on TV.
    luci45 #12 -  Congrats to all 12! This one was well worth waiting for!

Totte said:

#4205 Rievel Hair 2 (#18580)
    #4706 Skyship Avrora (#20515)
    #1557 Dystopia Office Pack 2 (#9711)
    #4574 Shanty Town "Bundle" (Rendo)

Tag: Totte#7

Also used: 
    Shanty Town (Antfarm)
    Apocalyptic HDR set
    Gareth HD + Urban Metro Outfit

Air Traffic Controller in Shantistan

jpg
    jpg
    ATCShantistan.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Totte said:

#4205 Rievel Hair 2 (#18580)
    #4706 Skyship Avrora (#20515)
    #1557 Dystopia Office Pack 2 (#9711)
    #4574 Shanty Town "Bundle" (Rendo)

Tag: Totte#7

Also used: 
    Shanty Town (Antfarm)
    Apocalyptic HDR set
    Gareth HD + Urban Metro Outfit

Air Traffic Controller in Shantistan

ATCShantistan.jpg
    1516 x 1099 - 340K
    Post edited by Totte on

..broken attachment.

kyoto kid said:

..broken attachment.

Was fixing it, something broke, a broken error that was not working 

edited July 2015

...just mentioned that this is sill occurring on the Forum Use thread.  Had it happen a couple times to me this morning.

Did  you try deleting the original attachment and then attaching the file again.  It may take more than one attempt.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Pull #8

#2913 Little Urban Disaster (#21766)
    #4174 Refracted - Iray Glass Presets (#21854)
    #5447 Tongue Control for Genesis 2 Male(s) and Female(s) (#20807)
    #2562 Ice Breaker (#21580)

Wow - All 4 items are pretty new ;-)

Random numbers generated Jul 25 2015 at 23:54:43 by www.psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

kyoto kid said:

...just mentioned that this is sill occurring on the Forum Use thread.  Had it happen a couple times to me this morning.

Did  you try deleting the original attachment and then attaching the file again.  It may take more than one attempt.

Uploaded again, then it worked .. 

Tag: Totte#8 

Totte said:

Also used:

Lighting Collection
    Timothy HD + Vintage Aviator
    Wine Me
    Skies of Reality exr file as environment 

Winter sticky tongue risk tester

During the cold winters, someone needs to test the tongue stick risk for the daily information feeds.​

sticky-tester-final.jpg
    1179 x 1280 - 319K

Tag: Totte#8 

Totte said:

Also used:

Lighting Collection
    Timothy HD + Vintage Aviator
    Wine Me
    Skies of Reality exr file as environment 

Winter sticky tongue risk tester

During the cold winters, someone needs to test the tongue stick risk for the daily information feeds.​

...thankfully I hadn't taken a sip of my drink before clicking the email link.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Totte, that's hilarious!

And the forum just screwed up when I edited, and switched tabs, lol.

edited July 2015

Luci - here I come, closing in!

Pull #9

#4372 S.F.C.S Sci-fi Construction Set (#2194)
    #2157 Genesis Male(s) Everyday Shirt and Pants (#19204)
    #2314 Guardians of the Dead for Scorpion God (#16127)
    #2371 Haunted Mansion (#2699)

Random numbers generated Jul 26 2015 at 10:3:48 by www.psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

Post edited by Totte on

thx kyoto kid & barbult!  been off in IRL land far away from RRRR too long!

Been a bit busy so still haven't started on my next, but thought I'd stop by...
    @Luci45 #12 - ooh, those game rangers really mean business! Where did the crocs get poached from, that pool?!! Nice pic and congrats on getting to #12
    @Totte #7 - looks like  hazardous landing zone they've got there, I'll bet he has his hands full!
    #8 - that's great! Really funny idea. (and thanks for the comment on my last - yes, I'm surprised they've not picked up my idea for a TV show yet)