Backgrounds - BackDrops - Enviromnments

LingoManLingoMan Posts: 10
edited May 2015 in Poser Discussion

Hi All....

I'm a poser artist since version 4, i want to discuss the situation of putting characters on backgroud, is it good to import all the background suff as a 3D Objects and start render everything inside poser or its recommended to render the background environments in other application!? in the past i used Bryce to make the backdrops for my poser characters and then import them as Images then adjust the camera setting for my characters then export everyshot as transparent background to complete the task later in photoshop to add FX and color correction.. etc,, but now the world is different so i need a new fresh advice from professionals ,

Thanks in Advance and I will appreciate any Advice.

LingoMan

Post edited by LingoMan on

Comments

• DrNewcensteinDrNewcenstein Posts: 816
    edited December 1969

One of Poser's crippling limitations for me has always been the lack of environments. There have been (and still are) many very nice props like the Multiplane Cyclorama sets, but these are typically single-panel drapes as one would find in a photo studio where you go for Glamour Shots or Family Photos, and not a full environment. Thus, they limit the ability to do several camera angles to show scene progression, unless you expect viewers not to notice that every shot always has the same background elements from the same angle.

There are, however, several very nice full environments, as well, especially those by Stonemason.

Of course, there are also various indoor environments, but I've found scale issues with a few of them (a door is twice as big as it should be, yet if you rescale the room, the ceiling is only a foot above the figure's head).

Depending on the type of environment/background you're going for, and the figure's relation to/interaction with the environment (if any), you may find scene props work better for one, while Photoshopping works better for others.