What's Next [coming soon] [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,326
    edited November 2015
    HeavyRay said:

re: how to resize.... video...
    Thanks for the great customer support on this (and ALL your) product(s.)  Explains why I (and lot others) purchase your entire inventory of fine wares...

Thanks,  I'm always willing to help if possible.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Video game playing poses and gamepad

edited December 2015

Coming Soon 1970's Era Motels 

1stbastion-1970sMotel.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 425K
    edited December 2015

The 70's Motels include two version,  the typical standard roadside variety and the central courtyard with pool and parking. Both configurations are included in the set to give some options.

1970sMotel-1stbastion-small800.jpg
    800 x 450 - 335K
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Looks good! Can we see a close up of the pool area?

edited December 2015

Sure - the Pool Area.  Pool loungers/deckchairs are included. 

1970s-Era-Motel-1stBastion-pool800.jpg
    800 x 432 - 362K

Thanks! looks like a well-maintained hotel

edited December 2015

It's always a consideration deciding on the age of a structure.  I figured this motel was built in the 70's and 5-10 years old,  rather than say a 35 year old structure that hasn't seen any upkeep.   there's at least a few delapidated and destroyed motels floating around already,  so I tried to make something more versatile and usable.  If someone needed it,  it can get grunged up fairly quickly with some aged textures.  There are plenty of material zones giving the option. 

I might do a more deteriorated version at a later date.  I've got this image in my head of a car in the half empty pool. 

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I've got this image in my head of a car in the half empty pool. 

Now that's service. Get your car washed while you sleep!

I think your reasoning is sound though. It's always easier (and usually a whole lot more fun) to mess things up than cleaning something up.

• Nice stuff guys. Especially like the pirate cove.

• Do the skydomes load as an object, or as environment attributes in the iray render settings?

edited January 2016

I had a question in PM regarding the Rural Crossroads set,  whether or not the tunnel can be removed,  and if the side roads can be hidden.  The sideroads have their own material zones so they can be hidden in the surfaces tab by setting Opacity = 0.  The tunnel is connected to the central mountain slope,  so if it gets hidden or removed,  there is a big void there,  but luckily there are a couple additional mountain slopes on either side,  that are individual props,  which can be repositioned and rotated in the y-axis giving the illusion that the main road continues into the distance. 

please note:   used the Secluded Shoreline 3DL lightset for these renders.

tunnelremoved700.jpg
    700 x 1190 - 452K

That's good to know! I like the look of the extended road.

• Oh, wow, that is a nice trick!  I'll have to remember that the next time I use this set!  Thanks, FB!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Picked up the Two Creeks not long ago.  Haven't had time to play with it yet but it looks great.  Looking forward to expanding my library with many more of your items.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082

There's a new full body morphs for Genesis 2 male and female coming soon by 3djoji called the Little Twins. There's more info here. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56948/

I thought they looked fantastic and potentially a very versatile addition to the Genesis2 gene pool, and decided to support the release with a smartprops and poses set that works with the Twins. Little Explorers. Binoculars, unfolded map, compass, magnifying glass are also regular props too, and load separately as well as tabletop clutter. Keep an eye out. Coming soon.

Help me out a little here. What package are these smart props in? I can't seem to find them anywhere. :( Thanks!

edited May 2016
    Ati said:

Help me out a little here. What package are these smart props in? I can't seem to find them anywhere. :( Thanks!

Little Exploreres for the Twins.   The product has been retired. 

Littleexplorerssm.jpg
    1092 x 853 - 305K
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    Ati said:

Ah, that's why I couldn't find it. :( Is it going to be available in some form in the future? 

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Retired? Yikes, that was quick. I'm glad I snapped mine up when I did, it's a very good package. 

- -Walt Sterdan

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Ati said:

Yikes, is right.  I had that in my wishlist to get in the very near future!  I just managed to get the twins not long ago and didn't want to get the props until I was able to swing the twins.  It didn't occur to me that this set would be retired so quickly.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170

+1 to the list of shocked customers (that product evaporated so quickly!)

Ati said:

Is it going to be available in some form in the future? 

Yes, I'll try to figure something out. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Ati said:

Is it going to be available in some form in the future? 

Yes, I'll try to figure something out. 

Yay! Sounds optimistic enough for me! Thanks!