What's Next [coming soon] [Commercial]

Comments

• MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Awesome work FirstBastion :)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321
    edited December 1969

Thanks Muze!

Wilderness: Two Creeks is now available.

http://www.daz3d.com/1stbastion-s-wilderness-two-creeks

17wilderness-two-creeks-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 562 - 252K
    16wilderness-two-creeks-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 267K
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited December 1969

As someone who has hiked in mountains a lot, I really like the look of your new set. Wish I was there right now!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to say that two creeks is absolutely stunning. It's wishlisted for now as I've spent all my money on Genesis 3 but as soon as I can afford it...it will be mine!

edited December 1969

Thank you Pendraia, it's definitly the most detailed set I've done to date, the scene is approaching close to a half million polies. Luckily DAZ Studio has no problem handling it. And RG, hiking is my favorite past time too, always have a camera with me, snapping shots, and looking for cool inspiration. The hard part is convincing the kids to turn off the technology and take in the beautiful nature.

09-wilderness-two-creeks-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 407K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thank you Pendraia, it's definitly the most detailed set I've done to date, the scene is approaching close to a half million polies. Luckily DAZ Studio has no problem handling it. And RG, hiking is my favorite past time too, always have a camera with me, snapping shots, and looking for cool inspiration. The hard part is convincing the kids to turn off the technology and take in the beautiful nature.

Getting kids to turn off the technology is always hard even the grade 1/2's I teach are addicted.

Your set is just gorgeous and I can see it being very useful...

edited July 2015

Just a quick note, I'm going to be retiring The Old Waterhole and The Hidden Waterfalls very soon. They're both five years old. It's been mentioned a few times on the forums that people might like getting the heads up information on these removals/retirements. So now we know. And yes there is a new environment set coming soon to replace them.

They are officially retired now.  Thank you all who supported my efforts in the past.  If those two environment sets hadn't garnered as much interest as they did back then when starting out as a PA,  I'd probably be off doing something completely different right now.  Forks in the road,  and all that...   I am extremely grateful. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited July 2015

I was trying a few book cover mockups and used the Two Creeks environments as the back drops with a few trees added into the mix. 

title-here-book-900.jpg
    848 x 600 - 364K

Up next,  a new exterior environment that can work for a variety of settings,  modern day, recent history, or near sci-fi future. 

07-scifi-colony-northern-extent-daz3d.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 582K
  • Excellent work. I see lots of story potential. 

edited July 2015

Excellent work. I see lots of story potential. 

I liked your original comment,  I thought it was very creative. A writer's mind at work.  I wish I had screen snapped it.

• Excellent work. I see lots of story potential. 

I liked your original comment,  I thought it was very creative. A writer's mind at work.  I wish I had screen snapped it.

Your work, night shift, stonemason, antfarm . . . You guys inspire me to write.  

Storm sewer runoff, come on that's pure genius.  You make it so much easier.

Michelangelo said it best,

"In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and in action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it."

Thats what happens to me when I look at things like your sci-fi colony, I see a story as plain as though it stood before me.

cheers

• Will Sci-fi colony be modular? 

The plan is to make an east, west, north, and south section of the colony and a central core, each its own unique set but with similarities to tie them together visually. Each of these are large environments,  and easily adaptable to both games and animation and graphicart storytelling.  And then there will be a couple more interior sets for a variety of locations and uses, stuff like industrial research types of settings. This is to tie in to the scifi stuff I already have in the store.   I've got the basic blueprint and I expect that it'll evolve as I go along creating it.  Each set will have a full scene preload as well as additional individual props presets.  And as most of my emvironment sets,  many of the the elements can be added to,  or  hidden,  moved or removed from the scene.

Here's another image,  taken with the regular camera minus the fog.  There are five access tunnel doors.  Each opens and closes with a partial tunnel beyond into the complex.

01-sci-fi-colony-northern-extent-daz3d.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 539K
  • I see where your going with this. It's going to be awesome. Can't wait to start integrating this into my story. yes

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Oh I love this. I'm so going to buy this

edited July 2015

Just got released.  More promos on the page. 

http://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-colony-northern-extent

colony-northern-extent-daz3d_1.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 296K
  • tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994

This looks excellent FB! I just love your sci-fi sets. I've already blown my budget for this month but its going on the wishlist and I'll definitely pick it up soon (very excited that its going to be part of a modular set too)!

Keep up the good work wink.

edited July 2015

Here's one from another angle.

scificolony-northern-extent-daz3d.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 543K
    edited October 2015

Coming Soon here at DAZ

Halfway Up the Mountain 

3D Exterior Environment

halfway-up-mountain.jpg
    600 x 780 - 284K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Coming Soon here at DAZ

Halfway Up the Mountain 

3D Exterior Environment

oh now that I like

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Ooh! Want!

<looks over the edge>

Ooh! Vertigo! Don't want!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Ooh! Want!

<looks over the edge>

Ooh! Vertigo! Don't want!

I get dizzy just looking at this.

Cheers,

Alex.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

That looks great; fantasy or contempoary. Lots of posibilities.

edited October 2015

Released today. 

http://www.daz3d.com/halfway-up-the-mountain

I generally find looking down,  more scary than up, hence the reason there's more upward pointing promo images on the page.   

The Simple Fog cameras to get this kind of "fading into the distance" effect are included. 

halfway-up-mountain-firstbastion.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 611K
    edited October 2015

Alright, someone asked how it looks in Iray.   Did a relatively quick render (cpu only on a laptop version of quick)  Used Dimension Theory's HDRI exterior for the infinite dome.  I could have fiddles with it a bit more perhaps,  but it works fine with Iray,  I'll give the settings if anyone wants them. 

HDri-iray-Halfway.jpg
    800 x 1100 - 543K
  • " I'll give the settings if anyone wants them." 

Yes, please! And thank you.

After spending the evening tweaking the iray materials and lights,  I've decide to add this iRay scene version as an update to the product. Hopefully it will be available quickly. 

• erik leemanerik leeman Posts: 262
    edited October 2015

Nice!

It reminds me a bit of Ermitage St-Antoine de Galamus in France (Languedoc Roussillon region).

Here's a piccy: https://www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/764120102

The VR version shows it better (Adobe Flash required)

http://www.erikleeman.com/HTM/english-showpano-large.html?pano=07-06-25-Galamus-1024x768

Post edited by erik leeman on