Mesh Mesh Mess

jims5greenjims5green Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Okay, opening a model: a rug, a chair, or a person; all come up fine, except they are in the wire-frame mesh mood they were created in. I can't seem to locate a door to exit this particular feature.

If I wanted to do a little color tinting, or create a wart, I would-a opened Blender, but you see, I'm lazy. Anybody know where I can find such a door in DAZ.

Actually, I not real familiar with DAZ 4.7 work space yet.

Any help will receive a thank you.

I'll probably be back.

js36

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think Texture shaded is what you are looking for.

Little sphere next to the long button with the camera/view name

Or cmd/ctrl plus a number key - 9 is texture shaded

• jims5greenjims5green Posts: 9
    edited May 2015

I'm back. I'm sure you know exactly where and what you're talking about, but (sorry) I don't. I looked for the long camera view button next to a little sphere.

I'm Mac OS X indentured, therefore cmd/ctrl 9, for Windows or Linux users probably won't work.

Which side of the work space is the long button with the camera view name should I look on? Left or right?

In any case, I promised a thanks you, so thank you for the help.

js36

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I'm back. I'm sure you know exactly where and what you're talking about, but (sorry) I don't. I looked for the long camera view button next to a little sphere.

I'm Mac OS X indentured, therefore cmd/ctrl 9, for Windows or Linux users probably won't work.

Which side of the work space is the long button with the camera view name should I look on? Left or right?

In any case, I promised a thanks you, so thank you for the help.

js36

cmd is for a MAC, Ctrl is for windows.

and It's to the right in 4.7 but moved to the left in 4.8

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

As the picture shows.

Here.jpg
    317 x 326 - 94K
    edited December 1969

SixDs said:
    As the picture shows.

Thanks for that help I don't actually use DS, so can never post screen shots like that. :red:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,634
    edited December 1969

Let's make sure this is purely a display issue. Does the image render correctly? if not, do you get a warning on loading the content about missing assets?

edited December 1969

Yes, I understand cmd is a Mac kb function, what I meant, I wasn't desirous of turning my Mac into a PC.

In any event, I believe the version I'm running is 4.7, so I should look on right. Okay, I am - still can't locate what you described.

Please believe me, I do thank you for the help. As I said, I'm a newbie with DAZ.

js36

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,634
    edited December 1969

On a Mac cmd-9 should trigger Texture shaded view, on Windows it's ctrl-9. But SizDs shows wheer to find the icon - click the sphere to get a list of draw styles (if that is your issue).

edited December 1969

Okay, got it. The screen shot did the trick. The wire mesh completely disguised the globe, Negative, it is not a display issue. It was pilot error.

Did I see a quote about aging? I concur, please notice my sign off, js36. 1936 was the year I was born, so who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks. I'm not trying to age as gracefully as I can, I am!

Thanks all of you for the help.

js36