IRay Render Settings Reset

GarrettDRGarrettDR Posts: 229
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was wondering if there is a way to reset the IRay render settings back to default. Is there a script or a way to do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271
    edited December 1969

There should be a Defaults button next to the button for picking the render engine in both the Editor and Advanced tabs of render Settings.

• GarrettDRGarrettDR Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info! I never noticed that button before. I never messed with my render settings as much as I have with IRay. Thanks Richard!

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,359
    edited May 2017

Now I got stuck on that "Defaults" button as well.

I noticed that for a very long time usually when loading a "New Scene" by default DAZ Studio would use an Iray Environment mode with the default HDR environment

DTHDR-RuinsB-500

The scene then has looked similar like this:

That HDR is still located in

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\shaders\iray\resources

But in the "Default Resources" product I could not find any preset that includes it.

- - -

- I may have goofed around with some product presets that apply render settings.

After that:

- When creating a new scene the Iray live preview viewport was pitch black because the sun sky render settings were set at night.

- I then installed DAZ Studio Pro Beta 4.9.4.110.

Now when clicking on the "default" button in the Iray Render Settings I get by default an environment mode

"dome and scene" but the DTHDR-RuinsB-500 HDR is not anymore applied.

-> The "Default" button now produces a preset with very harsh shadows.

This default setting is very unflattering when testing figure skins.

- - -

Preferences

In the preferences I have not set any file to load at launch or when using "Scene / New".

- - -

Speculation:

Could it be that goofing around with some product render setting presets may have overwritten the default Iray render settings with some other parameters?

- - -

Which environment settings do you get when you use the "Defaults" button?

Does anyone know where I can find that preset render setting that used the DTHDR-RuinsB-500 as "Environment Map"?

Or any other ideas what exactly I now messed up again this time?

- - -

Iray default render settings.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 497K
    Iray manual render settings DTHDR - RuinsB - 500.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 508K
    Preferences - Scene on New settings.jpg
    728 x 436 - 83K
    Preferences Startup.jpg
    726 x 248 - 45K
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • TottallouTottallou Posts: 555

Now I got stuck on this as well.

I noticed that usually when loading a "New Scene" by default DAZ Studio would uses an Iray Environment mode with the default HDR environment

DTHDR-RuinsB-500

- I may have goofed around with some presets that apply render settings included in products.

After that:

- When creating a new scene the Iray live preview viewport was pitch black because the sun sky render settings were set at night.

Now when clicking on the "default" button in the Iray Render Settings i get by default a

"dome and scene" but the DTHDR-RuinsB-500 HDR is still not anymore applied.

- - -

-> Having the same "official" default render settings applied matters to me when testing things so I can be sure to keep some variables constant.

- - -

Does anyone know where I can find that "default" render setting that used the DTHDR-RuinsB-500 as "Environment Map"?

I found out that if I have the Iray Geolocator Product active when I close Daz Studio then any new scene loads without any HDR (including my custom load scene) - Disable this product and only switch it on if you are using it then the scene loads as expected

If you don't have the geo locator then I have no idea :)

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,359
    edited May 2017
    Tottallou said:

Now I got stuck on this as well.

I noticed that usually when loading a "New Scene" by default DAZ Studio would uses an Iray Environment mode with the default HDR environment

DTHDR-RuinsB-500

- I may have goofed around with some presets that apply render settings included in products.

After that:

Now when clicking on the "default" button in the Iray Render Settings i get by default a

"dome and scene" but the DTHDR-RuinsB-500 HDR is still not anymore applied.

- - -

-> Having the same "official" default render settings applied matters to me when testing things so I can be sure to keep some variables constant.

- - -

Does anyone know where I can find that "default" render setting that used the DTHDR-RuinsB-500 as "Environment Map"?

I found out that if I have the Iray Geolocator Product active when I close Daz Studio then any new scene loads without any HDR (including my custom load scene) -

If you don't have the geo locator then I have no idea :)

0.o I would not have thought to check this. Thank you so much for your quick reply!

I indeed have purchased and installed the GeoLocator just recently...

When I toggle the GeoLocator plugin off then indeed when I first startup DAZ Studio the Environment settings load with DTHDR-RuinsB-500 HDR applied again.

-> Problem partially solved

- - -

Remaining issue:

When I click on the "Defaults" button the environment settings still reverts back to a version without DTHDR-RuinsB-500 HDR applied.

This seems also to behave like that on my laptop where  I do not have the GeoLocator installed.

Can anyone else observe this?

Why does the render settings load with DTHDR-RuinsB-500 HDR applied when I start DAZ Studio but when I click the "Defaults" button then another render setting is loaded without it?

Iray GeoLocator - plugin off - environment loads with HDR.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 428K
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited May 2017

If you add the geo locator to a tab you can enable & disable it without going to the plugins & then needing to reboot studio (see image)

The DTHDR-RuinsB-500 HDR does not reapply after hitting the default button for me ,  I don't remember if it was like that in earlier versions  -  I never gave that any thought until now, I just assumed it was only possible to reset sliders

Geoloc.PNG
    523 x 378 - 51K
    Post edited by Tottallou on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited May 2017

Remaining issue:

When I click on the "Defaults" button the environment settings still reverts back to a version without DTHDR-RuinsB-500 HDR applied.

This seems also to behave like that on my laptop where  I do not have the GeoLocator installed.

Can anyone else observe this?

Why does the render settings load with DTHDR-RuinsB-500 HDR applied when I start DAZ Studio but when I click the "Defaults" button then another render setting is loaded without it?

When DS loads it doesn't use the Default Iray setup but its own which includes the DTHDR-RuinsB-500 HDR. I prefer DS own so I've created a preset which I use whenever I want to restore it. Just start DS, then before doing anything else go to File > Save As > Render Settings Preset and save as e.g. "DS Default Iray Settings". Then you can restore it anytime you want without restarting DS.

You can also save your own preset with the default settings you prefer, instead.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • GarrettDRGarrettDR Posts: 229

Thanks for this continued information. I am working on a reinstall / setup of Daz preparing for my new computer in a couple of months. This is something that I will want to setup and place with other preset for render settings.