The Streets Of Old London (commercial preview)

12345679»

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,835
    edited September 2016

Another render from Poser 11.

soL05pic01ps01.jpg
    1176 x 942 - 515K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • By the pics alone I know who the artist is. My wallet is already feeling the pull of Stonemason.

• It looks great, Greg!  I love the painted effect!

Thanks, Knittingmommy - it's getting there slowly but surely.

Ivy said:

that looks good.

I used a fog pane when i used Street of London set at the 4 minute mark in this animation for the fog volume , I used fog panes because it help speed up rendering  the scenes for animation. and gave me the foggy haze look i was looking for,  maybe something like a fog pane would work for you?

Thanks, Ivy, and thanks for the link - I hadn't seen this animation yet! Love the Indiana Jones map/plane transition. 

I've used multiple planes for ground fog with success, but I've been struggling for a general volumetric solution that includes stuff like god rays, etc. for a long time now. I've got the shaders for DS written - it's the translation to both paint styles and more sketchy line art styles that has me stumped.

- Greg

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Ikyoto said:

I used the NVIDEA MDL Examples: Concrete shader from what I recall.

...so is that something available in the store?

It's in the Default Resouces pack that comes with DS (if it's the one I think) - there are a bunch of sample Iray materials, using custom shaders, as well as the Iray Uber Shader.

...is that the folder labelled Nvidia MDL Examples?

Yes, Shader presets>Iray>Nvidia MDL Examples

...thank you.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Anybody else crossing their fingers for the snow expansion (hopefully with Iray updates included)?

Ever since I saw the promotional image with snow in it, I've been wanting to use this set for Dickens-themed Christmas art.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited October 2016

It looks great, Greg!  I love the painted effect!

Thanks, Knittingmommy - it's getting there slowly but surely.

Ivy said:

that looks good.

I used a fog pane when i used Street of London set at the 4 minute mark in this animation for the fog volume , I used fog panes because it help speed up rendering  the scenes for animation. and gave me the foggy haze look i was looking for,  maybe something like a fog pane would work for you?

Thanks, Ivy, and thanks for the link - I hadn't seen this animation yet! Love the Indiana Jones map/plane transition. 

I've used multiple planes for ground fog with success, but I've been struggling for a general volumetric solution that includes stuff like god rays, etc. for a long time now. I've got the shaders for DS written - it's the translation to both paint styles and more sketchy line art styles that has me stumped.

- Greg

You might try using a geometry pane or cone with  transparency maps, it might give you a god rays effect with Iray. I had seen one somewhere for free the other day. I thought it was at sharecg.com  but i be darn if i could find it for you tonight.  . My experience has been that PW toon shaders works pretty good. for sketching effects in daz with 3dl when applied to panes for props.   though i have never tried creating light or fog  volume effects with this shader. I am usually just lzy and post work in my effects..lol

Post edited by Ivy on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited October 2016

Anybody else crossing their fingers for the snow expansion (hopefully with Iray updates included)?

Ever since I saw the promotional image with snow in it, I've been wanting to use this set for Dickens-themed Christmas art.

Let It Snow does a good job of adding snow to Streets of London, it even has Iray presets.

Click on image for full size.

feed-the-birds-snow-007.jpg
    1440 x 960 - 879K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited October 2016

WIP

001.jpg
    973 x 598 - 548K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Ikyoto-Beautiful lighting!

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197

Damn you, sir! Damn you I say!!  :::gets wallet:::

• Anybody else crossing their fingers for the snow expansion (hopefully with Iray updates included)?

Dickens you say?
  • nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

I'm just happy to see this set getting some recent love.   Considering I really like Steampunk, and England in generally,  this huge set is everything I could want.  There are even rooms in some of thiese building;  the set really is amazing.  It was the first major set I bought when I got into Daz and still one I use the most, though Stonemason's excellent Venezia Suite is rapidly moving up the charts.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    edited October 2016

Still trying to get that Gaslight effect (and getting the fog effects to work),  but enjoying all the back alleyways and corridors in this set.

Kate_Robot_closer.jpg
    1000 x 769 - 390K
    Post edited by nelsonsmith on