Where can I find some good leather armor?

madmaxneo1madmaxneo1 Posts: 148
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am looking for some traditional/fantasy leather armor. I like to have options to change parts out and have enough to cover the whole body.
It would be really awesome if there was something similar to that build a sword pack where I could change the textures and parts around.

Does anyone know where I can find something like that?

Preferably free or inexpensive... but I need something.

Bruce

Comments

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

For what figure? What fits one figure won't usually fit another.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I am looking for some traditional/fantasy leather armor. I like to have options to change parts out and have enough to cover the whole body.
    It would be really awesome if there was something similar to that build a sword pack where I could change the textures and parts around.

Bruce

Leather bikinis...yeah, can do...full armor, what are you a wimp or something?

Seriously, though, that's one area that is sorely in need of more/varied products.

So what figure are you wanting it for?

There's some nice stuff done by Xurge3D, mostly for older figures (M4/V4)...available at Xurge3D's site.

Mec4D is working on some stuff...she keeps teasing us with renders in the Iray threads....that will probably be available here and for new figures...

There's very few freebies, but kitbashing could probably turn up something along with some leather shader presets.

• madmaxneo1madmaxneo1 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    For what figure? What fits one figure won't usually fit another.

Many things you can get to fit using auto fit as I have done. There are tutorials for the fit to G2 figures from V4 and G4. I have some basic things so I at least know how to do it. Though it is hard to mix and match armor and accessories as there are a few capes that tend to not mix well with some chest armors (but none of it is leather chest armor).

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Bruce

Leather bikinis...yeah, can do...full armor, what are you a wimp or something?

Seriously, though, that's one area that is sorely in need of more/varied products.

So what figure are you wanting it for?

There's some nice stuff done by Xurge3D, mostly for older figures (M4/V4)...available at Xurge3D's site.

Mec4D is working on some stuff...she keeps teasing us with renders in the Iray threads....that will probably be available here and for new figures...

There's very few freebies, but kitbashing could probably turn up something along with some leather shader presets.

For the G2F and G2M and the V6 and M6 (eventually).

What do you mean kitbashing?
    Anything freebie wise you can point me to will help out a lot.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Your best bet, if you don't want cleavage, midriff and heels on females, is to take a male set and invest in Cross-Figure.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-cross-figure-resource-kit

http://www.daz3d.com/bandit-outfit-for-genesis-2-male-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/jack-of-hearts-for-genesis (Autofit from G1)
    http://www.daz3d.com/wildenlander-hd

If you don't care about that, Shifting Images has done a couple of good-looking female sets. Their textures are unbeatable.

If you're willing to do the conversion dance, Xurge3D from his own site is a good bet, as others have mentioned. Hellfish has done some conversions there but so far the ones for G2 are mainly sci fi bodysuits, not fantasy gear.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What do you mean kitbashing?
    Anything freebie wise you can point me to will help out a lot.

I'll have to sift through links...maybe I can come up with a couple of ideas later.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,384
    edited December 1969

The two leather armors that always appealed to my artistic tastes were generation 3 Wildenlander

www.daz3d.com/dragonworld-wildenlander for victoria 3
    http://www.daz3d.com/wild-hunt-wildenlander-for-michael-3

both autofit well to genesis

dragonworld-wildenlander-large.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 233K
    wild-hunt-wildenlander-for-michael-3-large.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 257K
  • VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

Night Watcher by RP Publishing over at Rendo is really, nice especially if you grab the 2 exps: Fair Corsair and Ranger. They are made for V4 but I used them with G2F. Its in 5 pieces so plenty of pick and choose options.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I would look at Xurge 3d. That site has some of the best.

edited December 1969

Thanks everyone, I will take a look at those sites and see what I can find.