1930's-1940's Hollywood Glamour G8.1M head morphs. No textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited April 2022 in Freebies

Edit: Please download these morphs from here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/562301/aobb-s-hollywood-glamour-and-other-older-head-morphs-with-teeth-fixed#latest

The link above (first post in the thread) contains zip files to my updated characters with some fixed issues - in this case just teeth and inner mouth that were misshapen.

Hi guys,

The wait is over – attached is the zip file with all three G8.1M Hollywood Glamour 1930’s-1940’s style characters bundled together, ready to be used in your non-commercial and commercial projects. An introduction would be in place for each character:

DEBONAIR (sidekick, comic relief, leading man, rival)

Assets used in the rendering:

PRZ White Tie

Hudson Hair (light brown)

Bold Brows II (Brow 02)

Lashes Utilities

RUGGED ( military type, cowboy, bad guy, detective)

Assets used in the rendering:

US WW2 Uniform

Tousled Hair (default color, shorn style)

Bold Brows (Avg 03)

Lashes Utilities

Suave (leading man)

Assets used in rendering:

H&C V-Neck Sweater Styles for G3M

Trevor Flipped Hair Set (default color)

Bold Brows II (Brow 02)

Lashes Utilities

Natural Eyes II

All assets are for the G8.* characters unless stated otherwise.

The lighting and background used in the renders is from:

BOSS Portrait Light Set

I hope you like those new characters. If something is wrong with the files, please let me know and I will do my best to fix the problem. I would be very grateful if you posted your renders including my Hollywood Glamour characters in this thread. I love seeing your work! laugh

I am also including links to the three female head morphs that also belong to the Hollywood Glamour series:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/534086/alluring-for-g8-1f-old-hollywood-style-head-morph-no-textures#latest

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/534846/charming-for-g8-1f-1940-s-hollywood-style-beauty-head-morph-no-textures#latest

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/533486/glamorous-a-1940-s-hollywood-beauty-style-head-morph-for-g8-1f-no-textures#latest

Have great fun creating fun art with those morphs! smiley

Thanks to all that chimed in with comments on the morphs while they were WIPs in this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/550886/1940-s-hollywood-glamour-g8-1m-characters-help-needed-with-upcoming-freebie#latest

Cheers,

AOBB

Edit: I have just replaced the zip file, as I have discovered a bug - the Rugged character morph wouldn't load. Hopefully now it should work. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.

Debonair.png
451 x 650 - 1M
Rugged.png
451 x 650 - 1M
Suave.png
451 x 650 - 1M
zip
zip
Hollywood Glamour for G8.1M.zip
2M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• Thank you :-)

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

You are welcome, Catherine. Enjoy! smiley

• perlkperlk Posts: 846

They came out great! Thank you so much!

I'm happy to hear that, perlk and... you are welcome! smiley

AOBB

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Those came out very well & are very good complements to the Leading Ladies you sculpted earlier. 

Thank you, nonesuch00. It's good to know you like my work. smiley

• Thank you so much AOBB for the lovely morphs, I really look forward to creating a lot of different visual stories with them. 

• Thank you so much AOBB for the lovely morphs, I really look forward to creating a lot of different visual stories with them. 

Please do create some wonderful stories, K8sGraphics, and please share them with me (us) here in this thread! That would be awesome!

• These are fantastic! I am going to create some classic Flash Gordon style pieces and the men and ladies you've created fit the bill perfectly. Amazing work. Many thanks for your efforts and generosity! smiley

Oh, now that is an interesting idea, vicartist. I can already hear the Queen score in the back of my head. yes wink

Yes, it does take some considerable effort to create these morphs but I love doing them and then hearing how inspired you guys are by my work makes it all worth it.

Kudos,

AOBB

• Thank you very much for the morphs, AOBB! smiley I unpacked them tonight, and unsurprisingly ended up throwing myself into a render!

I'm still sticking with BW and PI's/detectives, so here is Rugged in that role following a lead in the city streets at night. Lots of shadows in that shadowy world, but it IS him under the hat! 

One lead left...

LI - AOBB Rugged - Detective BW2.jpg
    1244 x 800 - 281K

This is pretty darn good, SapphireBlue! smiley Yes - I recognize Rugged by his lips and nose. I like that stubble on his face - perfect for him. The background rocks too. Everything works so nicely! laugh Thank you and I'm glad you are having fun! Hey, I'm having fun too, seeing your renders! As Ted and Bill would say: "Excellent!"

• Thank you very much AOBB! smiley You're right, this all qualifies as Excellent Fun and lots of great inspiration! :D The background I used is the 1920 city street set by Polish and this was the first time I got to use the great set.

You've given Rugged a lot of character in his face. I think character morphs like characters in books probably kind of start having their own lives/personalities/qualities. I feel like giving them a role/scene and drawing them out, see who they are or can be within that context. I think I want to do at least one more render with Rugged, before I try out Debonair and Suave. But I need to slow down - I need more sleep. : )

SapphireBlue - please do get some quality sleep. That is definitely more important than making renders. I know something about that. I am an insomniac.

I totally agree with you that each character kind of "tells" you what role you are made for. I just made this romantically charged scene with Charming and Debonair. I had a real sense that there would be "chemistry" between them and I believe I was right! See for yourself:

I titled this scene "Persuasion". I think this pair will conquer Hollywood in no time! wink

Take good care of yourself,

AOBB

Persuation close up.png
    694 x 950 - 3M
    Persuation medium shot.png
    686 x 950 - 1M

AOBB said:

SapphireBlue - please do get some quality sleep. That is definitely more important than making renders. I know something about that. I am an insomniac.

I totally agree with you that each character kind of "tells" you what role you are made for. I just made this romantically charged scene with Charming and Debonair. I had a real sense that there would be "chemistry" between them and I believe I was right! See for yourself:

I titled this scene "Persuasion". I think this pair will conquer Hollywood in no time! wink

AOBB

those are good

Thank you, nonesuch00! smiley

I've put up the "Persuasion" images in the DAZ gallery:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1206677

You can check there what products were used in the renders and I won't mind it at all if you decide to "Like" my work and comment on it! wink yes

• AOBB said:

AOBB

This is very lovely, AOBB! I hope you share more of your renders with your Glamour morphs. It's very enjoyable to see how you envision them. And yes, they're a great match and ready to conquer Hollywood! smiley

Thank you, SapphireBlue! I'm glad you liked the renderings and think Charming and Debonair make a good team! smiley

edited February 2022

Here are Glamorous & Suave. Unfortunately the Gallery messed up when I tried to post this image and I can't post anything else in my gallery until they fix it.

Dick & Tracy, they always tie at Paper, Scissors, Rock; and have never solved a Case.

Here it is here instead, see attachment. 

Copy.png
    1800 x 917 - 2M
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Great fun, nonesuch00! laugh I see a colorful Art Deco Miami-style setting in the background and Suave and Glamorous look like they are having fun together there. Who needs a solved case when they have each other? winkDick and Tracy - that's a good one too... LOL.

Thank you so much, nonesuch00! smiley

AOBB

AOBB said:

Great fun, nonesuch00! laugh I see a colorful Art Deco Miami-style setting in the background and Suave and Glamorous look like they are having fun together there. Who needs a solved case when they have each other? winkDick and Tracy - that's a good one too... LOL.

Thank you so much, nonesuch00! smiley

AOBB

I forgot, there is a real RichardAndTracy in the forums! He has a lot of good poses at Rendo. 

Yes, indeed. I haven't made that connection either. I was just thinking about Dick Tracy. 

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 831
    edited February 2022

Very fun @nonesuch00 ! laugh (Actually the first thought I had was of RichardAndTracy from the forums!)

Now that all the morphs are pairing up AOBB, it was time for me to finally do a couple render. And I'm very glad you both left me Alluring, since she and Rugged were my first choice for these BW PI etc. renders! So of course, it's their turn and the sparks are most definitely there if you ask me! heartlaughheart

A walk along the promenade with Ms Alluring

LI - AOBB Rugged and Alluring1.jpg
    1244 x 800 - 299K
    Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • SapphireBlue, that looks so evocative of classic B&W films. Absolutely, achingly, evocative. And BTW, I (at least - it's more than my life is worth to apply the next bit to Tracy..) have no pretentions to any form of glamour whatsoever. Caused a bit of a disbelieving snort when I read your initial thought above. Regards, Richard.

It's funny, I was looking at your new render SapphireBlue and I could feel that cold fog creeping up from above the ocean and hear in the back of my head the sound of a distant foghorn. You really built a scene that extends beyond what is right there in front of us (certainly in front of me). A sign of great storytelling. This is a feat Ridley Scott achieved in my beloved "Blade Runner" which isn't simply a movie - it is a whole world that has taken on a life of its own.

Your rendering has in it the longing and sad romanticism of "Casablanca" and the stylistic Noir elements of that movie, which is more of a love story actually. 

I hope that in your next renders (should you choose to take on that mission) there will be beginnings of some beautiful friendships (I'm really into quoting movies now, aren't I? LOL.)

Your work is inspired and an inspiration. I wish I had such talent (she said wistfully wink). Beautiful work. Can you put your render up for this month's freebie challenge "Mysteries of love" (sorry if I'm messing up the title)? I bet you would win.

I knew that Alluring and Rugged have a potential for the most complex relationship of all the three pairs and looks like you nailed that.

Congratulations, LJ  and my apologies to richardandtracy for totally not thinking about him before.

Okay, I could go on and on about your render but I guess you get my enthusiasm by now, so I'll just stop...

Yours Truly,

AOBB

SapphireBlue said:

Very fun @nonesuch00 ! laugh (Actually the first thought I had was of RichardAndTracy from the forums!)

Now that all the morphs are pairing up AOBB, it was time for me to finally do a couple render. And I'm very glad you both left me Alluring, since she and Rugged were my first choice for these BW PI etc. renders! So of course, it's their turn and the sparks are most definitely there if you ask me! heartlaughheart

A walk along the promenade with Ms Alluring

wow! Gorgeous

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 831
    edited February 2022

richardandtracy said:

SapphireBlue, that looks so evocative of classic B&W films. Absolutely, achingly, evocative. And BTW, I (at least - it's more than my life is worth to apply the next bit to Tracy..) have no pretentions to any form of glamour whatsoever. Caused a bit of a disbelieving snort when I read your initial thought above. Regards, Richard.

richardandtracy Thank you so much for your lovely compliment! <3

I guess it shows how much time I spend in DAZ-land and how familiar you are on here that I thought of you first when I saw nonesuch00's character names! laugh

Well, I think we can live glamorous and exciting lives by living vicariously through all these 3D characters and renders. I prefer real life to be simple and peaceful whenever possible. smiley

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • nonesuch00 said:

wow! Gorgeous

Thank you so much nonesuch00smiley