1930's-1940's Hollywood Glamour G8.1M head morphs. No textures.

2»

Comments

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 853
    edited February 2022

AOBB said:

It's funny, I was looking at your new render SapphireBlue and I could feel that cold fog creeping up from above the ocean and hear in the back of my head the sound of a distant foghorn. You really built a scene that extends beyond what is right there in front of us (certainly in front of me). A sign of great storytelling. This is a feat Ridley Scott achieved in my beloved "Blade Runner" which isn't simply a movie - it is a whole world that has taken on a life of its own.

Your rendering has in it the longing and sad romanticism of "Casablanca" and the stylistic Noir elements of that movie, which is more of a love story actually. 

I hope that in your next renders (should you choose to take on that mission) there will be beginnings of some beautiful friendships (I'm really into quoting movies now, aren't I? LOL.)

Your work is inspired and an inspiration. I wish I had such talent (she said wistfully wink). Beautiful work. Can you put your render up for this month's freebie challenge "Mysteries of love" (sorry if I'm messing up the title)? I bet you would win.

I knew that Alluring and Rugged have a potential for the most complex relationship of all the three pairs and looks like you nailed that.

Congratulations, LJ  and my apologies to richardandtracy for totally not thinking about him before.

Okay, I could go on and on about your render but I guess you get my enthusiasm by now, so I'll just stop...

Yours Truly,

AOBB

AOBB you're waxing poetic! I have to blush! blush Thank you so much for you beautiful compliments! Alluring and Rugged are lovely and very inspiring. heart It's easy to work with a great cast! smiley

I'm a big fan of Blade Runner too. It's so very beautiful, immersive and evocative, and what a beautiful soundtrack!
    I've never seen Casablanca, only remember that it has Bogart and Bergman in it. Can't help but love the emotive and haunting style of BW and Film Noir aesthetics! I looked the movie up a bit and listened to it's main theme song last night.

"Mysteries of love" is a good match for this render. Unfortunately my render has way more than 5 paid products, which means it's a no go for the freebie challenge sadly...

I've been meaning to do a series of BW film noir renders in a story format and had a couple of characters in mind before. But now that I've been working with Alluring and Rugged, I think I might work on that idea with them and see how it goes. So yes, I might take on that mission! laugh

Time is an issue, so this might take a while, but I'm hoping to make about 6-10 renders. To keep me at it, I'll try and post my renders here as I do them. I have some other ideas for where I want to take this, but I'm going to keep it a mystery for now, until I see how far I get! wink Catch you soon!

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Your plans sound wonderful, SapphireBlue. I will be looking forward to seeing how your work progresses here on the forum. I wonder in what other roles you will "cast" the HG morphs. I'm already very curious what you will come up with! smiley

I am now working again with Debonair and Charming. Sort of a 1930's romantic comedy situation. I think I'll title it "Tipsy with love". I'm thinking of "The Thin Man" movies with Myrna Loy and William Powell. My cast will be younger though (Powell was more than ten years older than Loy). I think it will be fun, however working on the scene so far proved painfully difficult (problems with poses and cloth simulation) but in the end I believe I'll be happy I put all the effort into it. wink

I hope you enjoyed the famous song from Casablanca. I personally love it.

Cheers,

AOBB

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited February 2022

Casablanca & Maltese Falcon were both on my local PBS station this week & I did dutifully try to watch them, after all we've all been told they are alltime classics all of our lives, but as always my attention quickly wandered in a half dozen different directions and I've not a clue what either was about. Don't let my short attention span sway you though the cinematography was great, that I did notice in glipses and I'm sure the story was good as well if you are better at paying attention to movies than I. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Maltese Falcon has a pretty convoluted plot from what I remember, nonesuch00, so no wonder that your attention drifted away. If you want an absolutely riveting film noir with top notch story, acting, cinematography and totally unexpected yet incredible music the your best bet is "The Third Man" with Joseph Cotten and Orson Welles. Welles doesn't show up much in the movie but he really steals it with his famous speech on a ride on a Ferris wheel. A definite must see for any noir afficionado. I'm sure this one would hold your attention to the last minute. smiley

I'm doing a test render of my scene. 40 minutes have passed and only two percent has rendered so far. Yes, I am using my GPU but in this case it switched off basically due to overload. Still, the scene looks fun. I need to put in some elements but I can see that it is turning out nicely. Coming soon to the forum near you! wink

• AOBB Looking forward to the "Tipsy with love" - I'm already trying to imagine it! laugh Scenes like that are fun to bring to life with 3D!

I agree with you - sometimes the effort needed for a scene is pretty crazy, but often it's worth it when we see the end result, or just from all the things we learn from it.

Cloth simulation and I don't speak the same language yet... never mind dforce hair! I just skip those for now, but will need to try them out and learn to work with them properly one of these days...

Yep, it's a steep learning curve for me but thanks to it, the next time round should be easier... hopefully. 

I'm already rendering the the Tipsy... scene. It is a large render and it takes a lot of time to generate but hopefully tomorrow or the day after that I will post it. It's sweet and fun in a classy sort of way. I hope you'll like it, SapphireBlue. Others too! smiley

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761

I feel really dumb right now 'cause I have no idea how to download these morphs. I can't find any links or anything.

Hi lukon100,

Under the very first post in this thread, the one with the renders of the faces of the morphs, there are thumbnails of those renders and to the right of them is a zip file. Just click on it and it will get downloaded. Good luck! yes

AOBB

edited March 2022

Charming and Debonair star in a romantic comedy "Tipsy with Love". Watch their romance unfold fueled by champagne. martinis and a swanky nightlife. And when they are not club-hopping they solve a case or two! wink

Please click on the thumbnails below to see the much larger images! smiley

Enjoy!

AOBB

Edit: I posted those images in the Gallery with a longer description, so if you feel like it you will find the images also here:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1207569

Tipsy with Love fixed.png
    818 x 1100 - 3M
    Tipsy with Love close up fixed.jpg
    818 x 1100 - 1M
    Post edited by AOBB on
  • AOBB These are gorgeous!! So much attention to detail, which makes it great to just spend time looking at everything and enjoying the image. Very detailed posing, lovely expressions and setting up of the scene. Great work with her dress simulation too. Love it all! heart

Now when do we get to see the movie??? laugh

Thank you SapphireBlue for appreciating my work! I tried to do my best, otherwise any mistake would be glaring and ruin the "magic" of the scene. Thank you also for taking the time to pay attention to all those small details that bring this scene to life!  smiley I'm so glad you enjoyed this light-hearted scene. I hope it brightened your day at least a bit...

I'd love to see that movie myself but just doing animation for cloth simulation drives me nuts. sad I wish Frank Capra or Ernst Lubitsch were around to take on that romcom. I'm sure they would make something terrific out of it!

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184

Many thanks, very nice charcters.

@ShadowBox24 - you are very welcome. It's good to hear that you like my work.

Cheers,

AOBB

I came across this article that showcases 50 beautiful shots from 50 different films noir. I thought they might be a good inspiration for you both to watch those movies and also to emulate them in your noir renders. Some shots are indeed superb.

Here is the link to the article:

https://filmschoolrejects.com/film-noir-perfect-shots/

Happy rendering!

AOBB

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 853
    edited March 2022

That's a great list of inspiring and dramatic images AOBB! Soft lighting, stark lighting, silhouettes, glows and shadows, crunchy B&W, and that nice grain. yes

I had worked on a 'finale' type scene with Alluring and Rugged a while back, which comes after a supposedly harrowing gun fight with a mob boss etc. and Alluring and Rugged leave it all behind and step out into the wet night, and I decided to just render it out today. Definitely dramatic and super grainy, so a good fit perhaps with those images in the list. smiley

Never mind the rain...

LI - AOBB Rugged and Alluring Scene 2b.jpg
    1244 x 800 - 426K
    Post edited by SapphireBlue on

What a beautiful render, SapphireBlue. So emotional and romantic. I like how she touches him gently and his vulnerability in response. Great stuff. That plus the background, rain and lighting all add up to a thing of beauty. Perfect finale for your story, I'd say. Congratulations! heart smiley

I'm giving Debonair and Charming a spin again. This time it is ... Sci-fi! It's quite ambitious and complex, so I don't know if I'll manage to do it. I've also introduced a new character that I have sculpted. His name is Hal - a big guy, ex-astronaut. When I'm done with my rendering, I'll post it and upload the morph for you guys to download. If you like Rugged, you'll love Hal (I like to think at least)!

Thanks again for another enchanted moment, SapphireBlue! You made me happy.

AOBB

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

yes, super classy movie style

• Thank you very much nonesuch00! : )

Thank you so much AOBB! I'm glad you found it emotional and romantic. I feel most happy with a render, if I can get it to be emotive. It's like with storytelling - if the characters seem to come alive, then that feels like a job well done. :D

Ok, can't wait to see what Sci-fi themed render you have in mind for Debonair and Charming! That sounds super interesting and mysterious - as in I can't guess one bit what you're going to share - but don't drop too many clues! - I want to be suprised! :D

And looking forward to Hal too! It's weird, but I seem to grow attached to all my favorite 3D characters. They seem to develop a personality over renders. I guess they're like book characters that we grow attached to, so it's probably not so weird... :D

edited March 2022

@SapphireBlue - Here is Hal (whom I just call "Astronaut") all finished and uploaded:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/557076/astronaut-for-g8-1m-head-morph-without-textures#latest

You will also find him with Debonair and Charming in a render that gives Hal a backstory here:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1210247

Debonair and Charming are the pair standing to the left of the image with Charming eating the rose (yep, you've read that right! ).

Thank you again for your lovely renders and finding my characters inspiring! kiss smiley

AOBB

Post edited by AOBB on
  • Oh no, this is what comes from not having notifications. I just go through pages randomly in the week so I hadn't noticed yet that you had Hal and the scene up already! They're looking really great! yes

As for eating roses... I've definitely done so! :D Rose petal jam (crushed and sugared rose petals) are a delicacy in places. Although just eating them straight of the flower, hmmm, might taste a bit strong... : )

Alright, I'm going to go download Hal and see what ideas come to mind...

I personally don't care for products made out of roses. Their aroma is somewhat nauseating to me. My husband used to smell a rose petal extract to simulate his olphactory nerves and I really didn't like its scent (it was 100% natural).

As usual I am very much looking forward to your artwork! smiley