Are there bundle sales?

therry_e35e822bb8therry_e35e822bb8 Posts: 16
edited February 2022 in The Commons

Hi,

like I explained a while ago in new users forum, I was an active Daz customer years and years ago.. now that I am considering returning I have a dilemma: Are the "pro bundles" ever available at any good discount? Or is it so that as-short-as-possible Daz membership is the best deal available? I am in no hurry, but, for example, black friday seems still a bit too distant future laugh

Of course the bundles are not the only way to kick start current generation collection, but at least they are easyish option.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by therry_e35e822bb8 on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013
    edited February 2022

The next annual sale event at Daz is March Madness, which will last for the whole month of March with different offers everyday. It's likely there will be discounts on Daz Originals, likely including pro bundles at some point during that sale.

If you plan to invest in Daz Orignals purchasing a Daz+ membership could be a good idea since it will give you an extra 30% off them in addition to most sale discounts (some deals already give a big discount and don''t combine with other offers), resulting in even better deals.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Thank you Leana!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Daz+ annual membership is very often on sale for a significant discount during March Madness. It would still probably be more than a a single quarterly full pricer membership, though.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756

therry_e35e822bb8 said:

Hi,

like I explained a while ago in new users forum, I was an active Daz customer years and years ago.. now that I am considering returning I have a dilemma: Are the "pro bundles" ever available at any good discount? Or is it so that as-short-as-possible Daz membership is the best deal available? I am in no hurry, but, for example, black friday seems still a bit too distant future laugh

Of course the bundles are not the only way to kick start current generation collection, but at least they are easyish option.

Thanks in advance.

The basic rule of thumb about DAZ is that they will eventually sell every DAZ original product for at least 65% off the base price within a very short time window after the two month "new item" listing has expired, and as of late they've been jumping the gun on even that.  Wait and save.  And while yes, the bundles generally end up in sales less often than the individual components, something to keep in mind is that, between the escalating base prices, the choice of items, and fewer and fewer items actually being included in the bundles themselves, the overall value of the bundles in general has been increasingly less of a major saving than it was in the past.  Especially since many of the items being included are not up to the level of similar items sold elsewhere in the store.  For example, the current "Be Mine Lingerie" bundle actually only contains eight unique products once all of the break out items redundantly displayed on the bundle's product page are removed, and two of those items are literally nothing more than a pair of boxer shorts, while not a single one of the outfits includes shoes.  At the current sale price, $49.88 for PC+ members, that means that that in the very near future, ALL of those items will be on sale at a significantly lower price than they are in the bundle right now.  Seriously, with DAZ that's as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning. 

At this point the question really becomes do you really want all of those items anyway, or are many of them basically filler that will sit in your runtimes or uninstalled?  (Or worse, things like redundant expression packs that, since they're morphs, ultimately end up significantly slowing down the loading of your figures?)  

So, my general advice as someone who has purchased a ridiculously and probably insanely large collection of DAZ products, is that if a bundle doesn't wow you across the board or have a much lower per item price than what you can reasonably expect to get by waiting, then buy any item(s) that you absolutely have to have right now and wait for the rest when the price slashing occurs.  That's especially advisible given that DAZ has long been in the habit of regularly turning older Pro Bundles into freebies when soliciting their newer major bundles.  Granted, that does seem to be happening less often these days now that the torrential flood of late in the series Genesis 8 figure bundles has ended, but it's kind of hard to beat free (though I remain hopeful that DAZ will eventually start paying me just to take there product, given that I'm pretty sure that I've put a couple of their kids through college by now.)    Alternatively. one of the long overdue initiatives that DAZ has begun recently is occasionally offering the ability to pick up a bundle in which you already own some items for the discounted price minus the difference.  Which means that even if you already own all of the items featured in that bundle, you can pick up any "bundle only item" included in the set for free simply by putting it in your cart where it will ring out for $0.00.  That's a big perk when it comes to getting the gens  geografts, or for products like the DAZ Horse 2, where many of the options were, and still remain, only available in the pro bundle.  (And even if there's nothing new, I still automatically put them in my cart when those promotions occur, as it means that DAZ won't keep offering me bundles when I already own all of the included items.)       

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286
    edited February 2022

In my opinion, the smartest way to buy in DAZ is using the DAZ Deals addon, 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

I wish I had known about this tool when I starting burning money on this site. I would have saved a bunch of money. 

Like others mentioned, March Madness is one of the best 3 times in the year to buy stuff at cheap prices. 

The membership is worth it depending on how much you are willing to spend in the year. I think it is good if you are starting to buy stuff, not so much when your library is ridiculously large.

Post edited by N00b4Ever on
  • There are pretty good bundles in the flash sale going on now. I got Coral Mega Bundle and Kota Mech Warrior Bundle. In the last flash sale there were pretty good bundles too but I resisted because I promised myself I would get these bundles before anything else and didn't even know when they'd be on sale again 

• I was able to buy couple of bundles in the flash sale (although due to time zone difficulties I had practically no time for choosing... hopefully there will no regrets).

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 633
    edited February 2022

When you're just starting to accumulate a new generation of figures, the Daz+ membership can provide some useful added discounts. As Barbult mentioned, membership itself can go on sale, sometimes as low as half price. In addition, you may want to keep an eye out for a gift card sale. If you can pick up a gift card (for yourself) for 20% off, your hard earned bucks will stretch further.

Have fun!

Post edited by ColinFrench on