Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Sfariah said:

I have bad news.  One of the residents went to the hospital on January 1rst.  I think she lost her battle to cancer.

crying 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

Lot of people lose power in the snowstorm?

Stay safe and warm.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

TJohn said:

Lot of people lose power in the snowstorm?

Only the ones without a generator cheeky

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Help! im sleepy.  I don't want to go back to bed.

Sfariah said:

It's bed time in Russia already, in a couple of hours here too. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383

Sfariah said:

Me too. Sleeping in for me is getting 4 hours of sleep. I usually go to bed and sleep and hour and a half and then pain wakes me so I'm up for another 3 hours or so until my pain med starts helping some and then go back to bed and sleep another hour and a half and wake up again in pain so then I'm up the rest of the day. Rinse and repeat. Every bloody fricking night

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited February 2022

Non-complaint:  Wheee... My Momma Bear computer has joined BabyBear and PoppaBear in possessing a TPM2.0 device.yes

Complaint:  The Microsoft utility "PC Health Check" reports that MommaBear is now Win11 ready.smiley  However WindowUpdate says it isn't.  Bork! frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited February 2022

2.5 hours later complaint:   Major gremlins trying to verify MommaBear is Win11 ready.sad

To actually verify Win11 readiness I removed the GTX-1660 graphics card and unplugged all other storage devices.  Then I replaced the M.2 NVMe system drive with a spare M.2 NVMe drive blanked & reinitialized to GPT mode.  I tweaked a bunch of simple non-graphic-related BIOS settings dealing with lights & USB power while sleeping, but only one other BIOS change was necessary to get it to start the Win11 installation to the new drive.  Yay!  It installed!yes  Now just reboot it and poke around in Win11, right?  Wrong!surprise  No POST.  ARGHHHHH.....angry  Well, not really, it does POST and the little single "beep" (just barely audible to my ancient ears) did occur, but nothing appears on either of the motherboard graphics ports(DVI & HDMI).  Is it the monitor, HDMI cable or output port?  (*Sigh*)

Non-complaint:  I finally got it to work, and for one brief and shining moment, MommaBear was running Windows11.  Yay! yes Then I removed the Win11 system drive and I've reconnected all other storage devices and put my original Win10 system drive back in and all seems OK.smiley  But now the testing process has left me sitting here in the middle of long drapy cables running to keyboards and mice and monitors in various places around my lab, and the 1660 graphics card has been in and out several times and during one of the times I broke the little release catch that holds the rear end in the socket.  Not really a problem because it's just a midsized 2-fan model so it's not too heavy or saggy, and is securely screwed in at the back panel.  I've had the TPM device in and out several times, the BIOS has been configured, reset, re-configured several times.  grrrrr... but it seems to be working now.  All that's left to do now is put Momma bear back into her normal place then clean up my toys and playroom.

Now that it's resolved, there is output on both motherboard graphic ports, and my 1660 card is back in and produces output.  Happy, happy, joy, joy!  Still haven't figured out why I didn't get any video on my testbench monitor.  Sometime soon, I need to check the HDMI inputs on that bench monitor, although it could still be an HDMI cable problem.  But, "yes" MommaBear is now ready for Win11 whenever I am.

edited February 2022

Cool, need to make a side hussle out of that for other people. My laptop isn't Win 11 ready so can't update to it. I'm hoping once I hook up my desktop it will be ready for it.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

I wish there were a fast-food Chinese chain other than Panda Express around here. I've only eaten there a few times, and every time, I regret it as soon as I take my first bite. It's an insult to both China and the concept of food. 

Gordig said:

I wish there were a fast-food Chinese chain other than Panda Express around here. I've only eaten there a few times, and every time, I regret it as soon as I take my first bite. It's an insult to both China and the concept of food. 

I'd have to agree. It only took once for me. We have a lot of Chinese restaurants around here so wasn't hard to find a better place.

I always go in expecting it not to be good, and it fails to meet even my very low expectations. I have some nostalgia for the fast-food Chinese experience from my time in the military, but PX Chinese food, while not being amazing in its own right, is still way better than Panda Express. 

When will Ms Cynthia come?

Look behind you. 

Oh I was told cardigan don't make good cheesecake.

I'm laying on my bed so nobody is behind me.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...hmm never really liked the texture wool added to my cheesecake, a real bother having to keep picking it out of the teeth Then there's the buttons which add too much crunch to the normally creamy smooth texture.

...in my old neighbourhood there used to be a really good Chinese restaurant, but they closed down during the big recession a decade ago. Nothing in the current neighbourhood I'm in which surprises me given how upscale it is.

There are a few decent ones in the outer east burbs but hard to get to without a car.  

the best ones I found in San Francisco were the ones that were pretty basic and not so "fancy schmancy" inside.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

The first one. angryno

TJohn said:

The first one. angryno

Have you had anyone check your ears for bugs?

You also hear strange things when you are in a place or situation that's completely silent... Kind of scary listening how your blood flows in your veins and your heart sounds like a bass drum.

I hear the sound of a waterfall in my room, but it could be my aquarium filter?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Complaint:

Error 502 Bad Gateway... Browser: Working... Cloudflare: Working... Host: Error...
    Error 502 Bad Gateway... Browser: Working... Cloudflare: Working... Host: Error...

Complaint, I'm wearing a mask that stinks.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited February 2022

PerttiA said:

TJohn said:

The first

Have you had anyone check your ears for bugs?

You also hear strange things when you are in a place or situation that's completely silent... Kind of scary listening how your blood flows in your veins and your heart sounds like a bass drum.

Its far worse to hear your blood flowing outside your veins... trust me on that one... the sound of a handful of blood splatting on concrete is not something you forget.

Post edited by McGyver on

Is it Friday?  Or fried dates?

• Sfariah said:

Is it Friday?  Or fried dates?

I used to fry my dates, but it made having another date with them difficult.devil 

edited February 2022

Complaint:  All that excitment the last few days while I was deep into the mysteries of TPM security devices.  I got such a high from finally solving it and knowing I'm ready for Win11 when the time comes.  But then today, it's all over! surprise  I've put my toys away and tidied up my livingroom/office/laboratory to make it presentable for non-existent visitors, but once that's done I'm back to "normal" and feel empty.  I need to figure out something else that needs to be fixed or upgraded.  Anything to keep me from finally sitting down and writing my "tell all" book.devil  (Not that that would take very long.frown)

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  All that excitment the last few days while I was deep into the mysteries of TPM security devices.  I got such a high from finally solving it and knowing I'm ready for Win11 when the time comes.  But then today, it's all over! surprise  I've put my toys away and tidied up my livingroom/office/laboratory to make it presentable for non-existent visitors, but once that's done I'm back to "normal" and feel empty.  I need to figure out something else that needs to be fixed or upgraded.  Anything to keep me from finally sitting down and writing my "tell all" book.devil  (Not that that would take very long.frown)

Baby Bear needs a sibling laugh 

edited February 2022

PerttiA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Baby Bear needs a sibling laugh 

Babies are 'spensive!sad 

It's been 18 months or more since I started replacing my family of ancient off-the-shelf computers with modern high quality custom builds.  MommaBear came first but it was my first try at at building so I made a few oops's but she eventually came to life.  She does household stuff and Photoshop stuff.yes  Then came PappaBear, bigger, faster, and designed for DAZ & video work instead of just household stuff and simple image processing.  A strong machine!heart  Then came BabyBear.  He was an accidentsurprise but once born he quickly grew and is now the equal of MommaBear.  Sniff, he's all growed up.sad  But he has his own plans now.  He's going to my nephew soon.  BabyBear has the new AMD Ryzen 5600G CPU but no graphics card, but does have a big power supply, lots of fast RAM, fast and super fast storage and oodles of I/O ports as well as lights and a window.  Nice machine now.smiley  Hmmm..., perhaps I shouldn't give him away.... hmmm...indecision

Yeah, I'd like to make another computer but I've had my fun for now and I can't afford another one yet.sad  Also, all members of the Bear family are now last generation tech.  New tech is available but right now is uber expensive unobtainium.  So, in a year or two when/if the prices come down, I might take another stab at building in 6xx level motherboards with Intel 12xxx CPUs and DDR5 RAM!  Ooh, ooh, <monkey grunts>blush

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited February 2022

I spent forever trying to get a hood to go down. It kept exploding on the timeline or simulating in all these weird ways and the hood always clinged to the head. So I used a wind node but it would blow it away too much and the ears would pull and crumble and everything. So I adjusted dforce settings and found under the jacket a list of bones! So I tweaked the jacket's lower neck, upper neck, and head bones to place it better 

Post edited by BandoriFan on
    edited February 2022

....ah dForce, I got it now.

Now on the other hand, if that related to the bonnet of a car when closed it could be downright dangerous.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.