Daz Website Improvements and Updates Discussion Thread

Razzle-Dazzle3DRazzle-Dazzle3D Posts: 32
edited January 2022 in The Commons

Hey Everyone -- we're very excited to announce the next phase of the Daz website update! This phase is focused around our product and bundle pages, and improving the overall user experience. The test went live today and some of you may have the new view already, so I wanted to create this thread not only as a reminder to all of what to expect from this update; but also as place for anyone who may have any questions, comments, or concerns about these changes to access resources and information, and to be able to discuss with the community.

Our main goals with this update are:

• Improve the customer experience on product pages
  • Added clarity for products and an emphasis on product images
  • Improved Category visibility
  • Structured organization for product information across Product Pages
  • New product feeds on the page including the "More by this Artist" feed
  •  

You'll notice that significant UI updates have been made to the Product Pages and with the Checkout process. Again, these changes were implemented with a focus on streamlining the checkout process with easier navigation, and an overall new look to cap it all off with a bow. Let us know your thoughts, and be sure to show off what 3D renders you've been creating since the Site Update!

Post edited by Razzle-Dazzle3D on

Comments

• Binaries TorturerBinaries Torturer Posts: 69
    edited January 2022

The links to Product Categories are a nice change. I look forward when you add the ability to select by categories within sale pages, along with the existing selectors for Artist/Genre/Figure/Software.

My main complaint is that you haven't coordinated with the developers of the Daz Deals browser add-on. Your changes broke their thing, making it harder for me to shop. 

Post edited by Binaries Torturer on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884

One quick bit of feedback, the indication of whether a product is 'New' appears to have disappeared from both the product page and my wishlist page. This is most inconvenient when deciding what coupons etc. will work on and whether something will be eleigible to be in a sale.

• On iPad Safari landscape mode.  Bottom of page hit next page.  Icons blackout, no white arrow to go to top scroll page up a bit and icons refresh and all show up.  This does not occur in portrait mode on same iPad, but the white arrow is still gone.

being stuck at the bottom of 23 pages makes me wanna go watch Netflix.  It's too much trouble to scroll all the way to the top only to have to scroll all the way to the bottom to hit next page and repeat the process.  I go about 3 pages before giving up

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Please fix your categorization process. The People category contains lots of hairs, outfits, and utilities. This went awry around the time you introduced the category icons.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814

MachineClaw you have the right Username, those things always drop the prize as it's about to reach you cheeky

Aspect ratio?

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

The old design was much more clear.

In the new design, everything is to big and informations are gone (new flag) or I've to click to see them (open categories like "notes").

And the white background in the old design made the text easier to read.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Who invented the new "Wishlisted" icon, please? Is Daz actively trying to make us not notice which products we have wishlisted?

If so, congratulations, objective achieved.sad

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

The more the store layout and behavior changes, the less I buy. Other stores are more reliable. I do hate this white wishlist icon with a passion.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

The new product page is just making me run away screaming. The images are too large, the information needs scrolling, and rather than having everything compact together I'm finding myself hitting the "back" button rather than the "add to cart" button. The design absolutely doesn't work for me, sorry.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,465

BeeMKay said:

The new product page is just making me run away screaming. The images are too large, the information needs scrolling, and rather than having everything compact together I'm finding myself hitting the "back" button rather than the "add to cart" button. The design absolutely doesn't work for me, sorry.

Images too large... Where?

I still get the 5 columns of small thumbnails filled with large amount of white on both sides of the columns (image reduced to 50%)

DAZ Shop.PNG
    2879 x 543 - 858K
    edited January 2022

OK. If I click on the oversized, pixellated, stretched main image on a product page, I get the expected properly proportioned image, which I can step through to see them all. It wasn't intuitive, but at least it's workable. Daz's handling of website changes reminds me of other entities' handling of important matters.

Post edited by xyer0 on

PerttiA said:

BeeMKay said:

I still get the 5 columns of small thumbnails filled with large amount of white on both sides of the columns (image reduced to 50%)

Try clicking on an individual item. The item pages have changed. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,465

Haruchai said:

PerttiA said:

BeeMKay said:

Don't see anything radically different in there either 

edited January 2022

PerttiA said:

Haruchai said:

PerttiA said:

BeeMKay said:

It looks like it is rolling out at different times for different people. I got it early it seems. Does your product page look like this? If not it soon will. 

2022-01-13 (1).png
    1920 x 1171 - 1M
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • JamieMJamieM Posts: 353
    edited January 2022

Rather than "at a glance" info, the new dark pages require a lot of scrolling, expanding, mouse-moving. Active disincentives to explore or hang around. 

I find myself giving up quickly rather than looking in detail - at products I might have bought before. 

Post edited by JamieM on
  • Haruchai said:

PerttiA said:

Haruchai said:

PerttiA said:

BeeMKay said:

It looks like it is rolling out at different times for different people. I got it early it seems. Does your product page look like this? If not it soon will. 

Right, from the opening post:

The test went live today and some of you may have the new view already

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681
    edited January 2022

Thanks DAZ for striving to improve the shopping experience! This is a good start. I'm sure they will take the feedback about the deadspace on the page, but overall I think it has potential. The pages are loading faster for me. 

It was a shock, but I am sure that I will get used to it and love it. I already love how structured the page is.

Tags

Question: Could we crowdsource the tagging? There seems to be a lot of erroneous tags that mess up the filtering? For the social media site that my family works on, they employ interns to tag articles and posts. There are people in the daz community that could contribute to better tags.

1Daz browsing.png
    1623 x 977 - 933K
    2022-01-13_6-11-45.png
    1362 x 798 - 750K
    Post edited by Granville on
  • Since they felt the need to close my other thread, can we please not move forward with this new product listing design. It's atrocious, too big, way too busy and is full of so many bad design choices I could write a thesis off of it.

new product listing.png
    1913 x 972 - 697K
    new product listing 2.png
    1887 x 966 - 233K
    new product listing 3.png
    1908 x 960 - 84K
  • White Wishlist Icon:

I do like that the new White Wishlist Icon is larger than the old wishlist icon.  However, it does not show up on products that have a white background in their thumbnail image.

Also, you cannot see the White Heart Icon at the top of the Product Library page (https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files) because it blends into the white page background (see attached screenshot).

A simple FIX to both problems, is to for the Daz Web Team to add a thin Black Border around the white heart icon.

White-Heart-Icon.PNG
    1531 x 344 - 38K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited January 2022

MeneerWolfman said:

Since they felt the need to close my other thread, can we please not move forward with this new product listing design. It's atrocious, too big, way too busy and is full of so many bad design choices I could write a thesis off of it.

This was the thread I pointed to, rather than the more general Website Improvements and Updates Incoming.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380

MeneerWolfman said:

Since they felt the need to close my other thread, can we please not move forward with this new product listing design. It's atrocious, too big, way too busy and is full of so many bad design choices I could write a thesis off of it.

We do it so all of the information is in one place and not scattered thought the entire forum. Daz is going to look for feedback in the places they asked for it. They can't hardly search the entire forum just in case someone mentions something that should be in their thread.

• crikettcrikett Posts: 77

Close to unusable from the browsers I've tried, as I am getting stretched images in the store that make it near impossible to see a product, or in some cases, even figure out what it is supposed to be.  While I imagine this will eventually be usable and work fine, it seems like everytime DAZ rolls out changes to the store, it is a massive step backwards for a good while and I really wish they could figure out some QA for such changes.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 9.24.58 AM.png
    1427 x 794 - 1M
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 9.25.07 AM.png
    1427 x 794 - 980K
    edited January 2022

crikett said:

Close to unusable from the browsers I've tried, as I am getting stretched images in the store that make it near impossible to see a product, or in some cases, even figure out what it is supposed to be.  While I imagine this will eventually be usable and work fine, it seems like everytime DAZ rolls out changes to the store, it is a massive step backwards for a good while and I really wish they could figure out some QA for such changes.

Which browsers and what devices are you trying it on? Just so we can also confirm we are getting the same. Which product, or is it all?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • crikettcrikett Posts: 77

frank0314 said:

crikett said:

Which browsers and what devices are you trying it on? Just so we can also confirm we are getting the same. Which product, or is it all?This

This is using either Safari or Chrome on a Mac Pro; I've not tried with any other devices, although stragenly enough as I went through and re-checked, on Chrome I am now getting the old version of the webstore pages with the new products.  Those pages have the correct aspect ratios with the images, I am still seeing the new pages and the problem images in Safari.  This is an issue with every product I have checked, though the degree to which it is a problem is obviously related to the aspect ratios involved in the original image, as some wind up being closer to what is displayed. 

I'm on a PC so can't check cause mine hasn't switched over yet so I'll have Cris check them when she comes on cause she's on a Mac and we'll see if she gets the same. Thanks for the info!

• The old UI was way more intuitive and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The new one is ugly, too long to scroll through and not at all something I will bother to look at. I may need to just disable the page style so I can look at what I want, but either way, this makes me want to shop elsewhere. I absolutely hate the new direction this site has gone, but I suppose what I like doesn't matter in such a big ocean. Oh well.

• cher21cher21 Posts: 54

Today's bundle (senator-greaves-81-intergalactic-soldier-bundle) shows this under product description - black font on dark gray background. White would be much better (orange best LOL - that one really stands out for me). If you could avoid the black-on-gray, please.

Also, the Wishlist Heart - can it be Yellow again for the products? Whatever Heart colour you want for my account pages, but have it on all the different pages or it just goes "invisible" - currently blue on main account page but invisible on My Orders page.  And, maybe bring back the Red Heart that used to show up on the Order Summary/Cart screen . . . just because I like to remove items from my wishlist before committing to spend my money . . . a few years back, wishlisted items didn't disappear from the Wishlist, they might now but I'd rather be sure.

Thanks.

black on gray.png
    1547 x 422 - 29K
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

BeeMKay said:

thanks for your comment - you said with words what my silent scream "wtf" tried to express. i agree with all of this. and then some.

hmm... what was the word to express how you feel when you just made a massive mistake or brought out a pitiful failure... starts with E.. excited? nope, not the one.. ah i remember: embarrassed. 

This discussion has been closed.