Questions About A Product

During all the giveaways in December, I was able to finally get one of my wishlist items.  https://www.daz3d.com/puppet-merchant-resource-base-mesh

Now I know I can create my own models using this base, what I would like to know is

#1 Once I finish my creation, in the list of credits does Daz have to belisted since they provided the base and is there a particular way they need to be credited

#2 If I increase the poly count to help wth some finer detailing, does the original shape it has, and map, make it easier to remap once the changes are done.

#3 I probably know the answer to this...Do I have to do a from scratch map of the head, so I can add eyes, nose and mouth.

#4 Is there a thread about this product where I can find more information.

Would really like to know if anyone has used this product to create something and what the end result was.

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited January 2022

What you make with this is 'yours' in that no, you don't have to credit anybody else. Mind you it is nice at times to indicate if/when merchant resources are used, depending upon where one is selling it [if selling it] it may be mandatory. Company Name should be fine AFAIK.

Yes I have this product and it is wonderful for making clothes with :-) That may not have been what it was originally intended for but it works better than some merchant resource clothings do.

Of course if/when you do any amount of modeling with it, it will require a new uvmap. I've been toying with UVLayout ... there is a free edition which is a demo that does allow one to save, and has to be redownloaded every couple of months or so. It is limited in what it can do ... unless of course one buys a license for it. Or of course in whichever modeler you're using, a uvmap can be made.

Face detailing can be done with additional sculpting, or if it's for a flat faced doll, designing {in the uvmaps} in the surface areas for the material zones. {areas would have to be 'drawn in' on the model with tessellation lines also if wanting all these areas to be clearly defined}. Or one can leave the face flat as it is and simply paint whatever type of features they want in the texture.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

Thanks Catherine, I will be crediting Daz, just didn't know if they had a preferred way and I would link this product so others can also use it for making things, particularly those just starting out and want to start with a base.

As to the model, I would need to increase the poly count and perhaps increase more on certain parts like the face. I want to add eyes, mouth and nose and need openings for that.

I do like your idea of using it to make clothes, didn't think of that and will try it out.

Here's hoping I can create something many will want.