without the saddle :ok
the hair : ok
was on high resolution
shading rate 1
subdiv 3

and please do not call it "my Camel"
because when looking for a camel you look under "c" not m

everything else very well done with morphs and poses
perhaps it is possible making the saddle more render friendly ?

update:
the saddle + expansion alone: ok

the problem occurs when rendering all 3: camel, saddle + expansion
even with subdiv 1

Post edited by Ruphuss on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,711
    edited December 1969

What is the problem - crash, error, simply no render? Which render engine are you using, and what are your settings?

• KristinFKristinF Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Will this work in Poser? Under compatible software it says DS but further down the page it says it comes with DSON.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited March 2015

What is the problem - crash, error, simply no render? Which render engine are you using, and what are your settings?

render stops studio to work

win 7 64
    8 gig ram

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,321
    edited March 2015

ruphuss said:

win 7 64
    8 gig ram

Could be an issue with lack of memory. Whilst 8GB sounds a lot, if you start using HD morphs it quickly becomes inadequate. Use Task Manager to see how big Daz Studio has grown to in Memory when all three models are loaded.

As a test, can you try changing the camels sub div to base, and then see if it renders. Whilst that is not a solution, it would tell you if the problem is memory related.

btw: I assume you are using the 64 bit version of studio?

Post edited by Havos on
  • LuthbelLuthbel Posts: 110
    edited December 1969

ruphuss said:

win 7 64
    8 gig ram

Hi Ruphuss:

We did the promos of this set with a computer with a similar configuration to yours (with i7 processor, 8 GB RAM and windows 7 64bit).
    Try to restart your computer and render again. If the problem persist, reduce the camel subD to 2, it will reduce the figure geometry to 1/4 of the polycount, much more comfortable to render, and due to the normal mapping, it will still render really fine.

Kind regards,
    Dan

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,711
    edited December 1969

The SubD setting shouldn't affect renders in 3Delight. Though it may make the non-rendering part of DS use more memory, leaving less for the render.

• ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Wonderfull item !!

Sorry for my question: i'm new to HD :
    should i put my genesis (1) NO HD, sitting on this Camel HD ?
    Is it compatible in Daz Studio 4.5 ?

Many thanks !

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited March 2015

Luthbel said:
    ruphuss said:

win 7 64
    8 gig ram

Hi Ruphuss:

We did the promos of this set with a computer with a similar configuration to yours (with i7 processor, 8 GB RAM and windows 7 64bit).
    Try to restart your computer and render again. If the problem persist, reduce the camel subD to 2, it will reduce the figure geometry to 1/4 of the polycount, much more comfortable to render, and due to the normal mapping, it will still render really fine.

Kind regards,
    Dan

thanks subdiv 1 is the limit for me
    got it to work
    3 delight with one distant light
    second pic is just basic open gl
    looks better I think

camel_ß4ogl.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    camel_ß3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited December 1969
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Another masterpiece Wendy!! Also love to read the YouTube comments from your following over there:)

• KristinF said:

Will this work in Poser? Under compatible software it says DS but further down the page it says it comes with DSON.

Seconding this question. I just bought it and would love to use it in poser.

• KristinF said:

Seconding this question. I just bought it and would love to use it in poser.

1 DSON Core installer - that is the DAZ Studio files. It doesn't have Poser Companion Files for use with the DSON Importer for Poser, a plug-in that allows DAZ Studio DSON files to be imported into Poser.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

You can make your own companion files, here's a video:

You will need to fix the materials once in Poser, they only come through with the diffuse texture plugged in usually.