Help finding a product with urban apartment with openable window

Hey all, hoping someone can point me to a product I need for project. I need an urban living space with a window that opens so someone floating/flying outside can talk to/interact with someone inside. Products like Urban Sprawl 3 or New York Tenements have the right kind of buildings but as far as I can tell none have windows that actually open. I really only need a closeup, so even if it was just a single window with the wall around it. Anyone have an suggestions?

Comments

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

You could build it with primitives and shaders.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,657

Are you considering that the image shall be done from the inside or the outside?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

You could use something like Collective3D's build a room sets. Those have functional windows. 

An old Stonemason set (pre Iray) called City Courtyard has functional windows and interiors. It's not currently on any kind of sale, but you can wishlist in hopes of a sale eventually. There are probably more recent offerings from other artists as well.

If you get fired by wanting to do it yourself, it's fiddly, but with architectural models it's sometimes not difficult to go into things with the geometry editor and separate out the window from the window frame. Save it as a seperate file with a different name. Then go into another copy of the room model and go in with the geometry editor and delete the window.  Merge the seperate window file into the scene, get it into place if it doesn't come in in the proper place and Move it in whatever axis is needed to open and close it. You might lose the textures, though.

• You can add your own open windows to any of those you mentioned by exporting them into a CAD program. But then you could just build your own in a CAD program.

• felis said:

Are you considering that the image shall be done from the inside or the outside?

From outside the building. I have a few rooms with windows that open but none of them have actual outsides. 

• JOdel said:

You could use something like Collective3D's build a room sets. Those have functional windows. 

An old Stonemason set (pre Iray) called City Courtyard has functional windows and interiors. It's not currently on any kind of sale, but you can wishlist in hopes of a sale eventually. There are probably more recent offerings from other artists as well.

If you get fired by wanting to do it yourself, it's fiddly, but with architectural models it's sometimes not difficult to go into things with the geometry editor and separate out the window from the window frame. Save it as a seperate file with a different name. Then go into another copy of the room model and go in with the geometry editor and delete the window.  Merge the seperate window file into the scene, get it into place if it doesn't come in in the proper place and Move it in whatever axis is needed to open and close it. You might lose the textures, though.

City Courtyard actually seems perfect! Thanks for pointing me to that.

Thanks to everyone else for the suggestions even if they were a bit beyond my technical abilities.