Replacing Figures?

3Don3Don Posts: 690
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

After a recent reinstall of DS the replace figure option no longer seems to work. Perviously if I had a figure selected in a work scene and loaded a new figure there was a pop-up box asking if I wanted to replace the figure. This option does not now come up.

I want to pose and place some unadorned G2 figures in a scene and then replace them with adorned figures.

I tried various combinations of the options in the DS Preferences and nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?
Thanx.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

F2 > Content Library > Replacement Management

• 3Don3Don Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

Yes, I know where in the DS preferences the content library & Replacement Manager are and what they are supposed to do.
    I have read the online docs about it (which appear to be from a very early DSv).

I have tried different variations of the 2 fields and nothing seems to work as far as completely replacing a figure. I do not get the dialogue box even when it is set to come up.

I want the dialogue box with the options to come up and I want to replace an unadorned G2 figure with another, with the same pose.
    So far ll i get is a new figure loading along with the present figure.
    With one combination of replacement options (which I have now forgotten) the new figure I was trying to override the old one I got a "conform to" dialogue.

BTW, I am on a Mac and some commands may be different than PCs.

• 3Don3Don Posts: 690

I have not yet resolved this issue. The Replace Figure function (DS 4.8, Gen 1 & 2) is not working for me.

My post above explains it all. Might it be a DS 4.8 thing? It worked for me in 4.6.

I wonder about versions because Shift + Y to get the Symmetry pane worx for me in 4.6 but not in 4.8.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

You may need  mac user help I feel. I suggest add "help mac user "etc on tittle)

About windows user , (at least as my pc) ,

To  change  character preset option for duf ,dsf    I need tweak only one field .

in preference,   "native formal loading" - When loading a DUF character.

I now try and check each option for g2f, it seems work about windows7 my PC  ds 4.8

then "symmetly" action is  in parameter tab sub menu as default,

you can check the "short cut" from parameter tab, symmetly, how it change? or it show Shift + Y still?

. (if you have changed the short cut,,)  you need to change window >workspace >custtomized.( F3)

• Old thread, I know, but this seems not to have been resolved. I have the replacement options to always ask, and it never does, nothing gets replaced, a new figure is loaded instead. I'm using DS 4.12 on PC.

• had that option tonight..  you have to have a figure selected for it to trigger the option and of course not have told it to remember your pref and not show the dialogue again
    I got the option when I had a named character g8 like Lilly selected and then selected another character to merge in scene then it asked me if I wanted to change the current figure or load a new figure
    hope that helps

• Remember that the replace option applies only if they are the same base figure, too.