Jaderail is looking down on the STUPID THREAD X

Comments

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

Introducing friends to Daz is kind of like introducing them to an incurable disease. Sounds like a great way to make friends you didn't really like never speak to you again, unless of course they love it. Then you'll have to teach them everything you know about it ... while they're standing on one foot.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011
    edited August 2022

I think the last non-imaginary person I suggested DAZ to was a client about seven or eight years ago... the company made fancy candy molds for high end chocolate companies, I was discussing a pattern I made for them and the talk turned to 3D and I mentioned DAZ to one of the engineers who was interested enough that he looked it up while we were talking... so DAZ pops up on the big huge monitor displaying some themed "school days" sale featuring mostly scantily clad miniskirted girls in school uniforms...
    Talk about a moment of awkward silence. 
    I tried to play it off, and point out some vehicles or sets that were on the screen too, but fricken' talk about a Not Safe For Work impression... there was practically nothing there that didn't look like a lingerie ad for Adam & Eve... Yeesh, and literally nobody there was someone who you'd peg as anyone who'd appreciate virtual cleavage... to make it worse it was one of those open office concepts so like the monitor was visible from everywhere across the room.

Yeah... Literally one of the worst worded sales too... If I'm not mistaken some folks actually complained on the forums about it...

They were one of my least frequent clients, maybe I'd pick up a job from them once or twice a year and I did know they were looking to get their own industrial 3D printer (as opposed to have someone like me sculpt the patterns), but they never contacted me after that... I like to think they bought that printer and didn't need me... but I pretty much never suggested DAZ to anyone else after that... maybe once or twice, but just people who wouldn't be freaked out by a boobyfest the moment they opened the screen.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,834

Thinking of having second breakfast as I am still hungry.  But it is almost 11 am?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,678

...never stopped a hobbit before. 

Am I connected to the internet?  I tried doing a search on the internet, but I couldn't find an answer if I am connected to the internet.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited August 2022

I have eaten sandwich steak on a Vietnamese roll with hummus and kaleslaw for breakfast 3 days in a row

(pack of 6) 2 very thin little minute to fry steaks a roll

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I wanted to go to Walmart but I'm too dizzy.  I'm heading home now.  It is too hot outside!

edited August 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

...and kaleslaw...

Twenty years ago I would have thought that was a misspelling, but now I'm pretty sure it's not.

A couple of days ago I got some pizza from a new pizzeria nearby... they had all sorts of crazy slices on display, buffalo chicken, salad pizza, calamari pizza... I saw what looked like a fresh mozzarella and basil with red sauce, so I pointed to it and as the guy started to take it he noted "Mozzarella and kale right?"...

I successfully resisted the urge to lunge over the counter and beat him with the pizza paddle... 

It's morally wrong to replace basil with kale... I'm certain it's been covered in all major religious texts, international law and several build codes...

There was no fresh basil and mozzarella pizza... instead I got a crummy regular oily pizza slice... I was thoroughly disappointed... and the pizza paddle was so close too...

Bless you for eating healthy though.

Post edited by McGyver on

I took the time out of my day to click on McGyver's link in his signature.  I want that Cheap Diary, but I can't remember my sharegc login info.   I tried reseting my password but apparently I used an old email address.  Instead of trying to guess which one that is, I am going to create a new account so I can get that dryer.

McGyver said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

...and kaleslaw...

Twenty years ago I would have thought that was a misspelling, but now I'm pretty sure it's not.

A couple of days ago I got some pizza from a new pizzeria nearby... they had all sorts of crazy slices on display, buffalo chicken, salad pizza, calamari pizza... I saw what looked like a fresh mozzarella and basil with red sauce, so I pointed to it and as the guy started to take it he noted "Mozzarella and kale right?"...

I successfully resisted the urge to lunge over the counter and beat him with the pizza paddle... 

It's morally wrong to replace basil with kale... I'm certain it's been covered in all major religious texts, international law and several build codes...

There was no fresh basil and mozzarella pizza... instead I got a crummy regular oily pizza slice... I was thoroughly disappointed... and the pizza paddle was so close too...

...a pizza traditionalist here, Sausage, Onions, Mushrooms Cheese Garlic and Tomato Based Pizza sauce.  We get a lot of weird stuff that shouldn't be allowed on a pizza out here in the Northwest as well, including (believe it or not) pine nuts, strawberries, squash, and even sauerkraut (the latter sounds like it would be popular in Wisconsin, wouldn't be surprised  if they had a bratwurst and saukraut with mutard sauce pizza there). 

Can' t do pepperoni anymore as the combination of greasiness and spiciness gives me terrible indigestion at my age.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,364

kyoto kid said:

McGyver said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

...and kaleslaw...

...a pizza traditionalist here

Definitely don't go to a Pizza Hut in Asia. Here's a selection from the menu of Pizza Hut Korea: the Cajun Double Shrimp.

It supplements normal pizza toppings with things like bulgogi, sweet corn, broccoli, and, of course, shrimp. Crust options include the corn cheese pockets shown, as well as egg tart, gold bite and rich gold. I have no idea what the latter two mean, but maybe I'm just not steeped enough in Korean pizza culture.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited August 2022

the AI Stable Diffusion on my PC has some really peculiar ideas about cat anatomy

20220830173926_5.png
    768 x 512 - 657K
    20220830173708_3.png
    768 x 512 - 716K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Reminds me of the Pushmi-Pullyu from the 60s Doctor Doolittle movie.

Which end do you feed and which end do you avoid kissing on the nose?

Sfariah said:

I took the time out of my day to click on McGyver's link in his signature.  I want that Cheap Diary, but I can't remember my sharegc login info.   I tried reseting my password but apparently I used an old email address.  Instead of trying to guess which one that is, I am going to create a new account so I can get that dryer.

If you want, I can send it to you... SCG had shut off making new accounts for a while (probably more than a year) because scammers were using new accounts to post spam.

It was working again recently when I checked, but who knows.

McGyver said:

Sfariah said:

If you want, I can send it to you... SCG had shut off making new accounts for a while (probably more than a year) because scammers were using new accounts to post spam.

It was working again recently when I checked, but who knows.

thank you I will pm you Soon. 

What happened to September 1rst or 2nd?

edited September 2022

Apparently this ground was made for 3Delight which means it looks awful in iray.

bullscnesiniray.png
    987 x 873 - 1M
    bullscenein3delight.png
    987 x 873 - 1M
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the AI Stable Diffusion on my PC has some really peculiar ideas about cat anatomy

As I read in another forum: these AIs are only or mostly trained on square images.

When using landscape or portrait rations, there is a good chance that the body/head and so on are duplicated like above.

• yes, I was told that in the Midjourney and Stable Diffusion Facebook groups too, that's why my portrait shots often get a face on the tummy etc

How can they use the litter box?

edited September 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Won't work for me.  It will get me into trouble.

677B7C8E-91F2-4983-BF3B-BF4D9B394531.jpeg
    630 x 630 - 65K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on

...jsut read the title of a thread as being:

Geomety Editor Removing Penguins I Didn't Select.

Must be getting late or maybe reading too many posts by McGyver 

The one rule of penguin selection... You don't select the penguins... The penguins select you.

edited September 2022

...I thought that only occurred on Vostok Station in Antarctica.  Learn something new every day.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

It sounds like rain outside.  The windows look like it is raining outside.  I think it is heavily raining outside

Am I only one who thinks the big picture has the girl right after putther contact on her eye.

F5D4B20C-C621-4694-8D1E-452C5E75DDB9.jpeg
    1000 x 1300 - 197K

Yeesh... on at least one world that's an obscene gesture... it means "kiss my eyehole"... That doesn't make sense on earth, but if you'd ever have seen a Gvoulttoovlork, you'd understand the geography behind the gesture... also never look a Gvoulttoovlork directly in the eye... You'll likely regret it.

Which is properly written? Good night or goodnight?

I thought of learning binary, but it feels like a bunch of zeros and ones.

This discussion has been closed.