Reality Plugin End-of-life notice

Comments

• cowdogcowdog Posts: 6
    edited August 2023

danielbui78 said:

VirgoRival said:

ok scratch that
    I don't know if its this scene I opened

But the plugin in border line unsuable with >> https://github.com/danielbui78/reality/releases/tag/v0.0-alpha-test-1 <<

Sorry, I have been very busy with work for the past 2 years and just completely drained of energy to do more programming during my times off.  I think the least effort to get a De-DRM version working is to:

1. gather all the pre-built dependency files
    2. then install the exact version of Visual Studio and SDK that those files were built on and
    3. then apply the De-DRM patch from my repository by cherry-picking this commit: https://github.com/danielbui78/reality/commit/2f8ceb4e02438f1ae4f1e5f7d696977f446e36e6
    4. into a clone of Omniflux's version: https://github.com/Omniflux/reality
    5. then build the executable. 

The instabilities in my version are all related to my attempt to update the source code to work with VS 2022 without building new dependency libraries that were built on older Visual Studio SDK's.  As long as you work with only the binary compatible dependencies using the correct binary compatible version of Visual Studio and SDK, it should be stable.  Good luck, everyone!

If you check out Onminflux's reality version from Github, the De-DRM mods have already been applied (18 Aug 2023). In fact, the ReDRM.cpp file no longer even exists. FYI.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 362
    edited August 2023

EDIT: Issues have been reported with this version, I only tested with new scenes, not already existing scenes...

EDIT: Working version now uploaded.

I have uploaded the updated files for Reality with registration requirement removed.

I have not created an installer, so you will have to manually copy the files in place.

https://github.com/Omniflux/reality/releases/tag/v4.3.2

https://github.com/Omniflux/reality/releases/tag/v4.3.3

Post edited by Omniflux on
  • Omniflux said:

@VirgoRival, @deadgemini_db6f21ea56

I have uploaded the updated files for Reality with registration requirement removed.

I have not created an installer, so you will have to manually copy the files in place.

JUST Downloaded it

I think i got it right, as reality opened with out any issue with an empty scene

Loading a scene now

• VirgoRivalVirgoRival Posts: 47
    edited August 2023

so far, the scenes i have loaded isn't reading any old Reality scene data from my scenes, going to keep messing with it and see what the deal is

its going to be a MASSIVE pain in the ass to redo already made scenes materal settings from scratch
    which is something i have to do anyways, but with...well my entire history of scene files with already made settings, character, clothing, props ect ect, its not going to be a fun process
    which what i was trying to avoid by Not switching to Iray lmao

also Daz Crashes when closing with Reality still up with an Access Violation

Not thats a big deal since everything is shutting down, but just something to point out lol

Edit 2: the lil gear icons on all the materal settings tab that is used to open up the Texture Editor to the right Doesn't work
    Edit 3 (the death blow)
     Current Reality isn't loading Reality Scene Data from the Duf file
    Resulting it being striped when its loaded, Saving it does save it into the Duf file, but reloading the scene will causes it to be stripped out starting form blank settings once again
     Reality has this thing when it does this that any hidden objects from the scene tab will still be exported as they are not flagged as "not visable" in the view port when in this state

So far, everything works except fo the extended Texture editor (the gear button) and this major productivity issue

Post edited by VirgoRival on

@VirgoRival

Can you restore the plugin dll to the original and use just the new Reality files?

That should solve the crash issue and may solve the issue with loading data from the duf file.

I will look at the material editor issue over the next few days...

• not sure if editing my post alerts anyone that is watching the thread

But i made my reports of issues immeditally found

you can check my last finding with the DSON Editor (wish there was a 64bit version of this thing)
    But if it helps

Still see the exporting errors lol ah well
    anyways, right,  blue square, glass sphere, IBL...IBL lol
    again exported just fine

proof that the duf file saves Reality scene data
    Pointed out where relevent pointers are
    its in "Extras 4" of the Duf file at the bottom
    The IBL file location, what camera i'm using, the objects, the materal settings and type Ect
    that is where All the data for Reality is

if i was to come back and reload this scene file, Reality will chuck it out the window and erase everything
    i'm not sure if its becaue it can't See it, over writing it on load, or what the issue is

But its a major issue at the moment

• Omniflux said:

@VirgoRival

Can you restore the plugin dll to the original and use just the new Reality files?

That should solve the crash issue and may solve the issue with loading data from the duf file.

I will look at the material editor issue over the next few days...

restore the Plug in DLL but keep the Reality_DS folder one?
    I can try that

also no rush, been doing alot the last few days for sometihng most people won't even use lol

• VirgoRivalVirgoRival Posts: 47
    edited August 2023

AHHHAHA! I GOT IT

The Reality 64 bit version DLL was called Reality_DS64.dll from the orginal RealityInstaller while the files you provided doesn't have that file name, not sure if that might be an issue 

also didn't seem to see libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll when resintalling the orginal with the installer

Not sure if that is required for the DRM patch
    but i didn't include them and it seemed to work fine with out it
    is there some reason libeary32.dll and ssleah32.dll is nessery? 

By Not including those 2 files
    renaming the Reality_DS.dll to Reality_DS64.dll seems to work
    everything appears to have loaded from the scene with all the scene data intack!!!

not sure which of the two was the fix

The lil gear isn't working still how ever
    Edit: I dropped the two dll's into the Reality_DS folder and didn't seem to harm anything so i am putting in there just incase

Post edited by VirgoRival on
    edited August 2023

VirgoRival said:

AHHHAHA! I GOT IT

The Reality 64 bit version DLL was called Reality_DS64.dll from the orginal RealityInstaller while the files you provided doesn't have that file name, not sure if that might be an issue 

also didn't seem to see libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll when resintalling the orginal with the installer

Not sure if that is required for the DRM patch
    but i didn't include them and it seemed to work fine with out it
    is there some reason libeary32.dll and ssleah32.dll is nessery? 

By Not including those 2 files
    renaming the Reality_DS.dll to Reality_DS64.dll seems to work
    everything appears to have loaded from the scene with all the scene data intack!!!

not sure which of the two was the fix

The lil gear isn't working still how ever
    Edit: I dropped the two dll's into the Reality_DS folder and didn't seem to harm anything so i am putting in there just incase

I can confirm. Renaming Reality_DS dll worked for me as well. Just like VirgoRival mentioned, clicking on the gear icon does nothing, hence you can't modify materials. However, old .duf files come in correctly and I'm able to render them using LuxRender.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

@VirgoRival

Sorry about the naming issue, I cannot find my old Reality install files to compare against.

Can you confirm the only issue remaing from your list above is accessing the Reality texture editor?

edited August 2023

I created a new scene with a Genesis 8 model, a camera and an IBL light. A RealityIBLSphere object appeared in the Object/Material pane. I don't remember seeing that before under the old version of Reality.  Otherwise, I was able to change the materials to skin on Genesis 8 where appropriate. There may be other issues, but basic functionality is there.

Post edited by cowdog on
  • cowdog said:

I created a new scene with a Genesis 8 model, a camera and an IBL light. A RealityIBLSphere object appeared in the Object/Material pane. I don't remember seeing that before under the old version of Reality.  Otherwise, I was able to change the materials to skin on Genesis 8 where appropriate. There may be other issues, but basic functionality is there.

I'm pretty sure it was there or added in the last revision of Reality before it was stopped working on

it use to just appear when you used the .ibl file on the IBL lighting portion

But now i think it was added as its own object

other then that yea it appears to be working 100% Other then the gear drop down menu

• Omniflux said:

@VirgoRival

Sorry about the naming issue, I cannot find my old Reality install files to compare against.

Can you confirm the only issue remaing from your list above is accessing the Reality texture editor?

sorry, guess i should quote you directly, it appears to be the only issue at the moment yes
    Accessing the Reality Texture editor

• I see the update dropped
    Downloaded now
    a quick test shows the gear menu is working just fine for the small test scene i made, going to have to stress test everything, but so far every thing is working perfectly

i would be asking to much for anything more, thanks Omni and Daniel anyone else i missed for the fix 

Downloaded the update as well. Haven't seen any issues, so it looks good. Thank you so much!

• Omniflux said:

EDIT: Issues have been reported with this version, I only tested with new scenes, not already existing scenes...

I'll have to keep an eye on this. Sad that the program doesn't work anymore as released, but I understand. Thanks for this! Kinda getting back into Poser and other than film grain I kinda liked Reality.

• I noticed that an update to the github files was pushed (massive thanks for that, by the way) and that it seems to be working for some people, but the Reality Texture Editor is still unaccessible for me. Everything else works fine, even picking up saved Reality data from older scenes.  Just wondering if I'm missing something or not.

Cheers

• @deadgemini_db6f21ea56

That should have been fixed in 4.3.3. Is that the version you are using?

• It is, in fact, NOT the version I was using. I absolutely wasn't paying attention to what version I had downloaded and was using 4.3.2

Everything appears to be working as intended. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

Cheers!

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 478

@Omniflux - I bought the Poser version of Reality many years ago.  Are any of the files in your github download intended to revive the Poser version of reality?

Thanks.

• @jjoyner

I don't have Poser and so cannot test it. I can compile the add on and you can try...

Which version of Poser are you using? Reality was written for Python 2, but Poser 12 switched to Python 3. It may be a simple change, I haven't looked at it yet.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 478

@Omniflux - I am using Poser 11 Pro.  I don't want to divert you from your work with the Daz version of Reality but if you do compile something for Poser, I will do my  best to ry it out.  I am a hobbyist at Daz Studio, Poser, etc. and a retired educator now.

• jjoyner said:

@Omniflux - I am using Poser 11 Pro.  I don't want to divert you from your work with the Daz version of Reality but if you do compile something for Poser, I will do my  best to ry it out.  I am a hobbyist at Daz Studio, Poser, etc. and a retired educator now.

Using 10 still myself. Going to try to piece it together, but I'm intrested. Even though I don't care for the film grain I alway send up with.

• @jjoyner @mt_travists_f89bf86362

I have added what I believe to be the necessary files for Poser to the 4.3.3 release.

Please let me know if it works/doesn't work and if the installation instructions are correct or not.

• Omniflux said:

@jjoyner @mt_travists_f89bf86362

I have added what I believe to be the necessary files for Poser to the 4.3.3 release.

Please let me know if it works/doesn't work and if the installation instructions are correct or not.

Instructions needed to be ammended slightly for me ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 10\Runtime\Python\addons\Reality") Still prompts to activate with serial number.

• mt_travists_f89bf86362 said:

Still prompts to activate with serial number.

This sounds like Reality.exe and Reality_lib.dll did not get replaced.

• Almost had it....... copied the 32bit noOpenCL. It opened, crashed but it opened. will try a reboot.

• Omniflux said:

mt_travists_f89bf86362 said:

I'll try the Reality_lib.dll. Those weren't in the poser zip and didn't see anything about those in the instructions.

Omniflux said:

I'll try the Reality_lib.dll. Those weren't in the poser zip and didn't see anything about those in the instructions.

My bad...... at the bottom.......

Omniflux said:

Got it!! Launches fine now, so should render and everything else.