CyberPNK Modular LIE shading half the character

Reality HackReality Hack Posts: 99

I'm having trouble applying the CyberPNK product. Every time I go to apply any of it, presets or otherwise, the render shades half the character differently for some reason. I managed to get the face done somehow, but it's not working for anything else. I'm following the steps one by one, and it's happening on both male and female characters, generic and otherwise. Also, the eyes aren't working at all. I double-click them, nothing gets applied, and it doesn't show up in the render. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
This is what it looks like before and after applying anything.

Post edited by Reality Hack on

Comments

• I don't  have this product, but you could take a look at the surfaces of your character. Perhaps there's a LIE Map being applied where there was no map set up. So check to see if any maps look strange (normal map could be the cause).

• FenixPhoenix said:

I don't  have this product, but you could take a look at the surfaces of your character. Perhaps there's a LIE Map being applied where there was no map set up. So check to see if any maps look strange (normal map could be the cause).

Thanks. I did. Nothing looks out of place. Even if there was, there should still be a way to use the product without having to go into the surfaces to fix it each time, you know?

• That's strange. The outcome youu are getting looks like a LIE got created on an empty map, so you're basically getting a transparent map with only LIE. So there might be a channel there that's creating that discrepancy. I'm assuming a lot of things because I don't owe the product, but looking at its store page, it mentions "6 Figure Prep Presets to add necessary maps" so were those no help at all in correcting/preventing the issue?

• Reality HackReality Hack Posts: 99
    edited November 2021

Yeah, there are several different options for "prep". The main one only applies 4 of the 5 maps. You have to apply the normal map separately, which, apparently, is crucial, so why not just include it in with the other 4? I don't know. I'm just glad you were able to point me in the right direction!

It's still not without its problems though. I still couldn't get "Torso 05" to work. It just turned the entire torso white. The eyes didn't work. I had to go in and manually boost the luminance by 10,000% to get them to show up properly. Also, I have a blazing fast computer, but each change takes in the upwards of 45 seconds to apply.

At any rate, thank you so much for your help. I had given up as I had spent entirely too much time I didn't have on it today, so I most likely never would have figured this out without it.

Post edited by Reality Hack on