Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited August 2022

Thanks, Horo, adbc, mermaid. As explained, the wonderful landscape is made by David Brinnen as is the sky (which I modified largely).

I modified the windmill scene by adding a cowboy (Genesis 3 with Worldly Jones clothing), removing the tree, changing the sky (e.g. the orientation of the cloud slab and the sky background) and the viewpoint. I also modified the scene of the 'dinolake' and added some items from Jepe's Z-bundle II, which was very cheap for a while at DAZ. It must be possible to use them directly in Bryce, because they are actually 2D faces with textures. However, they are in DAZ Studio format and I tried them out in DAZ Studio and transfered them to Bryce from there. Finally, I modified the terrain from the 'dinolake' so much, that you can hardly recognize it. For example, I used the filter option in the terrain editor to have a slope in the terrain from front to back. And then I posterized, smoothed, used lots of noise, smoothed again, etc., etc. to get to the next picture, which I call 'Greenland'.

DavidB_Hansmar_Lincolnshire wind turbines 4.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 525K
    Jepe_effecttest.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 786K
    Greenland.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 440K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

mermaid : thank you.

Hansmar : Beautifully modified landscapes, great sky on the windmill, attractive Jepe's effects and greenland : not so green but nice result on the terrains.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

Hansmar - another three great renders. The sky in the first is fantastic.
    Greenland, yes, discovered around the year 800, was green then, hence Greenland (Grönland). Many settlers came but left about 1300 when the small ice age started, it peaked in the 17th century, we're not yet the end of it but nearing it. Remember that south part is at the same latitude (60°N) as Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki and St. Petersburg (ex Leningrad).

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,998
    edited August 2022

Hansmar – three cool renders, the sky in the windmill render is awesome.

I used an Island from the Islands 2 set for this render; very similar to my email/Pinterest avatar which I did long ago, following David’s Tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go8vjGW-9sM  I used an Hdri from the Golden Lighting for the lighting.

sunset-golden.jpg
    850 x 850 - 446K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited August 2022

mermaid - this island render came out beautiful. Great water and sky, the light rays are excellent.

The building is the Sibenik Cathedral (hdri.cgtechniques.com/~sibenik2/) and the Buddha ahead from the Stanford 3D Scanning Repository with an adjusted material from "Fifty Funky Shapes & Fifty Funky Metals". A bit of sun shines through the windows, the haze is created by the Volumetric World option.

Sibebud

Sibebud.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 39K
    Post edited by Horo on

adbc, Horo, mermaid, Thank you. Yes, the sky in the windmill render is great. Largely thanks to the volumetric sky slab created by David Brinnen. I only did some modification and tweaking (not much).

Mermaid: fantastic light through that natural bridge/island! Very well made render. 

Horo, Not sure whether a buddha in a cathedral is logical smiley, but the render is fantastic. Very good use of light and dark.

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited August 2022

Hansmar:
    - A beautiful windmills scene. The horseman is a nice touch and adds much to it.
    - Cool otherworldly scene.
    - Greenland seems the perfect place regarding the current heat wave. Nice lighting!

mermaid: A wonderful, magical image. Wonderful lighting!

Horo: I remember said cathedral mesh. I have it too, but haven't used it since very long. Wonderful serene mysterious light and shadow work!

Post edited by hubert on

Thanks Horo, Hansmar and Hubert  (the three H's laugh) for the nice comments.

Horo - love the render, awesome contrast between the light and dark areas.

mermaid : superb image, gorgeous sky.

Horo : fantastic render, the lighting is awesome.

Hansmar - thank you. A golden Buddha statue at such a location is unfamiliar but we should be open and flexible devil 

hubert, mermaid and adbc - thank you.

Thanks Adbc

edited August 2022

Hubert: Thank you.

I took one of my entries for the 'under water' contest and modified some elements. And I made two new 'Greenland' renders, this time with a bit more green in the textre and from different viewpoints. This version is also a modified terrain, combining the earlier terrain with a picture and partly blending them together.

Deep_slow_Hansmar2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    greenland2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 701K
    greenland3.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 773K
    edited August 2022

Hansmar - three very nicely done renders. The second one is my favorite.

The object was made in Wings3D, the material has a bit diffuse and some transparency with a high refractive index. It is in the world centre and around it a sphere with a bit of diffuse and transparency. Light and colour by an HDRI from inside (the cube).

Open Cube Shadow

OpenCubeShadow.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 114K
    Post edited by Horo on

Hansmar - three superb renders.

Horo - wow beautiful abstract/still, awesome lighting and model

Horo, mermaid: Thank you.

Horo: I agree with mermaid. Wonderfully presented item, where background and object work very well together.

mermaid and Hansmar - thank you.

edited August 2022

I decided to do something simple. Just a default lattice, a terrain, a plane with water texture and some lights (includingan additional light to get the white reflection at the left). Sky is from Horo and textures of lattice and terrain are from RajRaja. Hardly visible is the fog cube by David Brinnen.

lattice_sea.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 642K

Hansmar : three excellent modified landscapes, the lattice scene has a nice sky and the reflection on the water is awesome.

Horo : wow, great model and lights, I love the colour.

edited August 2022

Hansmar - this lattice island scene looks very nice.

adbc - thank you.

Post edited by Horo on

Hansmar - simple but beautiful render, nice lighting and water texture.

edited August 2022

The terrain is from High Resolution Terrains 2 and was inverted. The material was assembled from three textures. The pit is lit by five quadratic spotlights, sky and ambient light by the DS-Sky03 HDRI from the Deep Space HDRI 2 set, weak stratus and cumulus clouds and some light by the sun. A city in a deep depression.

Pit City

PitCity.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 164K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : that inverted terrain looks awesome so is the city, great sky as well.

Horo - an outstanding render, beautifully done

Thank you adbc and mermaid.

adbc, Horo, Thanks.

Horo, the city in the hole is a fantastic render! Could easily be the setting of a great sci-fi movie.

edited August 2022

Thank you Hansmar.

Post edited by Horo on
  • huberthubert Posts: 410

Hansmar:
    - Great 3 scenes. The 2nd one is my favourite. (Whereas I am not sure about the lighting in the underwater scene. Cool creatures, btw.)
    - Nice lattice scene. Beautiful water.

Horo:
    - A magic cube! Beautiful mat and light play.
    - Wonderful abyssal city. Very moody. Great terrain work, atmosphere and lighting.

Thank you hubert.

edited August 2022

3 terrain renders, same terrains, different settings. For the last one I used the trees from Shredder's Desert Oasis (sharecg)

terrain11.jpg
    800 x 800 - 153K
    terrain22d.jpg
    800 x 600 - 74K
    terrain31.jpg
    800 x 600 - 127K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - all three are really beautiful scenes. If I really had to chose a favorite, it would be the first but I prefer not to chose.

This discussion has been closed.