Problem With Pixelation

I am having a recurring problem with some of my renders pixelating greatly. It doesn't always happen, but when it does - boy, howdy.

I still consider myself a newbie - probably will for a long time. However, I have managed to work some things out, and when I couldn't, the fine folks here have always helped me out.

Though I found an article online to deal with this, but when I went to my Surfaces pane, the settings looked very unlike what he had in his screen shots (See Here - https://mooncraftrp.com/index.php/2020/10/14/fixing-material-pixelation-in-daz-studio-tutorial/).

Anyhow, if any of you kind folks know a fix or two or three or so for this problem, let me know, please. If you need a logfile, please tell me where I can find it - I switched my render libary path and I think render logs are going there now, but not sure, or even sure if that is the log file which would be needed. If you need more information (like what I set the render editor settings at), please let me know.

Thanks in advance, as well as for all the help I've receieved here on Daz forums over the last year or so. - Bill

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,733

I suggest attaching some images so people know what you are referring to.

It could be lack of light, texture compression or other causes.

• felis said:

I suggest attaching some images so people know what you are referring to.

It could be lack of light, texture compression or other causes.

Do you mean like finished renders?

• Just in case you meant the finished render, included is one of them, with some additional Render pan information. You can see the pixelation on the character's skin.

Info: In Render Editor (General): Pixel Size (Global), Width and Height both - 2000 px

Aspect Ratio (Global): Width and Height both - 25
             In Render Editor (Progressive Rendering):     Max Samples - 10000

Max Time - 7800

Rendering Quality - 2

All other settings in Render Editor are Defaults

I do not know how to use the Surfaces Pane settings, which I seemed to find are the best place to fix pixelation problems (as shown in the lined article in my initial post). What was in the article I linked did not match my Daz Studio 4.15 Surfaces Pane.

Thank  you again for your time and consideration - again, if you need more information, let me know (you may have to let me know where to go to find it, also).

Example.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M