Duplicate Formulas PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf

["Duplicate Formulas PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf"] Can anyone please explain in layman's terms how to fix this?

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Learn to code.

(I'm not entirely joking).

There's two ways this error happens.

Two of the same formula(morphs) in one file(dsf), or the same formula in two files.

The first is pretty easy to track down, the second, can be a bit more of a pain.

You'll need to check the file that's listed in the error for duplication, if there is none, then it's the two separate file problem and good luck tracking that down.

You might get lucky and find two same named DSF files, this does happen from time to time with pa's.

If it's just in the DSF, then it'll take a while to find it.

• Thanks for the left-handed response.
    First of all, coding doesn't come easy to everyone, second by your logic I should have to learn code in order to fix an error on just about any software I may use. Third if you don't have anything constructive to say, scroll on.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

DrunkMonkey was not joking, if you want to fix the problem yourself, you need to at least learn to read the code. Otherwise there is not much to do but to uninstall the product, file a ticket and maybe it will be fixed sometime in the future.

• shawnp64_2bdaac4d92 said:

Thanks for the left-handed response.
    First of all, coding doesn't come easy to everyone, second by your logic I should have to learn code in order to fix an error on just about any software I may use. Third if you don't have anything constructive to say, scroll on.

"First of all, coding doesn't come easy to everyone"

I never said coding was easy.

The DSON format used in DSF files is, fairly, simple to understand. Almost everything is self explanatory.

"second by your logic I should have to learn code in order to fix an error on just about any software I may use:"

That is not what i said at all.

This is an asset error(DSF), not a program error.

This type of error, duplicate formula, has existed almost since the inception of DS.

There are many threads on this subject in the forums. While they may not have the specifc DSF you're having a problem with, it's the same solution regardless.

"Third if you don't have anything constructive to say, scroll on."

You may not like my response, but that doesn't invalidate it's usefullness.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838

Pretty sure that file is part of the starter essentials, so to get a DF error with that means you have installed at least two poorly done products.

With just one product installed DS would have a coding conflict rather than a DF error.

In DS a Formula is also called ERC, basically slider A has a link to slider B, that way move slider A and slider B auto moves to match, problem is every DSF file has to have a unique asset ID, and that's where the problem is, two or more DSF files with the same asset ID have the same ERC.