!?!

konkon Posts: 389
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Alright this is a stupid question but recently i have completely upgraded to genesis 2 and now I only want to work with g2 but I have all this old content i don't need cluttering up smart content. So is it possible for me to give some of that content away?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2015

simple answer is NO

longer answer. The DAZ 3D EULA does not allow you to give things away, they are licensed for just you to use, and the license is non transferable.

BTW clothing etc can be used with Genesis 2 by using some of the add ons that are available

Post edited by Chohole on
  • konkon Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

Yeah hair and clothing sure but I have a lot of morphs and things of that nature that are no good to me now.Now the poses i don't know. I try to uninstall things but i get a caution symbol thumbnail. ..blah blah blah.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am told that GenX 2 can transfer morphs. https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

edited December 1969

Raw art creature morphs will not transfer.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yeah hair and clothing sure but I have a lot of morphs and things of that nature that are no good to me now.Now the poses i don't know. I try to uninstall things but i get a caution symbol thumbnail. ..blah blah blah.

Poses should work with some adjustment -- Handy Dandy can fix the hand issues if you don't want to fix them manually, and there are freebies on ShareCG to improve V4 poses and A3 poses (which will probably work fairly will for other 4th and 3rd Generation figures).

The yellow triangle thumbnails just mean that there are still links in the database pointing to content which is no longer there -- "Scan Known Directories For Files" will clear out all the obsolete links.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Raw art creature morphs will not transfer.

Which ones in particular? Some of his morphs are pretty extreme, but I don't know of any particular reason his morphs wouldn't transfer in general.

edited December 1969

Well the cat people won't

edited December 1969

How do i scan known directory?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Use the drop-down menu in the Content Library pane.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

but I have all this old content i don't need cluttering up smart content.

Don't be too quick to toss things into the "Don't Need" pile. A lot of Genesis content can be converted and loaded directly on to Genesis2 figures, and a lot of V4/M4 content can also be converted, using Genesis compatibility as a "stepping stone".
    edited December 1969

True but sometimes I just want to move quickly when creating something. You have to deselect g2 search for stuff then see if it works you know i would just rather start from scratch with g2. I'm disappointed about all the textures and skin i can't use. Skin builder is amazing though but only works for g2f. ?