More Non-photorealistic Renders (NPR III)

Comments

• csaacsaa Posts: 812
    edited September 2022

Captain Chander, Sgts. Andrea and Inez's boss, a character I've been working on.

Cheers!

Sgts. Andrea & Inez and Cpt. Chander | Daz assets | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Post edited by csaa on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

@csaa Those look amazing! I love the backgrounds! Awesome work!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited September 2022

juvesatriani said:

Seven193 said:

juvesatriani said:

There is differences filter location between CC and CS 6 . Thats why the action not find it ,

Thanks, I tried editing it, but my Oil Paint filter has several Brush/Lighting parameters.  
    The action doesn't tell me what those parameters are.

And I do have a Bleach Bypass.look 3DLUT file stored in a different folder location, but when I create the action, it says "Color lookup" instead of "Set current adjustment layer".  I'm not very familiar with it.

It looks like this action was created in Photoshop CC 2017.

Try this one 

I just tested these out in CS6 and they give quite a different look than the ones I posted for CC. I think maybe the oil painting settings or something might be too high. I'll take a look at seeing if I can modify the original CC version for CS6 to try and get them to look a bit more similar. I appreciate you posting a version for CS6 - that's very nice of you. I think with some mods I'll be able to bring the CS6 version more in line with the original CC version. If I can get them closer to each other I'll post the CS6 version. :)

Here's a comparison of the CC version I posted and the CS6 version you posted to show you what I mean:

CC version:

CS6 version:

I'll see if I can do some mods to the CS6 version and repost it as soon as I am able to work on it.

3DL - Hex Outfit Sized Up NPR 1 CC.jpg
    2000 x 2844 - 2M
    3DL - Hex Outfit Sized Up NPR 1 CS6.jpg
    2000 x 2844 - 2M
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited September 2022

@3Diva and @Seven193.. sorry I didnt check correct OIL Paint value , now it should be fixed , But you can check it @3diva

The Oil Paint Value @3Diva use are Stylization :2.1 and cleaniness 0 for NPR 1 action  and Stylization 0.1 and Cleaniness 0 for other actions .You can Modify via double click OIL painting part then typing/correctting the values or try DL new REV below

zip
    zip
    3Diva NPR Actions_CS6_REV.zip
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
    edited September 2022

War Machina_NPR

Ok  guys , this is not truly DAZ render or objects, but get NPR treatment from my photoshop action ( which I`ve posted in this thread several days ago) beside some manual brush and pixel push/editing . 

You can check non NPR and First Photobash iteration/version in my DA if you interest . 

War Machina Rev.jpg
    1024 x 1536 - 2M

3Diva said:

@csaa Those look amazing! I love the backgrounds! Awesome work!

3Diva,

I remember you once asked about Clip Studio Paint. I got an email this morning about summer sale at Celsys (up to 50%) on CSP ending on 09/13. Just thought you might be interested.

I don't get to thank you enough for the kind feedback you give. I've still got a long way to go as far as exploring NPR and 3D illustration and developing the right tools and skills are concerned. So, every encouragement helps. smiley

Cheers!

juvesatriani,

Looking good! It had me imagining mecha fighting kaiju, 'ala Pacific Rim. laugh

Cheers!

juvesatriani said:

War Machina_NPR

Ok  guys , this is not truly DAZ render or objects, but get NPR treatment from my photoshop action ( which I`ve posted in this thread several days ago) beside some manual brush and pixel push/editing . 

You can check non NPR and First Photobash iteration/version in my DA if you interest . 

• juvesatriani said:

War Machina_NPR

Wow. Would you ever consider making a video of you processing something like this from raw render to finished project? I can't get anywhere near this level of awesome, even with all the actions and filters I've collected!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,880

juvesatriani said:

War Machina_NPR

I can only agree - another masterpiece. Wow.

• LoreMistress IzariaLoreMistress Izaria Posts: 145
    edited September 2022

He's the most interesting bird in the world...

Classy Bird.jpg
    4800 x 6000 - 4M
    Post edited by LoreMistress Izaria on

LoreMistress Izaria,

The lightning is magical! Does he have a debonair name to go with his suave looks?

Cheers!

LoreMistress Izaria said:

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

juvesatriani said:

@3Diva or anyone who want to try , here the link for my new IRAY 2 NPR Photoshop action

Thanks, I tried it, and step 2 (smooth FX), runs very slowly on my computer, taking several minute to finish. I think this is because you have the greyCStoration plugin interpolation set to "Runge-Kutta", which is the slowest one.  Setting it to a default of "nearest" should make it run much faster.

And the Flatten Image command removes my image's background cutout transparency, so I have to uncheck that step.

Seven193,

Any sample images? I'm a big fan of the filters and actions people have shared in this forum, particularly by juvesatriani. I myself use Blender to render; so I'm ever curious about the creative NPR techniques on the Daz side. No pressure to share. Just whenever you feel comfortable about it.

Cheers!

Seven193 said:

juvesatriani said:

@3Diva or anyone who want to try , here the link for my new IRAY 2 NPR Photoshop action

Thanks, I tried it, and step 2 (smooth FX), runs very slowly on my computer, taking several minute to finish. I think this is because you have the greyCStoration plugin interpolation set to "Runge-Kutta", which is the slowest one.  Setting it to a default of "nearest" should make it run much faster.

And the Flatten Image command removes my image's background cutout transparency, so I have to uncheck that step.

• csaa said:

LoreMistress Izaria,

The lightning is magical! Does he have a debonair name to go with his suave looks?

Cheers!

LoreMistress Izaria said:

He's too interesting for a name... (lol, j/k)

I haven't named my characters. I have no idea why not. Let's see:

Kha Gendra works. (as a single word, it means 'king of birds')

edited September 2022

Thanks for nice words @artini @csaa and @loreMistressIzaria .

@Seven193 I forgot to mention in readme , you need ticking GPU option in GreyCstoration filter to make render faster . But Thanks for tips about another mode

About Flatten process , open the action and UNTICK FLATTEN LAYER part , but  if you do that , make sure you select the right layer first  before RUN that action

@loreMistresslzaria I have plan making PDF about my process , language still big barrier to me to explaining those detail steps .  I Hope you OK to wait . It will more like Photoshop tips than actual 3D tutorial since I tend to kitbashing (from separate 3D objects/elemets render for my scene ) rather than building everything in one big/complex scene 

greyCstoration_Setting

The forums are lit up by all the blessings and controversies of AI art! I thought I'd try my hand at it.

I found use for an image created by Dall-E from the prompt: wanted poster of futuristic female cyborg hanging on subway wall black and white illustration. Dall-E produced a bunch, and I chose one suitable for a futuristic theme about crime and punishment. From thereon it was all about image/photobashing and compositing several elements to produce a final image. Here it is.

Cheers!

Sgt. Andrea: XNJ Crime Unit | Daz asset + Dall-E | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

• juvesatriani said:

@loreMistresslzaria I have plan making PDF about my process , language still big barrier to me to explaining those detail steps .  I Hope you OK to wait . It will more like Photoshop tips than actual 3D tutorial since I tend to kitbashing (from separate 3D objects/elemets render for my scene ) rather than building everything in one big/complex scene

No worries. I love trying out tips and tricks and following others' processes. I can't wait to see what you come out with next... however long you need to make it.

• csaa said:

The forums are lit up by all the blessings and controversies of AI art! I thought I'd try my hand at it.

I found use for an image created by Dall-E from the prompt: wanted poster of futuristic female cyborg hanging on subway wall black and white illustration. Dall-E produced a bunch, and I chose one suitable for a futuristic theme about crime and punishment. From thereon it was all about image/photobashing and compositing several elements to produce a final image. Here it is.

Cheers!

Sgt. Andrea: XNJ Crime Unit | Daz asset + Dall-E | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

It turned out nice and clean. I always have so much trouble trying to figure out layout and composition. And don't get me started on text/fonts. You nailed it.

• Old experiments.

image_2022-09-11_225201781.png
    1684 x 2145 - 4M
    edited September 2022

WIP _ NPR Cyberpunk Goddess

This one actually G8 - photobash with bunch of elements generated by AI , then feed into my photoshop action .

Still need to learn about how to balance composition for each elements so not feel too crowded :)

WIP+Cyberpunk God.jpg
    1065 x 1331 - 1M
    edited September 2022

juvesatriani,

It looks great! The value in AI art lies with the photobashing opportunites it brings. It still takes creativity and skill on the artist's part to put everthing together coherently.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

juvesatriani said:

WIP _ NPR Cyberpunk Goddess

This one actually G8 - photobash with bunch of elements generated by AI , then feed into my photoshop action .

Still need to learn about how to balance composition for each elements so not feel too crowded :)

Post edited by csaa on
  • juvesatriani said:

I don't think it's too crowded at all. It fits the genre nicely. Great job!

edited September 2022

Thanks @csaa and @LoreMistressIzaria

Here another study about IMG2IMG from stable diffusion AI . It still hit and miss for sure, but if you patient and keep  generating bunches of files from your own render or photobash  you will get (almost??) seamless style for entire project .

(sorry for dark image, It seem I`ve forgot to disable blueish photo filter layer when exporting from PS )

img2imgstudy

IMG2IMGStudy with Cooler color scheme.jpg
    1077 x 1044 - 992K
  •  

Still fine tuning as I go, but here's my latest progress

haunted.png
    1080 x 1350 - 2M

Phloki3D,

This is Octane, right? I like the stylized illustration. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Phloki3D said:

Still fine tuning as I go, but here's my latest progress

• @csaa correct, still straight out of Octane. Photoshop used just to add some grain.

• Playing with colour this time

tofu.png
    1080 x 1350 - 2M
    Screenshot_12.jpg
    741 x 903 - 125K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,880

I like the color version more than the other one.

edited September 2022

Artini,

I can attest that you prefer colored images over black and white. wink

Cheers!

Artini said:

I like the color version more than the other one.

Post edited by csaa on
  • I have to agree, though! And I've been having a blast introducing more colour. Here's a couple of other images I've completed. The backgrounds are primitive planes with additional textures added, everything else is down to Octane's toon shader. Photoshop to add grain and a subtle grunge texture overlay to give somewhat of a paper feel which I like the look of.

King-Of-The-Ocean.png
    1080 x 1360 - 2M
    Into-Hell-Valley.png
    1080 x 1350 - 2M