Do G3F Shoes and Boots Fit G8F ?

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
edited August 2021 in The Commons

[Do G3F Shoes and Boots Fit G8F ?] Or do they get and mangled up with distorions like previous generations?  How well do G3F fit G8F?

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• StarkdogStarkdog Posts: 161
    edited August 2021

Most should work ok with AutoFit.  However, if you do get huge distortions, you could do the following:

1). Load G3F and the shoes/boots.

2). Adjust G3F's thighs Side-Side to 6 degrees.

3). Hide G3F, and export the shoes/boots as an OBJ.

4). Clear scene and load G8F.

5). Import the new shoes/boots OBJ (Should encapsulate her feet).

6). Go to Edit>Object>Transfer Utility.  Select G8F as the source, and the OBJ as the target.  I think you can select Footwear as the Projection Template pulldown.

7). Once complete, select the shoes/boots and go to File>Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Asset.  Save the shoes/boots in the directory you want.

Do keep in mind that in doing this, that this method would only be for your use, and not for a freebie or addon, unless you have permission from the relevant PA.

Thanks, -David

Post edited by Starkdog on
  • StarkdogStarkdog Posts: 161

I'm getting ready to call it a night; however, I'll post some pictures in the morning for better details.

Thanks-David

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114

You could always do the Scene Identification trick too. Load the G3F footwear into the scene without clicking on G8F. Then go to Edit > Scene Identification for the selected footwear and change Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female. Once that's changed, fit to G8F.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,558

In my experience, unless they are flats, no they don't. either using autofit or changing the scene identifier, heels just don't transfer well.

• FPFP Posts: 113
    I'll have to try the scene identify trick. My fix is to just hide the feet and pose the shoe.
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,030
    The description for Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female says that it can convert G3 shoes to G8, with the caveat that "High-heeled shoes may require a manual step during conversion if the original shoes do not include a compatible foot pose." Don't know how well it works as I haven't tried it yet.
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,558
    The description for Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female says that it can convert G3 shoes to G8, with the caveat that "High-heeled shoes may require a manual step during conversion if the original shoes do not include a compatible foot pose." Don't know how well it works as I haven't tried it yet.
    Tried it, not good results.
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,771

Flats auto-fit without problems. Heeled shoes can be converted with this method: https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

Thanks for the advice.  Does anyone know why the shoes of one generation don't fit other generations? I mean, how much does the human foot change?  

• Fauvist said:

Thanks for the advice.  Does anyone know why the shoes of one generation don't fit other generations? I mean, how much does the human foot change?  

If I remember there is a difference between G3 and G8 heel geometry and the difference in the foot length between the two figures or something along that lines. If I remember correctly.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The big problem with any converter is the transfer of weight mapping.  Specifically parts of the clothing item that are not close to the body, like heels, the converter is just guessing.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,457

Fauvist said:

These aren't human feet, human feet don't have vertices and weight maps.