What happened to my Content Library?

BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I was working in a scene and all of a sudden, through a yet-to-be determined keyboard command error, my connection to my basic runtime directory vanished and I am left with a blank content directory. This is most inconvenient because my main runtime directories are somewhere north of 55 GB in the main directory I condensed into my sole working directory, and probably as much or more in backups and downloads I copied over but left intact archived in my downloads folder I originally downloaded them from.
. Funny thing is, though, search still works, but that isn't practical. I don't use smart content because 90% of my content I picked up over the last ten years I have from third party vendors (some which no longer exist) and Renderosity, et. al., freebies which will never have or qualify (such as props) as categorizable under the Daz characters. As cumbersome as it seems to new users, I know my content and know what is in my libraries. Problem is, they aren't being listed like before. What happened and how do i fix it?

Separate question: I have used CrossDresser and Content Converter to get hair, clothing and such to scale to be used on different pre-Genesis characters. Is there a standalone utility to create and assign metadata links to non-DAZ website purchased character clothing, altered or not, that makes up the bulk of my Runtime directory? I could embrace Smart content much more if I could organize it with all my related content, not just the post-smart content compatible items. Thanks for your consideration of these dilemmas...

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited December 1969

If you look under the search box there are probably a couple of dark marks in the middle of the divider bar -click to expand the collapsed panels, probably including your folder list.

• BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

I just changed (refreshed) my workspace and it reset itself as normal... D'OH!! :smirk:

Question two is open for suggestions... I understand the metadata system is to automatically sort out content as per parent figure, so I don't need to continue, as I already have, physically creating new folders for clothing and hair with figure subdirectories I copy the item into. This differentiates by clothing to each figure, but another thing I'd like to see is metadata that could seperate skin/body morphs from generation 3 from generation 4. Any charecter of V3 can transfer to S3, L3, M3 or D3, as can the v4 to its counterpoints. Anyway, if no template is available I'll have to spend time with testing charecters on side-by-side V3 and V4 and copy that folder to a subdirectory of the figure type in a new 'charecters-morphs' directory.I have to sort all this stuff out somehow, and if metadata can't be retro-fitted to older figures and clothing then I'd need to know and do it manually.