32 Bit Hexagon - How does that work with 64 bit rendering/animation program?

24_Seven24_Seven Posts: 31
edited January 2015 in New Users

I just bought Hexagon because of it being a good entry object editor/creator and simple to use and it plays well with DAZ (or so it seems based on the 'export to DAZ' feature). Upon install I found it to be 32 bit for the Mac. And that brought up the question about 32 and 64 bit.

Do the 32 & 64 bit files work together? Is 32 bit simply smaller and can later be converted to 64 bit? And can you take a 64 bit figure or prop and edit it in Hexagon?

I don't know if it is the same as trying to enlarge a digital photo, where reducing it works great but enlarging it can cause problems because the information isn't there for the program to do more than simply duplicate the existing pixels.

Thanks. It makes me wonder about using Hexagon as an object creator or editor.

Post edited by 24_Seven on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited December 1969

The difference lies in how much memory they can use. A 32 bit application may fail with data that a 64 bit application can handle, but for the most part that shouldn't be an issue with content from DS. If you make your own models you may exceed the application's capabilities, in which case you might want to split the model for detailing, but the sort of thing you are likely to use the bridge for (adding morphs to figures or clothes) shouldn't be an issue.