RawArt: My face, my beautiful face :-(

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,176
edited January 2015 in The Commons

Arghhh, I spend hours getting my man's face just right then I apply a character morph and the head and face change shapes.

I want features of the character body, massive or werewolf or tauran, etc but I don't want the head mucked with. Yet!

In Studio4 with Genesis and Genesis characters I want to transform my beasties but I want their normal human faces on them for a while in the animation then dial in the head changes later.

Is there some way that I can lock the head shapes and pose so that I can apply for example the RawArt "Massive" morphs without him starting to immediately look like an overused wrestler? I want a handsome beast not an ugly beast.

I'd settle for being able to "dial-out" the "Massive" head changes but all I see are ways to "dial-in" modifications to the brain-dead wrestler's noggin. :-( Is this a limitation of Studio4 or Genesis and G2 or each character product?. I could do things like this in Studio3 and Gen4 characters.

Disappointed. 8-(

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,845
    edited December 1969

if they have separate head morphs you can dial them out under head maybe under hidden

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,176
    edited December 1969

if they have separate head morphs you can dial them out under head maybe under hidden

Thank you Wendy. I did look in the "Hidden" dials but didn't find anything. However, there are a lot places in which things can be hidden in Studio4. I've been known to overlook things before.

When I was young and studly I used to say "So many men, so little time." Now that I'm old, grumpy and ugly and addicted to DAZ I have to satisfy myself with "So many menus, so little time."

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,754
    edited December 1969

The massive morphs were designed as full body morphs so that all parts remain in proper proportion.

Rawn

edited December 1969

Oh! Thank you. :-(

Is there anyway In Studio4 to remember a head shape and then re-apply that head shape later? Essentially a one-step "dial-out" operation? If not there should be! If so, Is that an advanced operation that can be explained in 4 paragraphs or less?

I love the RawArt beasties but would love to be able transplant beasty bodies onto beauty heads.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You could try memorizing the head node and then restoring it after applying the morph.

edited January 2015

I tried the memorizing head morphs tactic but didn't work. Once you apply the "Tauran" morph the head's base shape has been changed and applying memorized head settings doesn't work.

But I did find a workaround. :-)

The "Tauran" is a full body morph including head and you can't easily return the head to normal human. However, I did find the "Characters-->FSL_Freakish_Minotaur" morphs that provide separate body and head morphs so I can apply them separately when needed. Yea!

Those morphs aren't as brutish as the "Tauran" by RawArt, but combined with enhanced muscle volumes and other enbigerators I can probably accomplish my goal.

It's a shame though that the "Tauran" doesn't have separate head and body morphs sets, or at least a way to un-dial the brutish head morph back to normal. Same disappointment with many of RawArt's wonderful beasties. :-(

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on