„Mimic Live“ and „CrazyTalk7 PRO“

FetitoFetito Posts: 481
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Ok, I own „Mimic Live“, but I think that it's quite limited. I'd like to add more facial expressions to the Genesis 1 and 2 animations.

Since DAZ also sells „CrazyTalk7 PRO“ on this website, I'd like to know if DAZ Studio 4.7 and „CrazyTalk7 PRO“ are compatible.

Can I import my Genesis 1 + 2 rigs into „CrazyTalk7 PRO“, animate the facial expression and export it back to DAZ Studio?

Thank you!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,927
    edited December 1969

no but you can animate a still render and save as a video like you would a photo
    I have seen quite good videos done using facial close ups with it interspersed with rear or obscured head shots shots showing full body animation

• FetitoFetito Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Oh Wendy! I love you! <3</p>

So I could export DAZ Genesis stuff, animate it in CrazyTalk7 and then export it as PNGs?

edited January 2015

not exactly
    you can use a render
    or a photo
    I only have CT animator standard

patrick.gif
    150 x 150 - 3M
    Capture.JPG
    1924 x 1040 - 205K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

using a render of my avatar

Jaguarella00000.gif
    500 x 639 - 6M
    Capture.JPG
    888 x 554 - 116K
    Capture.JPG
    1924 x 1040 - 209K
    edited December 1969

Oh Wendy! Thank you for the gif! :) I look kinda Chucky. :P

Wendy: What about iclone? Can I export DAZ-figures as FBX, animate their facial expressions when they talk and export it back into DAZ?

"Mimic Live" isn't very expressive.

edited December 1969

no sadly not
    iClone uses Blendshapes which BVH does not support and DAZ FBX not functional for reimport from iClone

edited December 1969

Buuu ok.... the export to Blender, C4D or Maya is possible from iClone?

DAZ --> iClone --> C4D?

edited December 1969

maybe I do not know, only app I have used Carrara imports them but Blendshapes do not work iClone figures with facial bones do, oh they do work in Ultimate Unwrap 3D

edited December 1969

compositing is probably your best bet
    as I said earlier cut to facial close ups rendered in iClone or made from images in Crazytalk
    a bad example http://youtu.be/c8QhbzzhWx8 before I could do facial animation in iC5 on Genesis (early days they had not enabled it yet) the forest ranger girl and boy were badly done in Carrara which also at that point did not do genesis well.

• ReallusionReallusion Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Hi Patrickgobels

I saw your post about iClone and maybe I can provide some help. iClone, through 3DXchange supports bone, morph and bone/ morph hybrid facial animation data created in other external 3D tools. You may use FBX files to bring in all the character settings, or you can choose replace the morph data by loading OBJ files. Then, use the face mapping procedure to puppet animate your characters in iClone.

Here we have page that explains this and contains some video tutorials you might find helpful. http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/pipeline/flow_character_face.aspx

Also, as I have mentioned on other threads here the current 3DXchange5 does work with iClone6. It will allow you to import items to later work with the iClone6 tools, like the facial & body puppet panel. The only current limitation is that 3DXchange5 can't export iClone6 files back out. For this we have to wait for 3DXchange6 to come out. (around June 2015)

If you have iClone5, then you can surely import and export both ways without any issues. Hope this helps!

facial.jpg
    798 x 412 - 42K