Comments

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094
    edited December 1969

The Judges have spoken and the winners are:

1st Place: Fore by wwes
    2nd Place: Afternoon Snack by Robkelk
    3rd Place: Hillbilly Louie by Lord Ganthor

HM: Dinner’s Ready by Slimer_J_Spud

Thank you to all the participants and Judges. Winners please contact Music2u4u with your e-mail address associated with your DAZ account to receive your prizes.

What we did not receive in quantity was certainly made up for in quality. All the Judges picked a different entry as their winner. Well done everyone.

Now on to the next challenge: February, 2015 Freebie Contest: What Are Dreams Made Of

Oh wow, thanks. Figured I would at least place, but wasn't expecting the gold medal. Thanks for the fun contest!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all of you. This theme brought back many good memories. At the start of the contest, I had several ideas cooking, but as usual, got busy doing other things and never got a single render finished. Maybe in the February contest? lol

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

The Judges have spoken and the winners are:

1st Place: Fore by wwes
    2nd Place: Afternoon Snack by Robkelk
    3rd Place: Hillbilly Louie by Lord Ganthor

HM: Dinner’s Ready by Slimer_J_Spud

Thank you to all the participants and Judges. Winners please contact Music2u4u with your e-mail address associated with your DAZ account to receive your prizes.

What we did not receive in quantity was certainly made up for in quality. All the Judges picked a different entry as their winner. Well done everyone.

Now on to the next challenge: February, 2015 Freebie Contest: What Are Dreams Made Of

Oh, my - I certainly didn't expect to place better than LG. Thank you for the vote of confidence in my work!
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to everyone!

Dana

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

The winners names have been sent in to Daz. Keep your eye out for your store credits.

Thanks to all who entered.

:-)

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners. In truth, I had too many things going on and didn't actually compose this scene till last night. I may post a version with better lighting to my gallery at some point. I think the BH used to drive Mr. Drysdale nuts with that fancy eatin' table thing.

Now for a real hoot, here's a photo from WAYYY back somewhere in MY family tree. One of the "gentlemen" in this photo had the nickname "Rattlesnake Bill". I can't tell if that's because of his temper, or perhaps he killed one in the kitchen. You could consider this the "before" picture of the Beverly Hillbillies. :red:

MARYFOX2.jpg
    504 x 399 - 86K
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners. In truth, I had too many things going on and didn't actually compose this scene till last night. I may post a version with better lighting to my gallery at some point. I think the BH used to drive Mr. Drysdale nuts with that fancy eatin' table thing.

Now for a real hoot, here's a photo from WAYYY back somewhere in MY family tree. One of the "gentlemen" in this photo had the nickname "Rattlesnake Bill". I can't tell if that's because of his temper, or perhaps he killed one in the kitchen. You could consider this the "before" picture of the Beverly Hillbillies. :red:

I think I'd be more afraid of that old woman with the stick. She looks like she'd beat the tar out of you...then beat it back in...the beat it out of you again.

No offense meant to your lineage.

Dana

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Could you make the next challenge more international. I never heard from this TV series nor from the actress. Maybe she was very popular in the states, but not well known in other countries. DAZ and the forum are international sites, which was often forgotten.

Been out of the loop and have rendered incredibly little recently so my opinion on this may have little worth. I don't think national vs international is the problem since there's a lot of things that are specific to one country that can still make interesting renders. Rather, it's the issue of specific vs broad. It's a contest based off of a specific individual as opposed to a concept, such as older TV shows as a whole or portraying characters of lower income but of higher spirits. I saw this contest and thought it was interesting but I came to an utter blank on ideas for it.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

I think I'd be more afraid of that old woman with the stick. She looks like she'd beat the tar out of you...then beat it back in...the beat it out of you again.

Dana
    Oh, so you actually MET my Grandmother? :lol: No, that's not my grandmother in the photo, but they were apparently cast in the same mold. People from outside the deep south have no idea what a matriarchy it really is, or was. The men-folk may run the show, but it was the wimmen-folk who ran the men-folk.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Oh, so you actually MET my Grandmother? :lol: No, that's not my grandmother in the photo, but they were apparently cast in the same mold. People from outside the deep south have no idea what a matriarchy it really is, or was. The men-folk may run the show, but it was the wimmen-folk who ran the men-folk.

Not really too different from today, is it? :lol:

Dana