January, 2015 Freebie Contest: EllyMae Clampett Tribute

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Ok...Granny (Daisy Mae Moses) was Jed's mother-in-law. She was raised in a small unincorperated community called Limestone, Tennessee. Part of the tri-city area of Tenn and Virginia. Limestone was also the birthplace of Davy Crockett.

Ta--da! (Boy, I need a life!)...JK.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Ok...Granny (Daisy Mae Moses) was Jed's mother-in-law. She was raised in a small unincorperated community called Limestone, Tennessee. Part of the tri-city area of Tenn and Virginia. Limestone was also the birthplace of Davy Crockett.

Ta--da! (Boy, I need a life!)...JK.

You, sir, are correct! Granny also made mention of being from the Smoky Mountains in one episode. She and her family were probably bought out around 1933 or 1934 when the National Park was formed. That's why she (they) moved to the Ozarks where Jed and all his kin were from. As to my connection to all of this, Limestone was about 40 or so miles from where I grew up in the a fore mentioned Tri-Cities area of Tennessee and Virginia. Contrary to the song, Davy Crockett was not "born on a mountain top". Limestone sits in a valley and his "birth site" (open to question) is now a recreational park.

You need a life? Scoot over and get me one too while you're at it...

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,061
    edited December 1969

hum.. almost 3 pages of chat and only 2 renders so far... As Ellie would say..."Quit your jabberin and git to renderin"... or was that granny??? lol
    <--gets back to lookin for freebies so's she can create a render for this thread.</p>

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    hum.. almost 3 pages of chat and only 2 renders so far... As Ellie would say..."Quit your jabberin and git to renderin"... or was that granny??? lol
    <--gets back to lookin for freebies so's she can create a render for this thread.</div>

:lol:

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    <--gets back to lookin for freebies so's she can create a render for this thread.</div>

That would be Granny - Elly Mae wouldn't be that acerbic.

And I'm still looking for an appropriate hairdo...

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Perhaps those not familiar with the Beverly Hillbillies might remember Donna Douglas from her appearance in the Twilight Zone episode "Eye of the Beholder", or in her co-starring role as "Frankie" to Elvis Presley's "Johnny" in the film "Frankie and Johnny".

6859001_f520.jpg
    520 x 352 - 61K
    Donna-Douglas-and-Elvis-in-Frankie-and-Johnny.jpg
    476 x 382 - 43K
    tumblr_l9duiy0zh81qb7dheo1_5002_zps7d4465cf.jpg
    500 x 377 - 38K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Never saw Frankie and Johnny. I do remember that Twilight Zone episode, though vaguely.

Dana

edited December 1969

I just watched the Elvis movie last week.. it was his birthday.. and TCM played Elvis movies all day long.. It was great!!!
    I have the Twilight Zone episodes on VHS tapes... yes... I know.. GOTTA git the DVDs... lol... Both great examples of Donna's acting ability! ;)

edited December 1969

Iv'e seen both. Some good acting.

:-)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Perhaps those not familiar with the Beverly Hillbillies might remember Donna Douglas from her appearance in the Twilight Zone episode "Eye of the Beholder", or in her co-starring role as "Frankie" to Elvis Presley's "Johnny" in the film "Frankie and Johnny".

Thank you tjohn.

I vaguely remember that Twilight Zone episode.

edited December 1969

I remember the Twilight Zone episode quite well. Creepy...but a little heavy handed. John Chambers did the effects make-up and went on later to create the make-ups for Planet of the Apes...the original.

I gave Frankie and Johnny a miss myself, as I did most of Elvis' flicks. Never was a big Elvis fan. Not that he doesn't have is place in Rock & Roll history, it's just I feel that he did all his best work before he went into the army.

Wadda I knows, huh?

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Apparently, the truck from The Beverly Hillbillies just sold at auction for an astonishing $275K! Them ain't no hillbillies buying that truck! :lol:
    http://restomods.com/ron-pratte-tuesday-top-5-1185/ Scroll down to #3(b)/

And "Christine" sold for $198K. Now THAT'S scary! :bug:

edited December 1969

Hillbillies? Like dem dere kinna hillbillies whats lives in da sout'? Dem kinna hillbillies? Wadda I knows 'bout hillbillies...or da sout' fer dat matta? I never ain't been sout' of Staten Island letta lone in da real Sout'! Hokay, I'll do da research...I gotta cousin, Lemual Dombroski...he's me pop's brudder's kid. Dey moved Sout' years ago when deir ol' man took a job loggin' trees up in da mountains. He hitched up wit a local gal an' had a mess o' kids. Ain't never met 'em so I decided t' go Sout' an' visit 'em a while. Hey, it's free room and food, seenin' as t' how I'm family an' all. Dey's way out dere in da sticks, some li'l place called Lumpy Creek Gap, Tennessee. Cell phone connection is awful...I gotta go to da general store jus' t' catch a bar or two. An' dat's a'nudda t'ing, dey ain't got no bars! It's a dry county! How back in da sticks is dat? What kinna civilized culture ain't got no bars?!? Anywhoz...dis is sorta a long story...youse guys gotta minuet? Good...so anywhoz, me cousin's got 'im a bunch a kids hisself. Da oldest goil, Ralphie May...now dat's a strange name...but holt on, it get's stranger...she always carries dis dead stuffed animal wit her alla da time. She calls it her "critter." Weird chick. She's way out dere. Now dis goil's gran'ma...me cousin's mudder-in-laws, she's a hoot, lemmie tell ya! She MAKES her own liquior! Sumthin' called "Spring Tonic". Woooo boy! Has dat stuff got a kick! Made me wake up in da pig pen a couple a times afta' a nite out, if ya know what I means! Dis stuff's just too good t' be drinkin' it only in da Springtime! I'm gonna see if I can gets me a couple a dozen jugs t' take back home wit me! Big Eddie Mac, you know Big Eddie...he'll just love it! It don't seem t' love me cousin much, though. Dat's him back there in the outdoor hooter. It jus' runs right t'rough him. Guess dat's what ya wants in da Spring anyway...a good "Spring Cleanin'", right! Hey dere cousin!

1.) Moustache 19th from Top.

2.) Mitch Hair

3.) The Fedora Registration Required.

4.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right

5.) M4-B-Boy Set Shorts. 4th Row, 1st Item.

6.) Bonnie For DazV4.1 and Morphs++ Registration Required. Skin Only.

7.) ED_Agnes (Genesis) Figure Morph. Registration Required. V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis Required.

8.) ShoXoloR for Amarseda Freebie Hair Texture. Registration Required.

9.) Tied Top for V4 Registration Required.

10.) MMRC-ShirtSetForV4A4 2nd Row, 2nd Item.

11.) Bootlegging Registration Required. Jug.

12.) Barbed Wire Fence

13.) Pigs and Piglets

14.) [urlhttp://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=71446]Saxon3d Old Style outhouse Registration Requried.

15.) [urlhttp://www.sharecg.com/v/75672/browse/11/Poser/Raccoon-Prop-for-Poser-DAZ-Studio]Raccoon Prop for Poser & DAZ Studio Registration Required.

16.) [urlhttp://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=69160]Nikisatez's Free Tree Stump Registration Required.

Paid For: M4 Skin Texture, M4-V4 Shapes for Genesis. No Longer Available? Amarseda Hair for V4.
    As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

Hillbilly_Louie.jpg
    625 x 714 - 493K
    edited December 1969

Hillbillies? Like dem dere kinna hillbillies whats lives in da sout'? Dem kinna hillbillies? Wadda I knows 'bout hillbillies...or da sout' fer dat matta? I never ain't been sout' of Staten Island letta lone in da real Sout'! Hokay, I'll do da research...I gotta cousin, Lemual Dombroski...he's me pop's brudder's kid. Dey moved Sout' years ago when deir ol' man took a job loggin' trees up in da mountains. He hitched up wit a local gal an' had a mess o' kids. Ain't never met 'em so I decided t' go Sout' an' visit 'em a while. Hey, it's free room and food, seenin' as t' how I'm family an' all. Dey's way out dere in da sticks, some li'l place called Lumpy Creek Gap, Tennessee. Cell phone connection is awful...I gotta go to da general store jus' t' catch a bar or two. An' dat's a'nudda t'ing, dey ain't got no bars! It's a dry county! How back in da sticks is dat? What kinna civilized culture ain't got no bars?!? Anywhoz...dis is sorta a long story...youse guys gotta minuet? Good...so anywhoz, me cousin's got 'im a bunch a kids hisself. Da oldest goil, Ralphie May...now dat's a strange name...but holt on, it get's stranger...she always carries dis dead stuffed animal wit her alla da time. She calls it her "critter." Weird chick. She's way out dere. Now dis goil's gran'ma...me cousin's mudder-in-laws, she's a hoot, lemmie tell ya! She MAKES her own liquior! Sumthin' called "Spring Tonic". Woooo boy! Has dat stuff got a kick! Made me wake up in da pig pen a couple a times afta' a nite out, if ya know what I means! Dis stuff's just too good t' be drinkin' it only in da Springtime! I'm gonna see if I can gets me a couple a dozen jugs t' take back home wit me! Big Eddie Mac, you know Big Eddie...he'll just love it! It don't seem t' love me cousin much, though. Dat's him back there in the outdoor hooter. It jus' runs right t'rough him. Guess dat's what ya wants in da Spring anyway...a good "Spring Cleanin'", right! Hey dere cousin!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=179654_I37BHuEEWEyUAGiTZCW8&thumb=1&board_id=1

Ha! Another great story, along with a great image! Did you share the jug with that pig? His nose looks a little red. %-P

Dana

edited December 1969

1.) Moustache 19th from Top.

2.) Mitch Hair

3.) The Fedora Registration Required.

4.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right

5.) M4-B-Boy Set Shorts. 4th Row, 1st Item.

6.) Bonnie For DazV4.1 and Morphs++ Registration Required. Skin Only.

7.) ED_Agnes (Genesis) Figure Morph. Registration Required. V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis Required.

8.) ShoXoloR for Amarseda Freebie Hair Texture. Registration Required.

9.) Tied Top for V4 Registration Required.

10.) MMRC-ShirtSetForV4A4 2nd Row, 2nd Item.

11.) Bootlegging Registration Required. Jug.

12.) Barbed Wire Fence

13.) Pigs and Piglets

14.) [urlhttp://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=71446]Saxon3d Old Style outhouse Registration Requried.

15.) [urlhttp://www.sharecg.com/v/75672/browse/11/Poser/Raccoon-Prop-for-Poser-DAZ-Studio]Raccoon Prop for Poser & DAZ Studio Registration Required.

16.) [urlhttp://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=69160]Nikisatez's Free Tree Stump Registration Required.

Paid For: M4 Skin Texture, M4-V4 Shapes for Genesis. No Longer Available? Amarseda Hair for V4.
    As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

YAY!!! We have an entry.

All your links check out LG.

Another great story. I do enjoy hearing Louie's Adventures.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

OT: Freepozitory Gallery

First, the gallery is not dead. I have purchased a new server and space for it at a new datacenter. I am in the process of transferring data from the current servers to the new server and once that is complete, the gallery will resume updates.

Second, I have also purchased significantly more bandwidth than the current server has. This will increase the speed of the gallery by orders of magnitude. In addition, I have pre-purchased 4 years of contract for this location -- so the gallery will be safe for some time to come.

Kendall

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

OT: Freepozitory Gallery

First, the gallery is not dead. I have purchased a new server and space for it at a new datacenter. I am in the process of transferring data from the current servers to the new server and once that is complete, the gallery will resume updates.

Second, I have also purchased significantly more bandwidth than the current server has. This will increase the speed of the gallery by orders of magnitude. In addition, I have pre-purchased 4 years of contract for this location -- so the gallery will be safe for some time to come.

Kendall

Do you need any help with paying for the contract?
    edited December 1969

LG...FUNNY render. They singing "How Dry I Am"?...lol.

Good work Kendall. That sounds great for the future. Just keep us informed as to what to do.

:-) :-)

edited January 2015

I found this old spinning wheel in the Daz store a while back. It fit perfect in the corner here. I can not give it away with the shack, but you can still purchase it from the store here for $1.99. Just suites the scenery perfectly.

http://www.daz3d.com/spinning-wheel

BHSSpinningWheel.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 183K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Hi Ya'll !!!!!!!!

Ellymae2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 101K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    I found this old spinning wheel in the Daz store a while back. It fit perfect in the corner here. I can not give it away with the shack, but you can still purchase it from the store here for $1.99. Just suites the scenery perfectly.

http://www.daz3d.com/spinning-wheel

There's also a free one here!

Dana

edited December 1969

Sorry I've been absent...been sick the last few days.

Great finds Music and Dana.

Thanks so much Kendal for looking after the gallery.

edited December 1969

There is a week left in this month's contest and we have 1 entry.

I am really hoping there are images that are almost done and will be posted very soon.

edited December 1969

I am really hoping there are images that are almost done and will be posted very soon.

The THEME is proving a little hard for me to find content... I'll try and put something together this week. (fingers crossed)

edited December 1969

llolalane said:

The THEME is proving a little hard for me to find content... I'll try and put something together this week. (fingers crossed)

Fair enough Llola.

Everything was a little last minute this month.

edited January 2015

llolalane said:

The hillbillies went from dirt poor farmers to millionaires. They covered the entire money spectrum. I don't see how that could inhibit anyone from finding content. Ellymae also was a lover of animals and there are hundreds of free animals out there. Ok, I understand if some of you never heard of or watched them, but we have Google and thousands of sites with info about them and photos. I just don't understand why nobody entered this month other than Lord Ganthor, who had no problem with content or a scene.

I feel a little bad about this because Donna Douglas was a very well loved lady here in the states and nobody wanted to pay her respects and enter the contest. I am surprized. I take full blame for this because I had Kismet change the theme at the last minute. I really believed that many of you folks would want to enter on such a well loved family, and easy render with sooo much free content out there for poor and rich scenes. I made a mistake and I am sorry.

I guess , unless someone else enters, which I doubt at this point, I will proclaim Lord Ganthor the winner this month. I think he already has the hillbillie shack that he won before here, so I will send his name on in to the Daz team for his store credits. All I can say is thank God for him because everyone else just fizzled on us. Thanks LG. for your support.

I will wait until the end of the month just in case. Boy, am I surprized.

:down:

music

edited December 1969

This is kind of sad. Sorry, Music. I couldn't think of anything myself. And I've been busy with things. I don't do much in the way of renders these days. I am also surprised, I thought there would be a lot of entries.

Dana

edited January 2015

Me too Dana. She was so well loved. This is a first in 8 years. And the fact that it was on a tribute for such a kind lady is double sad.

I just don't know what to say.

Maybe next month will be better. Gulan7 will be hosting. Robkelk has March and then lLolalane wants April.

May is open and July,Aug,Sept,Nov and Dec are available for hosting.

Contact me.

edited December 1969

There are still 4 more days til the end of the month... I'm sure there are a lot of last minute people out there... I forgot that the items had to be freebies... THAT is what is taking so long for me... I had an idea in my head... but I forgot it has to be freebies.. Finding the content... copying the links... remembering where I got what... sheesh... It's not easy posting freebies. I'm going to still post it.. but if you want to declare the winner before the month is even up.. so be it!

edited December 1969

We will wait until the end of the month just in case.