character model blown out, details not visible

Hey, everyone. Here's what my screen looks like:

https://i.ibb.co/74XNzHQ/Screenshot-2021-07-06-12-28-02.png

The figure is blown out and I can't see any details. I never had this problem with Daz on my old computer, so I'm not sure if it's a setting I need to change or what. Please help me get the old view of the model back with all the details clearly visible.

I use Daz for sketching so I need to be able to see things like eyes, ears and fingers.

Thanks.

J

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

A) You're using Filament, which generally looks hideous and blown-out.

B) Nobody will be able to tell what your figure looks like because the mods are going to delete it for showing nudity.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,711
    edited July 2021

In the top of the viewport to the left of perspective view, it shows that you are in filament. If you click that icon you can instead select Texture shaded.

Filament is a realtime renderer, and you can also keep that and instead create a filament draw options and reduce environment intensity.

Post edited by felis on
  • Thank you!

• margrave said:

B) Nobody will be able to tell what your figure looks like because the mods are going to delete it for showing nudity.

B) lol for real? I can't post Daz models? dang

Anyways, thanks for solving the problem! Now to solve the crashing problem...

• Jason Berger said:

margrave said:

B) lol for real? I can't post Daz models? dang

You could have zoomed in so that only the upper body was showing, that would still demonstrate the issue

Anyways, thanks for solving the problem! Now to solve the crashing problem...