Why must be this so complex ?

JavPJavP Posts: 118
edited July 6 in Hexagon Discussion

Last year I changed my PC to a new Ryzen 7 + Asus Turbo GTX-1060 6Gb + 32Bg RAM + Windows 10 64

Hexagon was running ok ( you know.. from time to time a crash but letting work ).

As side note of something interesting: A curious thing in Win 7 and Win 10, was that if you had Hexagon crashes clicking on an object, or as example you had holes in an onject making impossible to sculpe this, you always can select all objects and save a an OBJ file. Later, you load the file, and there are not problems. Not crashes and sculpe the object. Nice !!

Now without know why, a HXN draw that was saved / exported to OBJ without problems in the past, is crashing Hexagon ALWAYS that I try to save / export as OBJ file.

I tried to download the new Beta but DIM and DAZ Central always install the public 2.5.2.109. Including a new purchase of the new beta that didn't change the list of updates in DIM and Central. Always download the same.

Anyone knows if some update in Win 10, or other can cause this so many repeated ? ( Of course from time to time continues crashing by other reassons )

Is a Windows error. Not an Hexagon error. First was "Windows detect a problem and the porogram will be closed..." but in lasts only is closed without any warning.

Post edited by JavP on

Comments

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,417

I'm running 2.5.1.137. I prefer to use DIM rather than Central.

I did have a crash last night, but I was trying to do something stupid, HEX did display an error but as I knew what I did wrong (and I'd only saved a few minutes earlier) I did not bother to read it.

You can also try installing it manually, I normally go down that road when things play me up. Don't forget to turn off Local Redraw and raise your Undos.

• JavPJavP Posts: 118

Thank you John.

I will try to put off the local redraw. But seems something deeper. I never changed the parameters, because reset them usually solves a repeated crash. I will try as you say.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 964

Ok, hit me: what is local redraw, again?

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,417
    edited July 22

Roman, Danny did a quick start tutorial way back, this is the one where he gives a brief discription of the Preference menu - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu-xZNYYv20&ab_channel=CGDreamsTutorials

local redraw.jpg
    620 x 504 - 198K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on