Using 2 discrete lighting areas - Inside/Outside

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
edited December 1969 in New Users

Scene I'm working on takes place inside.

There's a window, with some stuff outside.

What I'd like to do is have the light INSIDE be seperate from the light OUTSIDE.

The "light coming in from the window" is already accounted for inside. The inside light wouldn't affect the outside, which will be a more direct and bright sunlight.

My current plan is just to render inside with nothing outside the window, save as a PNG with the transparency, do a render with outside from the same camera with new light, and just composite in Photoshop...but is there a way to do this all in Daz?

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 2014

My first suggestion would be to block the windows with planes set to cast shadows but not be visible in render (all lights should have shadows turned on). But i just tried that and it doesn't seem to be working. (not sure if i'm doing it wrong or that it's broken in 4.7).

Second suggestion would be to render the outside scene first, and set that render as background image for the indoor scene.

Edit : my first suggestion apparently never worked that way, but it does work if you apply ubersurface to the planes and turn Fantom on.

Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on