Moving Parts of objects - Things spring back or don't move

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
edited December 1969 in New Users

Ok, I'm trying to use the cuffs of some boots with another pair of boots.

The cuffs are from a gen-autofitted to g2f. Then unparented.
I've turned off the opacity of the parts of the boots, so just the cuffs show.
I've unhidden the properties.

When i try to move them, I select in the bones, so in the pic below, just the left parts. If I try the shin, nothing moves. If i try the thigh, They move if i move sliders, but not the arrows on the screen...but they don't move in any way related to Translating on the axises. And often, they spring back despite the sliders settings taking (ie, i move the slider from 0 to 10, the part moves on the screen while I'm sliding..I release the slider, the part springs back to where it was, but the slider setting stays at 10.)

---
(I was eventually able to get them set the way I want through a whole lot of trial and error and have no idea how to replicate it...SO, is there a way to get this to work the way I wanted?)

Screenshot_2014-12-27_18.40_.30_.png
187 x 212 - 65K
bootmove.jpg
521 x 891 - 80K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You probably need to un-Fit to in order to have control over the sliders.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

How do you unfit? I needed to load them onto the figure so they'd be in the vaguely right positions, but it wouldn't let me cancel out of the autofitiing, (which often seems to be more problematic than it solves).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,806
    edited December 1969

Fit to>None, via right-click in the viewport or via the Parameters pane. It may be simplest to load two copies of the boots, hide all but one cuff on each, and manually line them up and parent them to the shins.